It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else notice this? About the recent shootings...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

Would love to see that....hope you can find it again.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

How do we know it's not the same motivation?

All 3 generated fear. All 3 have led to discussions on more policing, federal oversight.

Just spit-balling here.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Yes it seems strange.

Those weren't the only times they've done this either.

Didn't a couple of the school shootings have that same reduction in number of shooters thing happen too??? If I remember right at least one of them did.

Then of course there are even older ones than that like the OK city bombing and of course JFK. Seems like there is always some confusion about the number of shooters involved in these types of things and yet in the end there just always seems to be the one guy who's caught that did it all by himself. Who the CIA and/or FBI also just happen to be totally aware of and on a personal level with too.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

How do we know it's not the same motivation?

All 3 generated fear. All 3 have led to discussions on more policing, federal oversight.

Just spit-balling here.

Well, the US shootings were done by BLM (or similar ideology) and the political aim has been "cops are racist and we should take away your guns so people can't murder with them."

The Munich shooting was done by a radicalized Islamist in a country that already has gun control.

edit on 23-7-2016 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Here it is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: diggindirt

People are coherent, in their own minds. They believe they saw and heard what they say they saw and heard.

There's a 100 different things going on at once. You're not looking at the exact same thing at the exact same time from the exact same position as a person ten feet away from you. You've never shot a gun before in your life, so you can't differentiate between a handgun and a rifle, while the other person shoots on a weekly basis and knows the difference in the sound. But the other person doesn't live in the city, so they're not all that familiar with how sound carries in a built up area. You, you live two blocks away and you can pinpoint what road an ambulance is on just by the pitch of its siren. You see a plainclothes cop in body armor with a badge on his belt running towards the gunfire with his gun drawn. The guy ten feet away though, he didn't see the badge as the cop ran past him. All he sees is a guy in body armor with a gun running down the street.

See why you two might have different stories, yet believe you're each entirely and completely accurate?

Welcome to eyewitness testimony.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Maybe....or maybe this one just stuck out to me because it happened 3 times in such a short period of time? I honestly don't know...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

On the surface, very different.

But if there are similarities, then perhaps that is the conspiracy we're looking for.

Dunno, personally. Just in a conspiracy-mood tonight.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
maybe they captured the other 2 and sent them to some hellhole torture chamber.
they tell em, you aren`t getting out of here alive and nobody will come looking for you we killed your buddy and told the media there was only one attacker,now we`re gonna make you tell us everything you know or remember from the minute you were born,then we`re gonna kill you and dump your body in the ocean.we can do this the easy way or the hard way but the end is going to be the same with you dead, the only question you need to answer now is do you want to suffer before you die?
edit on 23-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2016 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

ahh,, ok. I thought you had an actual eyewitness paragraph. But I understand what Shamrock is saying... However, it doesn't match up with the interview I saw from Dallas anyway. I wish I could get a copy of that interview. It was with a couple of people who in the block when the shooting started. One witness said that an officer pulled her behind something (she said what it was, I just forget) for safety because they thought the shooting was coming from the parking garage. Then bullets started hitting the ground from another direction. Another witness next to her said that the way the bullets from the opposite direction were hitting the ground and bouncing that they had to come from an elevated position, just like the shooter in the parking garage.

There was also a separate interview with another channel (I had switched airports by this time) who interviewed a woman who said she saw a man shooting at police and then running away. Of course, I disregarded this one at the time because I figured it was one of the protesters who thought the police had turned on them. This was also a comment made by another witness when the shooting started. He said that the police thought the protesters were shooting at them and so there was some delay before they realized that it was coming from an elevated position and NOT the protesters.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

It might also be that it happens because of all the confusion and quick reporting now. Where it used to be that people had to wait around for some official story to come out first before hearing about something, now we have cell phones and blogs and internet tweets as soon as something goes down. With all the info everywhere it's a lot easier to get false information thrown in rather than one official story that is consistent. (Although it too may very well be false as well. But it will be consistent.)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Yes. I noticed it right after the Florida nightclub shooting. I put the pieces together, then. It is VERY strange. Always three. I don't know what it means, but my mind is going to everything from something demonic to sleepers to other tin-foil hatty things. I am glad someone else noticed this and said something! Very cool. Can't wait to see what people say.

It has been going on since this first began with the Aurora batman shooter. The first reports for every shooting after that have said three suspected shooters--later changing to only one each and every time.
edit on 23-7-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I don't argue that point one bit... However, I've found that many times the news reports 1-10% truth and 90-99% educated (or otherwise) guessing... They also feed off of each other.

So I suppose it's possible that one station ran with 3 shooters so they all did?

I agree. That's probably exactly what happened.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

That can go both ways...It can also leak real events that are later covered up with false narratives.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I't started with the shooting in Dallas.... When everything was going down, the media was reporting 3 shooters. Later they came back and said it was a lone shooter.

In addition to any other reason why it might happen, I am convinced the reason for the number of shooters is seemingly always exaggerated, is because:

1,- a, eg 3 shooters, instills greater fear in people than is instilled by just one shooter.
2.- people always retain the first message they hear and that is what TPTB want them to do.

The fact they are subsequently revised down doesn't make any difference, they still remember the original number and this is take remember months and years later.

Pay attention to the numbers when you hear people talk about these events months or a year or two later and you will observe this occurring.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Shamrocks post hits he nail on the head, at least for me.

For anyone interested in how poor witness testimony can be and the fallibility of human recollection - it's worth reading a book by 2 psychologists Christopher Chabris and Daniel Simons called 'The Invisible Gorilla'. They also did the memory test video. It's really shows you just how bad we are at remembering so called 'facts'.

Here's that vid - if you've not seen it before, don't read up on it beforehand - just watch it.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Ever play Whisper Down the Lane?

Human perception is not infallible. You can put 20 people in a room and flash an image of something on a screen and not everyone is going to report the same.

To me none of that speaks to a conspiracy as much as it does that chaotic situations are just that, chaotic.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

In this thread: Police operation underway at Munich mall

This poster brought up very interesting points and some good questions too, regarding the Munich shootings and info/disinfo, in my opinion, that I haven't seen anyone address yet.

Check it out and see what you think.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Its amazing what people think are guns, can remember one of my old lecturers telling us that a friend brought a very large vice from the local market and it was about 3 ft in length so he was carrying it a bit like a gun as it was heavy and next thing you know the local firearms team are looking at him rather sternly and asking for the gun to be put down....30 seconds later and its fine along with a free lift to his car to ensure no one else thought it was a gun.

Around here we've even had the firearms unit out to a house where two brooms were leaning together and someone walking past thought they saw a shotty
so i'd imagine when people are panicking anything remotely looking like a guns such as a shoe or a dodgy shadow will in their mind become a weapon.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The San Bernadino shooting had eyewitnesses in the hallways reporting 3 large combat clothed males, white, (i suppose from exposed wrists and necks). Then 2 recent muslim immigrants were kllled in the street and fingered...One worked in the attacked office.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Interesting theory....but why 3 shooters? Why not 2 shooters? Or 4-5 shooters? Why is it always 3? What about the number 3 makes it more believable or frightening than other numbers?

Who knows...maybe this is simply psychology....I'm not saying it isn't. Just trying to understand the pattern.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join