It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook and Twitter Censoring in Favor of Hillary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I thought that these kinda folks were the ones the Democrats always rail about when trying to support the 1% ?

Hypocrisy comes to mind?

Still shaking my head on this election season.... and we still have a few more months left...

good times?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Yeah no kidding.

That's exactly what I'm saying about the inversion of reality.

Say one thing do another. You can get bet that's happening.

Don't think every Dem is that bad but many of them are, Republicans as well but the Republicans are adapting to the population much faster while the Dems ignore them and the Bernie supporters.

Th Republicans will win if the Clinton campaign can't adapt and get the people behind her. They can fudge the numbers a little but when it's an overwhelming majority we can win.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

I have no doubt that Facebook and Twitter are doing whatever they can to tilt the odds in Hillary's favor.

That being said, as long as no laws are being broken (which they probably aren't because I'm confident the terms and conditions that people agree to without reading stipulate that FB/Twitter can censor pretty much anything for any reason), they are a private company so they can basically do whatever they want to do, as far as I'm concerned.

Now, with that in mind, the only (small) risk that FB/Twitter face is the following....

Believe it or not, there are a LOT of conservative/Republican/right-leaning people that use FB/Twitter. Should the censoring get to the point that millions of people give up on these services altogether, thus diminishing the overall usage, thus decreasing the amount of advertising revenue, thus decreasing profit and harming the stock prices... THEN they will have some answering to provide to the investors. Until that day happens (which it probably won't), the only thing I can suggest to those who feel strongly about this is to delete their FB/Twitter accounts and hope that others follow suit.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: Domo1

I don't know if we need suits. Lard laden liberal lads probably can't throw a punch. Suits would be fun though, and I like the banner idea!

We can just yell out facts and they will instantly withdraw to a safe space where they plug their ears and sing positive mantra's to themselves from the traumitization.

Man with a plan. No violence necessary to defend ourselves!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Brains before brawn trust me I would understand that one!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I think what's happening is the corporate sponsors are putting downward pressure on advertising firms who run the internet advertisers.

The only corporations at play are Facebook and Twitter.

Zuckerberg has backed the left a very long time.

Where does Facebook and Twitters value come from??

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

What is utter hypocrisy on the part of Twitter they are
supposedly accountable to the SEC, but they allow "fake"
accounts to be used for a multitude of purposes that
are illegal, and hateful, yet are censoring the average
joe and jane for daring to be vocal about conservative thought!

The EFF has launched a site to collect information on this...

Censored on Facebook or Twiter?
Here is where to report it!

onlinecensorship.org...

A good read up on this very thing -
fortune.com...

edit on 23-7-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I think what's happening is the corporate sponsors are putting downward pressure on advertising firms who run the internet advertisers.

Agent Zuckerberg has superiors too...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Where does Facebook and Twitters value come from??

From cyberspace with the creation of several billion shares that's VALUE depends on any given trading day.

Due to supply versus demand market forces.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They make most of their money from advertisers.

Due to supply versus demand market forces.

Hilarious.

Lot's of supply and demand artificially working it's way into the market.

edit on 7/23/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Private companies. They can do whatever they want. As for PBS no. They should not be allowed to report on politics but they in fact do and it's heavy left. Romney was correct, cut their funding. I would fine them every time they take a political stance on anything. They take public money and also money from donors which should be illegal. One or the other, can't have it both ways. Either a government station or a private one funded with left dollars. I hope Trump is elected and fixes them for good. Sick of my tax dollars going to left propaganda machines without my consent.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   

At over 2 billion shares at the current rate of $121.00 per share

That's WHAT ?

Crap load of money.

I know they make money off of advertisers, but the REAL VALUE is shares*current stock value.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

When you have the influence the DNC has over most of the MSM, and now two of the largest social media outlets, twitter & FB, on the web... It's almost a done deal...

One way or another, the outsider Trump, will feel the largest onslaught the establishment can unleash... the GOP primaries weren't small scale and he still dispatched all who were challenging him...

Now it's one on one... one vs the establishment...

It's going to be a full blown, no holds barred daily assault to keep the establishment in power... that includes establishment folks from the right... they know that their comfortable existence on the backs of the US citizens is at risk...

Wouldn't it be nice to see the roaches scurry, wouldn't it be nice to see the roaches exposed, wouldn't it be nice if the American voter finally clean out the roaches in our Legislative and Executive branches of OUR Gov't?

We have too long allowed the folks who control 66.6% of our beautifully balanced power between 3 branches, to TELL us who to vote for... and demand party loyalty (which has ZERO to do with our cherished Constitution)

It really is up to the voters, and a desire to let the folks in DC know, who really holds the power...

It certainly isn't the sham of gov't we have been putting in place the past couple of decades...

This mess is in some ways the result of our own apathy to pay attention to those who are representing us...

It's not over yet, we still have a chance to turn the tide... so I will be "glass half full" during this wild and crazy season of politics...

I may have to wear a mouthpiece, to prevent too much damage when biting my lip

As always, YMMV.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

.@Facebook is blocking #DNCLeak email links. Monday is the Democratic National Convention

twitter.com...

edit on 7/23/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

It's not over yet, we still have a chance to turn the tide... so I will be "glass half full" during this wild and crazy season of politics... I may have to wear a mouthpiece, to prevent too much damage when biting my

I totally agree with your analysis. I have this odd feeling that Trump wasn't allowed into the club or the right fraternity in school and he may have always had this resentment towards the establishment and that's possibly where most of this passion comes from.

I am just biting my time before they make an attempt on his life.

They have the perfect establishment crony Mike Pence behind him and I'm sure the puppet masters would be more comfortable with him.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The REAL VALUE is in the data they can collect.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

This website blocks links to wikileaks. FB and Twitter can do what they want. I thought that was covered in the thread about Milo.

There is also no evidence they are not censoring various groups and users.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The REAL VALUE is in the data they can collect.

Ok if you say so.

Facebook worth $1 trillion? Not so crazy

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Oh they are a cash cow for collecting personal data and building profiles for people.

What do you think they can do with that info and individual profiles on nearly everyone?

Simulations?

Cultural studies/ manipulation?

Very very lucrative for people who wants to create new marketing chemes (cultures) and filling everyone's head full of crap.

Bet corporations pay top dollar for that kind of info.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
There is also no evidence they are not censoring various groups and users.

Wrong. Facebook had a meeting a month or so ago with "conservatives" over their biased trending topics. There is no evidence the same thing isn't happening with censorship.

Much like the IRS scandal the left ignores blatant silencing of opposition opinions. Don't celebrate too much, as this becomes normal and accepted they'll be coming for you too shortly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join