It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Under Cyber Attack Due to Recent Failed Turkish Military Coup

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Something I found that might be of interest to some of our more conspiracy minded folks when thinking about the goings on in Turkey. This is from 18, July

On Monday July 18th, WikiLeaks tweeted about that they are going through a sustained attack on their infrastructure. All this start happening has after they announced to release a trove of documents detailing the Turkey’s political power structure.
WikiLeaks is best known for its release of classified government and military documents. Earlier on Monday it said that they are preparing to release 300,000 emails and 500,000 documents related to the failed coup operation in Turkey.

www.ehacking.net...

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'd say someone doesn't want us to know that there was more to that coup attempt than they've let on. Erdogan is trying to become a true dictator, shutting down schools, charities and pretty much anything else his paranoid little mind can think of.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Color me unsurprised.

Also, freaking English. Coup. That's where you keep chickens. Why can't we just spell it Coo? Don't get me started on that one word I am completely failing to remember that has taken me 31 years to almost get right the first time I read it.

And I just texted my mother who holds a Masters Degree in English among other things (shut up, she tried) "What's this word I'm trying to think of that might start with an A and is about 6 letters long and is frustrating when you read it?"

"What would you like to say?"

"That this stupid word I can't remember is spelled in a frustrating way!"

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm actually not that surprised. With that kind of wealth of info, it's going to smite pretty bad being out there. It's a no-brainer that Wiki's going to get spanked as hard as Turkey can muster.
Edit: And yeah, I'm assuming Turkey's responsible. Erdogan's not effing around with mere common folk, a cyber unit kicking into high gear wouldn't be out of the question.

originally posted by: Domo1

Also, freaking English. Coup. That's where you keep chickens. Why can't we just spell it Coo?

Um, that would be a coop. As in chicken coop. A coup is a wee bit different here

edit on 7/24/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yeah I know how to spell coop. I know how to spell lots of words. Like big and fat and meanie (I don't know how to spell meanie).

It should be pronounced co up not cue. It looks more like coop to me. I don't know. It's 10:30 on a Saturday, I'm not going to be here sober. Also, you should be nice to people with obvious mental disabilities.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Anyone with a credit card/bit coins can buy DDOS ability for rental, the problem is that long term it wouldn't help the president as the info will get out anyway and places like wikileaks have measures in place to limit the effect of a DDOS attack so yes the site goes slow but after a bit of time things get reconfigured and its back to normal...it was a Saturday so probably the main tech guys are enjoying a break so might take longer to fix than if it was mid day on a Tuesday.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
wikileaks has dozens of mirror sites on the deepweb. so unless they keep all of their hardware in one basement somewhere, you cant really silence them

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

My goodness you are off...

Coup is French. The word literally means 'Stroke'.

When people use the word 'Coup' in reference to a seizure of power by military force they are using 'Coup' as short for 'Coup d'tat' which in French, literally means 'Stroke of State.' The way they say it in French, though, it is interpreted as 'Seizure of State.'

Another French euphemism with the word 'Coup' is 'Coup d'Graces' which literally means 'Stroke of Grace'. Many people use 'Coup d'Graces' in the context of battle where it is to be interpreted as 'The Final Blow'. Another context to use 'Coup d'Graces' in is in reference to the big climax of a movie or a performance.

I don't even speak French and I know this.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

My goodness you are off.

It's spelled terribly. English isn't French. I'm aware of the word and it's origins.

We shouldn't have adopted so many ridiculous words. Next you'll be telling me the freaking Brits speak the language better than Americans (they don't).

I don't speak French either, I'm glad you know Coup is French and did some Googling.

Sweet child, my point was that English is a pain in the ass because we include things like French and it sort of gums up the works. So it would be easier if we had our own word for coup. Let me ask you this, if you grew up speaking English and reading it, without ever seeing the word coup, would you pronounce it correctly the first time you read it?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Let me ask you this, if you grew up speaking English and reading it, without ever seeing the word coup, would you pronounce it correctly the first time you read it?

Of course not.

I don't speak French either, I'm glad you know Coup is French and did some Googling.

I didn't have to google anything.

We shouldn't have adopted so many ridiculous words. Next you'll be telling me the freaking Brits speak the language better than Americans (they don't).

Then call it something else:

Overthrow, Seizure, Regime Change, etc.

edit:

And don't call me a child.

edit on 7/24/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I'd say someone doesn't want us to know that there was more to that coup attempt than they've let on. Erdogan is trying to become a true dictator, shutting down schools, charities and pretty much anything else his paranoid little mind can think of.

as i understood from a report i saw the other day that those schools and universities belong to the guy living in the US Fethullah Gülen who is supposed to be the person behind the (Coup, coop, co-up) what ever you want to call it since it has taken more debate than the subject in hand

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I don't speak French either

I think we all knew that.

You'd like things nice and simple, would you?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
When people use the word 'Coup' in reference to a seizure of power by military force they are using 'Coup' as short for 'Coup d'tat' which in French, literally means 'Stroke of State.'

You missed an "é", it's "coup d'état".

We have our own version of the expression in Portuguese, "golpe de estado".

Back on topic, if Wikileaks says they are going to "release 300,000 emails and 500,000 documents", I wonder how did they get them so fast.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

When people use the word 'Coup' in reference to a seizure of power by military force they are using 'Coup' as short for 'Coup d'tat' which in French, literally means 'Stroke of State.'

You missed an "é", it's "coup d'état".

We have our own version of the expression in Portuguese, "golpe de estado".

Back on topic, if Wikileaks says they are going to "release 300,000 emails and 500,000 documents", I wonder how did they get them so fast.

No kidding I bet NSA could learn a few things from them....expose corruption and you have volunteers giving you info ?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

My goodness you are off...

Coup is French. The word literally means 'Stroke'.

When people use the word 'Coup' in reference to a seizure of power by military force they are using 'Coup' as short for 'Coup d'tat' which in French, literally means 'Stroke of State.' The way they say it in French, though, it is interpreted as 'Seizure of State.'

Another French euphemism with the word 'Coup' is 'Coup d'Graces' which literally means 'Stroke of Grace'. Many people use 'Coup d'Graces' in the context of battle where it is to be interpreted as 'The Final Blow'. Another context to use 'Coup d'Graces' in is in reference to the big climax of a movie or a performance.

I don't even speak French and I know this.

I always thought the French line 'Coup d'etat' (Stroke of State) referred to 'Stroke' in the sense of a swordstroke and not a seizure...whereby the 'Head' of the State is quickly removed with one final stroke of the sword.
edit on 24-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Also, freaking English. Coup. That's where you keep chickens.

No,no,no,no ,no. It is chicken coop
Let Google and an old southerner be your guide through life
Coup

a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government
late 18th century: from French, from medieval Latin colpus ‘blow’

Back on topic
The Dems are already running scared from the Guccifer effect.Now we have possibly another major strike coming up. But Obama will turn the entire SC EW group against them.

Not surprising.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

You are correct. I don't think the French intended to to say stroke of state as a reference to a heart attack, rather as you've put it, a sword stroke.

Anyways, on to the topic at hand.

Someone asked how they've acquired this many documents so fast.

Inside job, whistleblower. I'll bet this was carefully planned by someone on Bernie's team.

top topics

join