It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sp2 uninstalled - How to get new Movie maker, please help.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I just had to restore my Win XP to the pre SP2 state as my laptop just got extremely slow specifically when using some dedicated software. The software supplier recommended me to get rid of SP2 (which I did) and whalla, software is "fast" again. Now my problem - I really would like to get the latest Windows Movie Maker that comes with the SP2 upgrade pack (I have got the SP2 upgrade CD). Is there a way to install the new Windows Movie Maker from the SP2 disk, without installing the rest? Help will be appreciated!

[edit on 19-1-2005 by jgbjgb]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   
look on windows update sorry i carnt help you more i dont run windows

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You can download the most recent version from Microsoft.

www.microsoft.com...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Thanx KZ, but

Unfortunately MS wants you to download SP2 and install it to get the new Movie Maker 2.1 (my understanding if you go further into the MS update website) - as far as I can gather they do not allow you to load the new Movie Maker 2.1 update files by its own - the reason for me asking if there is a way around this. (or am I misunderstanding them?)

[edit on 21-1-2005 by jgbjgb]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:21 AM
link   
i personly dont like sp2 it slows the computer down, have you guys had the same happend to you?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hi SG

That's what happened with my laptop and that's why I got rid of it. I would like to have Windows Movie Maker 2.1 though, it is a great improvement to the previous version and a nice free toy for an amateur like me who sometimes make his own "movies" - the reason for starting this thread!

By the way, on my screen I cannot see your avatar?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jgbjgb
By the way, on my screen I cannot see your avatar?

that is my avatar the broken image
look cool dont you think

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
How does one go uninstallling sp2.... Ever since I got that my computer has been really messed up...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
How does one go uninstallling sp2.... Ever since I got that my computer has been really messed up...

Hi Cpr12r

I did a system restore - Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools> System Restore. Restore to a "restore point" prior to doing the SP2 update.

top topics

join