It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Town's THC in Water 'Scare' --Part II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is Part I ATS

CNN

The story has become stranger. An explanation was given. A company in Hugo, CO., was testing it's workers for drugs. The results were not correct, they thought, and decided to test the town's water as a control sample. That test was positive for THC. They alerted the town.

The town then went about taking their own tests. One well and 'other locations' tested positive for THC.

Then:

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation was called to collect samples for laboratory tests on Thursday....In the end, the lab tests were negative

The 'boil water' alert was then lifted. Though, as many pointed out, that was never necessary due to the fact THC is not soluble in water and the unimaginable amount of THC it would take to actually contaminate an entire water source for a town.

I am wondering 2 things.

1) How could there be so much bungling of this?

2) How INACCURATE are tests companies are using on employees? How many have lost their jobs because of this?

I thought I would give the conclusion to this bizarre story.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This story really did just get weirder.

I feel like someone went crazy and thought there was THC in the water, it got to the news because the news doesn't fact check, and now we have a very stupid excuse. I think the tests employers give is usually pretty accurate. I've never heard of anyone (I know how it sounds) losing a job due to a piss test (or at least arguing it was wrong). It's those poppyseed muffins.

How did you run across this one? It just seems like such a weird goofball story, local? Oh, CNN. Goofy story.
edit on 2320160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Please continue this conversation in the original thread.

Colorado Town Warns of THC in the Water

Thread closed.

new topics

join