It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Anti-Trump rhetoric: "Racist" to "Fascist".

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Apparently, those on the left that were almost serene in their belief that this election was a lock for Hillary have suffered a severe reality adjustment and have woken up to what we've been saying for months now..."Don't underestimate Donald".

Acquaintances that I knew supported Hillary have 'overnight' become vitriolic in their response. It is now 'he's a fascist and nothing will convince me otherwise". Gone is the mild mannered mere 'racist' label and subsequent dismissal of Trump as a subject. It is now outright hate.

It is both amusing and more than a little troubling as no real dialogue seems possible in face of this disconcerted reaction/rant from the left.

Being in a magnanimous mood following the massive exposure of the Trump the man, father and businessman which has been studiously avoided by the MSM, I will admit the small truth that gives strength to the overall hyperbole of the left. Every 'sword' has two edges. Placing stress on one specific religion or ethnicity can, potentially, open the door to a slippery slope that 'could' lead to a fascist mentality. Both in the general population and in the gov't, itself.

That does not, however, excuse any comparison to Hitler or the like.

One might as well label a purchaser of a gun as a 'murderer', merely for buying the gun.....LOL. Yes, the possibility exists that the buyer intends to kill someone. The odds? Too obvious to bother with. Of course, there's little motive in labelling him so....unless there's political motive....

Now add in the fact that virtually everyone one of us is likely 'registered' in one form or another with almost an instantaneous collation into any category the Gov't sees fit and the hue and cry becomes a yawner.

Could it end up being a mistake? Sure...could. What we have been doing, and not doing, has definitely been a mistake.

If that issue causes concern, then look at the other issues that he accurately pointed out.

Overall, the left has taken the 'wake-up call' very poorly.....

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

One might as well label a purchaser of a gun as a 'murderer', merely for buying the gun.....LOL.

I've got several pallets of ammunition ... and a re-loading bench too. Does that make me the biggest mass murderer of all time? LOL

Nice post.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

If you Really want to Know what Donald J. Trump would do as POTUS , just Listen to what this Man has said over the Past 30 Years . He has been very Consistent in his Beliefs whether you Agree with him or Not .

www.youtube.com...

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The left has to call Trump and his supporters racists, fascists.

They can't debate on issues.
They can't speak of Hillary's accomplishments.
They can't argue based on values, ethics, morality.

This is the only weapon in their arsenal.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
exactly!
to quote margaret thatcher:

I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left.

the more rabid and irrational the attacks against trump are the more you can be sure that they have become desperate and can`t offer a real political argument against him.

edit on 23-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

If you Really want to Know what Donald J. Trump would do as POTUS , just Listen to what this Man has said over the Past 30 Years . He has been very Consistent in his Beliefs whether you Agree with him or Not .

www.youtube.com...

Of course, one would have had to done a little honest research to get...'the rest of the story' wouldn't one....
edit on 23-7-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

The left has to call Trump and his supporters racists, fascists.

They can't debate on issues.
They can't speak of Hillary's accomplishments.
They can't argue based on values, ethics, morality.

This is the only weapon in their arsenal.

That is more or less what I was thinking but you probably said it better than me !

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Don't underestimate Donald

You mean don't underestimate the stupidity (and immaturity) of the American people.

Trump does speak like someone who's either crazy, a fascist or both, you really can't deny it unless you're dishonest.

And I don't want a businessman running the country, so that argument doesn't work with me, I want someone who cares about more than money.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

No terrorist, the DHS covered us...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

yep, I love how when liberals feel threatened with defeat they reduce themselves to temper tantrums. It's going to be really fun to watch.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Then WHY vote for the Clintons?
NOBODY gloms money like them.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

No terrorist, the DHS covered us...

Oh
That's just great.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's not only people on the left or liberals or Hillary voters who are alarmed by the man:

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

You mean don't underestimate the stupidity (and immaturity) of the American people.

Trump does speak like someone who's either crazy, a fascist or both, you really can't deny it unless you're dishonest.

And I don't want a businessman running the country, so that argument doesn't work with me, I want someone who cares about more than money.

This is a perfect example.

Those who disagree with your ideology and favor Trump are stupid and immature.

By your reasoning, only smart and mature people are voting for Hillary.

But why?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

and his supporters racists, fascists.

There are racists and fascists on both sides, and Both sides' are calling everyone from the other camp fascists and racist, stupid, naive and every other name you can possibly think of.

Both sides are #.
Period.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Can't care for the people if the country is broke.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

The only sides I see are the ones where one side wants bigger government and more authoritarian control and the other "side" wants freedom.
edit on 23-7-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Apparently they FOUND some more Bernie ballots..yournewswire.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   

a reply to: eNumbra

The only sides I see are the ones where one side wants bigger government and more authoritarian control and the other "side" wants freedom.

Then you only pay attention to some very slanted reporting and have a fairly biased view of history.

Whole government wants to screw you, some of them will screw you personally, others will sell you down river to their corporate buddies; either way it's a cesspool, nobody's clean and you're all fooling yourself if you think anythings going to change regardless of who gets elected.

But don't worry, I'm not so smug that I'll ever say I told you so, I'll just keep on reminding you that we've been through all this before.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join