It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Ghraib2: The British Sequel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
It seems the British army has had their own little Abu Ghraib scandal, damaging their "gentlemen" image.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Currently it looks as if this is an isolated incident caused by a small group of individuals and not sanctioned by top-officials , but it will be ill received in Arab media.

It does show , that its human nature, no matter what nationallity , in every army there are some individuals who use the oppertunity of war to make their own rules.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Countermeasures]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
There was no abuse or torture at Abu Graib by anyone. No not even the British. The "media" everywhere needs to stop this propaganda effort for assisting the terrorist. This is a one-sided effort by the liberal media agenda to defeat the war on terror. They emphasize the negative and glorify the "freedom fighters".

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I find it amazing really. another isolated group, on their own doing pretty much the same thing that our troops were doing....and stupid enough to take the pictures so the investigators don't have to work too hard to prove their case.

Hey, I read something a long time ago about this. Some scientists believe that their is kind of a group consciousness within a species. A scientist in one part of the world watched some animal, forgot what it was, do something new and unusual that kind of showed an increase in intelligence. At about the same time, in another part of the world...a member of the same species was observed doing the same thing. they believed that evolutionary advancements like this kind of entered into this group consciousness and then was picked up by many who were able to tune into it.....maybe this is the same thing, only we are evolving down.....

or maybe they were just following orders also.

TPL

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
There was no abuse or torture at Abu Graib by anyone. No not even the British. The "media" everywhere needs to stop this propaganda effort for assisting the terrorist. This is a one-sided effort by the liberal media agenda to defeat the war on terror. They emphasize the negative and glorify the "freedom fighters".

While agree the negative features of the Iraq occupation/liberation are given more air time then the positives, how can you say that there was no prisoner abuse at Abu Graib?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I don't' see how you can explain all the photos of the incident without acknowledging that something took place. I don't know if it was torture, but it was definitely abuse. What we don't and probably never will know, is was what level did the order for abuse come from. The point is almost moot now. George Bush was re-elected, and the occupation of Iraq continues as planned. I agree that the media really should find better things to talk about. Still sensationalism sells papers.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TPL

While agree the negative features of the Iraq occupation/liberation are given more air time then the positives, how can you say that there was no prisoner abuse at Abu Graib?

Based on what I have read there is nothing that happened at Abu Graib that doesn't happen in every prison. In fact many of the so called "abuses" and "tortures" are found in Las Vegas sex clubs.......

It is not uncommon to "strip" incoming prisoners as part of the initial search and disinfecting procedures. These were far from "innocent" prisoners caught for some street crime, they were terrorist with guns trying to kill people.

TPL

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
But do American prisons force inmates to do homosexual positions?

These 'sex clubs' i assume that the participants aren't forced into it.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Observations...

This may be a prequel and not a sequel, but the two sets of practices by the US and the UK would appear to be unrelated. No British government will attempt to circumvent the Geneva conventions through a criminal agenda or memos or presidential executive orders.

"Dr Horacid" continues to wallow in denial, as the perpetrators of atrocity at Abu Ghraib are brought to justice and imprisoned. One wonders whether reality will ever sink in.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   
and to the brits where more trusted then the americans by the IRAQi's
this is a big blow and shocking

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm not going to argue with a 5 year old. I guess once your heads stuck in the ground, it is difficult to pull it out, no.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Based on what I have read there is nothing that happened at Abu Graib that doesn't happen in every prison. In fact many of the so called "abuses" and "tortures" are found in Las Vegas sex clubs.......

The prisoners are not prostitutes, and thus should not be treated as such. They did not chose to be prisoners. The bottom line is that they were invaded by the USA and coalition forces. Also keep in mind they have restricted access to media, because of the dictatorship. I personally don't even think they know what's going on.

[edit on 19-1-2005 by websurfer]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Look again, if you still think that then I am afraid you might be sick.
(Graphic content)
Happens in sex clubs?

These were far from "innocent" prisoners caught for some street crime, they were terrorist with guns trying to kill people.

I disagree, I have read dozens of accounts from women that say their sons or husbands were taken from their beds in the middle of night and brought to places like Abu Graib simply because 'An attack on US force's happened nearby'.

I guess it's a bad time to be male aged between 18-50 in Iraq for random meaningless house searches are becoming common place.
A desperate act by a tiring US military trying catch an uncatchable enemy with brute force.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
One thing i want to ask about these photo's , the first one has NO soldiers in it and is only a large group of people walking in a burn. The others seem to require some rather pointless and no man would do it aka why would you stick a guy on a fork lift? No more likely they would hang him by his binds and hurt him, seems like the senseable and smart thing to do yes no?

(Note this is all pretty sick thinking but sometimes it needs to be done)

The second one is rather weird since the guy is carrying a box and the soldier is carrying a non british rifle and by the barrel as well. Something no soldier would do.
That man could be anyone on the street.
Also the third one the man is in woodland DPM....why would he have woodland DPM in iraq? Sure there are some woods and such but you still need desert.

Also many of the pictures are of men out of uniform???
And what is there wrong about the last one??? A guy smileing at the camera as some prisnors board a truck??????
Oh the humanity!
Some of the pictures i admit cant be simulated easily and could very possibley be real but there are many things wrong with the photos.
They are random and follow no order.

Also its not "liberal" dominated!
Why do you think the liberal or left side is against the military?

[edit on 19-1-2005 by devilwasp]

[edit on 19-1-2005 by devilwasp]

new topics

top topics

join