It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook and Twitter Censoring in Favor of Hillary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: reldra
There is also no evidence they are not censoring various groups and users.

Wrong. Facebook had a meeting a month or so ago with "conservatives" over their biased trending topics. There is no evidence the same thing isn't happening with censorship.

Much like the IRS scandal the left ignores blatant silencing of opposition opinions. Don't celebrate too much, as this becomes normal and accepted they'll be coming for you too shortly.

I did see the article saying FB messes with their 'trending' topics. They can do that. And again, in the OP, the wikileaks link censoring was noted. ATS doesn't let people link to wikileaks. But when FB doesn't, it becomes censorship somehow.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Facebook is a private company.

They can and do censor to support the ideology they favor.

People are wrong if they think that media, social media is unbiased.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I don't think people are arguing that they can't do as they please (I guess some are) but that it's pretty blatant FB and Twitter are in the bag for the bag known as Hillary.

You don't have a problem with that? I know you're a smart cookie. Throw all the partisan crap out the window.

What if this was happening with Republicans? Sure you don't have a right to free speech on a certain site, but it's pretty creepy seeing the largest social media platforms colluding with the DNC.
edit on 2420160720161 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

That's why there wasn't a public outcry when the IRS targeted conservative groups.

The media didn't cover it, social sites manipulate trending data, so it doesn't get the same attention.

Bias.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   

No one disputes that they're "allowed" to do it. The problem is that they are doing it and it's heavily biased.

Of course, this is the same left which won't "allow" a Christian to choose to not bake a cake for a gay wedding.

But if you can't make the connection of Twitter/Facebook and Silicon Valley to the left/Hillary and the paper trail within, you're either choosing not to see it or simply ignorant to reality.

edit on 24-7-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

No one disputes that they're "allowed" to do it. The problem is that they are doing it and it's heavily biased.

Of course, this is the same left which won't "allow" a Christian to choose to not bake a cake for a gay wedding.

But if you can't make the connection of Twitter/Facebook and Silicon Valley to the left/Hillary and the paper trail within, you're either choosing not to see it or simply ignorant to reality.

Why did this have to rear its ugly head? Christians should take a cue from Jesus and stop casting the first stone. If you start a business that makes cakes, then make cakes. Your religious crap shouldn't play a part. Stupid crap.... how many Christians follow all the rules? But the second they're asked to ignore the rules to obey the law they get all rightous.

It's against the rules to spill the seed.... I guess that means that "real" Christians are not having sex except to procreate, right?

ETA: this pisses me off so much I'll go further to say that I hope every single self-righteous business owner fails. Religion is a substitute for actual thought. If your invisible sky person doesn't want you to bake a cake for gay people then he can go pound sand.
edit on 7/24/16 by Ksihkehe because: F-them.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
This is the conservative's way of stab-in-the-back legend:

If (and when, please pretty please) Trump loses, they can put the blame on the MSM instead of having a candidate who is not-votable for a majority of the people.

No, I am not in favor of not-really-convincingly-humanoidrobot-Clinton.

Don't vote for any of those both! Vote 3rd party!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Facebook and Twitter Censoring in Favor of Hillary ...... that's evidence TPTB want her for president. If they wanted Trump or Sanders she would be out of the race by now due to the 'serious allegations' she has hanging over her.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Oh and you wouldn't have a problem if two of the biggest websites on the planet constantly censored progressive thought?

It doesn't matter if they can legally do it, that's a huge cop out. What matters is it's blatant censuring! So are you against censuring or are you for it? You've already made it clear which side you're on but let's be honest about what's happening here.

These two websites are tools that are being used by the establishment to censure dissidence. And you're a shill for being fine with that.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Sorry, but in 2016 if you need to watch a movie to know Hillary Clinton is corrupt, then you have no business at a voting booth because you're a low-information voter.

That's how I see it.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It turns out there is a fascist candidate after all.

It's just not Trump. Hillary must have Goebbels picture in her bedroom.

You don't want authoritarian president? Don't elect Hillary.

Freedom of speech my a$$

edit on 750k2016Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod

Oh and you wouldn't have a problem if two of the biggest websites on the planet constantly censored progressive thought?

It doesn't matter if they can legally do it, that's a huge cop out. What matters is it's blatant censuring! So are you against censuring or are you for it? You've already made it clear which side you're on but let's be honest about what's happening here.

These two websites are tools that are being used by the establishment to censure dissidence. And you're a shill for being fine with that.

I would have a problem with it either way.

For those that have not studied the predictions made by Orwell ("1984) and Huxley ("Brave New World"), you really should. Orwell and Huxley were reported to have met during a conference , for which i have no current reference in hand, and observed the others presentation on their seminal work. Huxley supposedly said to Orwell that "1984" will certainly happen and that eventually "Brave New World" would be the ultimate end. For people will only put up with a boot to their throat for a limited time until a reaction occurs to throw it off their throats for good. But a society of people freely choosing to be slaves, where "soma" is a drug given daily to make you happy. Sex with anybody would be the lunchtime and bedtime treat. This peaceful, happy, drugged out lifestyle would be the preferred method of existence.

I admit, Huxley's concept sounds far better than the hate required for tortuous murdering and raping being taught as a "right" if nothing else. My theme has always been about love they neighbor.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

To keep from getting blocked again, please make sure you’re read and understand Facebook’s Community Standards.”

The unwritten rule book is shorter.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Two examples offered of relatively trivial events that some on the Right don't like ...

"We're DOOOOOMED!"

"The apocalypse is upon us!"

*Wail*

*Gnash teeth*

You know, you guys are going to have to decide ... either America is 100% behind Trump and the Right Wing Agenda or it isn't.

Someone was complaining yesterday here about all the trending topics on Youtube that were critical of Trump's speech and the rest of the horror-show that was the RNC ... tropics trend because they're POPULAR, it works the same on Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Some of you can't accept that the world is not the one shown to you via the Fox/Breitbart/Infowars reality tunnel.

Kinda sad, really.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I find it frightening that the average person of today would rather protect the collective of society than personal liberty. I don't see much point in living as part of a collective.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I find it frightening that the average person of today would rather protect the collective of society than personal liberty. I don't see much point in living as part of a collective.

Unless you're stealing wifi.

(Kidding-ish brother).

On a serious note, I'm with ya.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Read my signature.

Only move to stop the borg invasion from continuing.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
With so many media outlets working to get Hillary elected, if Donald Trump wins by just 1%, it will be an against-the-odds landslide victory and mandate.

If he had the media on his side it wouldn't even be close.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
It turns out there is a fascist candidate after all.

It's just not Trump. Hillary must have Goebbels picture in her bedroom.

You don't want authoritarian president? Don't elect Hillary.

Freedom of speech my a$$

I wonder why she wanted Kaine's family's passwords to their social media accounts?

Just heard about it.

Maybe I can dig up a source.

ok, here's one.

Sorry if this has been posted.

BIG MOTHER: Hillary Clinton Demanded Passwords to Every Social Media Account of Veep Candidates’ Family Members

Presumptive Democratic Party presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, who used a secret unsecured private email server to conduct government business during her entire tenure as secretary of State–and deleted of those 30,000 emails before government investigators could review them, demanded the passwords to every social media account of every family member of her potential vice presidential candidates, according to a report in Politico published Saturday evening.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

Here is another.

investmentwatchblog.com... rruption-has-reached-a-level-like-never-ever-before-in-our-country/

edit on 7 24 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I am confused.

So not agreeing to bake a cake for a customer with certain themes on it is the end of the world.

while censoring a customers product(freedom to tweet) is no big deal.

Someone give me a good defense.
Also considering bakeries have lots of competition while twitter and fb are quite monopolistic in their roles. I would say the twitter case is much worse than the bakery.

I really need to see the defense so I can wrap my head behind the kind of logic. I don't see a consistent position, one cannot play both sides here.

I hear twitter is actively banning certain hashtags related to wikileaks leaks. Reddit changed its algos to prevent trump on r/all. on r/politics I hear wikileaks leaks post are also being censored.

I feel like I live in an upside down. The narrative and reality are quickly becoming complete opposites.
edit on 24-7-2016 by jellyrev because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join