It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Good News Trump

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

i see now, so personally he might not have any problem with legalizing and taxing them but he could never get congress to go along with it.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Exactly. Congress and Evangelicals and the Republican Base either.

Those groups have never been for any drug legalization of any kind.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

What about the will of the people?
I see Trump doing a lot of listening and problem solving on a "people" basis.

The majority of the "people" are for legalization, right? So, I can see Trump "making this happen"

Still, my state of Tennessee is Trump Town, so again, I'm voting for the same person I voted for in 2012, Johnson.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Government cares nothing about the "Will of the People". It's been proven that We the People only effect the decisions happening in the Government to such an insignificant amount that it may as well not even be counted. It's like less than 1% or something.

That's because We the People don't have any influence unless we group together and have money to buy favor. That is our system now. To effect change at the political level you have to either be Really Really Wealthy to bribe someone yourself, or better yet to have some kind of organization or business which you push your influence through with. But as far as people go, we're all just a bunch of scattered people all going in different directions as far as they're concerned. We're just cattle for the most part.

But who knows. If Trump can convince the Republican Party to Legalize Drugs against the Will of the Religious Right and Law Enforcement which is against that idea I'd be surprised. I'm all for it as many others are too. But those are some big time powerful groups to go against and they don't give in very easy.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:56 AM
link   
If Trump started campaigning about legalizing drugs and ending the drug war, he'd pull in a massive amount of liberals and beat Hillary in a landslide.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Maybe but he'd also lose the majority of his supporters he has now. Plus I don't know if the one's against him now would trust him enough to switch over to his side just for that.

That's his problem now is that those who aren't already on his side don't trust him and think he's just conning people with what he does say which is mostly just slogans and nothing of much substance.

Plus the risk of losing his base support now, especially when they're having issues internally coming together is a pretty big gamble to make. He might lose 2 for every 1 he gains.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   

So I started thinking that Trump could end up winning and I started to mentally prepare for that outcome.

The single most reason as to what is wrong with elections today. My candidate doesnt stand a chance , so I am going to vote for the other guy that does.

Ever think that may be why your candidate doesnt stand a chance ?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Well... El chapo sells drugs or used to..
If Trump legalizes any drug.. wouldn't that make them a "criminal" under federal law?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I agree

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

I think you've missed the entire point of legalization.

If we legalize certain drugs or even all drugs, the criminal penalty will be non existent. If we allow certain parties within the US the right to cultivate and manufacture these drugs under regulation, then the Narco Terrorists will have no more market to fill.

That's the truth about legalization that big pharma doesn't want you to know.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Trump has been calling Congress stupid and incompetent. Good luck getting them to agree with plans unless he figures out a way to work with them. Threats and name calling isn't likely to work..

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
and here we have Trump's first bad idea.

Bound to be some more along the way

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join