It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Obliquity Induced By Planet Nine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Drafted and placed in the Cornell University Library 7-21-16, Planet Nine is getting much more "galactic cred" these days as a new paper was just published by Elizabeth Bailey , Michael E. Brown & Kostantin Batygin from CalTech's Division of Geological & Planetary Sciences.

Let's dive right on in, shall we? * palms rub together *

The six-degree obliquity of the sun suggests that either an asymmetry was present in the solar system's formation environment, or an external torque has misaligned the angular momentum vectors of the sun and the planets.

"External torque has misaligned... the sun and the planets" * gulp * That can't be good, right?

I admit I am an curious solar observer. I participate in the watch for coronal filament releases, solar tornados, and cringe at the thought of Earthfacing CMEs, or Coronal Mass Ejections. Why? I have a recliner and a lot of time to read. That and I have an growing fascination with all things in our universe.

This credible Planet Nine possibility just increased my universal appetite.

Now for my brazen statement:
I believe there is something causing our sun to react in an odd manner, thus resulting in unusual increase of weather pattern irregularities, earthquakes, volanic erruptions, etc...none of which can hardly be blamed on human kind.

You can laugh all you like, but science is catching up with me, or I am with it.

Batygin & Brown (2016) have recently shown that the physical alignment of distant Kuiper Belt orbits can be explained by a 5-20 Earth-mass planet on a distant, eccentric, and inclined orbit, with an approximate perihelion distance of ~250 AU.

And...

Planet Nine offers a testable explanation for the otherwise mysterious spin-orbit misalignment of the solar system.

"Testable explanation" and Planet Nine along with "misalignment of the solar system" in the same sentence, in a credible source? Wow!

This isn't a Hoax, right? April Fools?

I am giddy with possibilities this paper serves up.

Because there is no directly observed stellar companion to the sun (or any other known gravitational influence capable of providing an external torque on the solar system sufficient to produce a six-degree misalignment over its multi-billion-year lifetime Heller 1993), virtually all explanations for the solar obliquity thus far have invoked mechanisms inherent to the nebular stage of evolution.

Recently, Batygin & Brown (2016) determined that the spatial clustering of the orbits of Kuiper Belt objects with semi-major axis a 250AU can be understood if the solar system hosts an additional m9 = 5 − 20m⊕ planet on a distant, eccentric orbit. Here, we refer to this object as Planet Nine . The orbital parameters of this planet reside somewhere along a swath of parameter space spanning hundreds of AU in semi-major axis, significant eccentricity, and tens of degrees of inclination, with a perihelion distance of roughly q9 ∼ 250AU yielding semi-major axes that are frozen in time. Correspondingly, the standard N−planet problem is replaced with a picture in which N massive wires (whose line densities are inversely proportional to the instantaneous orbital velocities) interact gravitationally (Murray & Dermott 1999). Provided that no low-order commensurabilities exist among the planets, this method is well known to reproduce the correct dynamical evolution on timescales that greatly exceed the orbital period (Mardling 2007; Li et al. 2014).

Induction of solar obliquity of some magnitude is an inescapable consequence of the existence of Planet Nine. That is, the effect of a distant perturber residing on an inclined orbit is to exert a mean-field torque on the remaining planets of the solar system, over a timespan of ∼ 4.5 Gyr. In this manner, the gravitational influence of Planet Nine induces precession of the angular momentum vectors of the sun and planets about the total angular momentum vector of the solar system.

This information energizes the mind to open to boldly go to:

1. Planet Nine factually exists
2. It has torque and a gravitational influence on the sun and planets
3. It has forward momentum.

I know there are many ATS members who know far more than I on this subject and I welcome a non-combative discussion of our coexistance with Planet Nine as it completes its own orbit toward Earth and around our sun.

Planet Nine Source

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
ongoing discussion

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

join