It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat vs Republican National Platform

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Voters of all parties need to look closely at both major (D) and (R) platforms.

Voters need to study each one and decide which issues and "promises" are practical and which are impossible.

I see many (D) issues that are re-hashed past failures, and some that are not possible, and many that are just vote attractions.

Looks like the (R) platform might have a few that are actually doable.

One example is the (D) agenda to raise wages and create more jobs.

But the (D) platform doesn't seem to have an answer for getting lost jobs back due to poor trade agreements (and future agreements).

here's both links .....

(D)

(R)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
just promises

look at each tickets track record and voting record and filter out all the noise and promises

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
After the promises dust settles I KNOW what the Dem's will do. I have NO clue what the Rep's will do. It's not just the prez. Also Rep's in the House and they are split I haven't a clue where they are heading.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This is required reading for all those dumb enough to take their sides.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Republicans are seriously in "stuck-in-the-past" mode.

Just reminds me of Quick Sand. If you don't move forward, progress, new ideas, etc - - - you sink.

You can't recapture what "once was".

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

For those that of us that actually watched the convention.

For those that actually LISTENED to the speakers at the convention.

The Republican party rebranded itself.

New leaders.

New IDEAS.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

New leaders.

New IDEAS.

Like I said.... after the "promises dust" settles let's see what's there. A party doesn't change in a week. It takes years.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The promises are IRRELEVANT Intrepid.

I watched a gay guy get a standing ovation from the crowd.

That can't be scripted.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

The promises are IRRELEVANT Intrepid..

Then why bother with the conventions then? Hell, the whole process.

But I agree. They are irrelevant. They are ploys to get elected. 90% of what Trump has put forth is either illegal, unconstitutional or unethical. Yet here he is. THUS my point. You KNOW what the Dem's will do. The Rep's? Not a clue.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

90% of what Trump has put forth is either illegal, unconstitutional or unethical

No it wasn't.

Enforcement of existing laws is completely constitutional, and ETHICAL.

Also

The Take Care Clause (also known as the Faithful Execution Clause) is best read as a duty that qualifies the President's executive power. By virtue of his executive power, the President may execute the lawful and control the lawful execution of others. Under the Take Care Clause, however, the President must exercise his law-execution power to "take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed."

Take care clause

Everything Trump said falls under his OATH of office.

edit on 23-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not conceding that at all but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Take the whole of his words and see if that applies. Constitutionally.

And there's no guarantee that that it will be the Rep's that choose that important 9th SCOTUS seat. THAT is the real prize in this election. Don't think that the Dem's don't know that. They won't be stying home this time.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Just reminds me of Quick Sand. If you don't move forward, progress, new ideas, etc - - - you sink.

You can't recapture what "once was".

Actually, moving too fast in quicksand it what sinks you. Being still then floating work better, then you make careful small adjustments to paddle out.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I, for one, would love to know how the republican party is going to win the office without the minority, women or gay vote?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
I, for one, would love to know how the republican party is going to win the office without the minority, women or gay vote?

Kentucky, Alabama, Tennessee, Texas, etc.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   

New leaders.

New IDEAS.

NO, I don't think they did.

If they were serious, they'd stop trying to control women's bodies and peoples bedrooms.

And realize this is a secular government.

The GOP has become exactly what Goldwater warned against.

“On religious issues there can be little or no compromise. There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. But like any powerful weapon, the use of God’s name on one’s behalf should be used sparingly. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent. If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both.

I’m frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in “A,” “B,” “C” and “D.” Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?

And I am even more angry as a legislator who must endure the threats of every religious group who thinks it has some God-granted right to control my vote on every roll call in the Senate. I am warning them today: I will fight them every step of the way if they try to dictate their moral convictions to all Americans in the name of “conservatism.”

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they’re sure trying to do so, it’s going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can’t and won’t compromise. I know, I’ve tried to deal with them.”

“Religious factions will go on imposing their will on others unless the decent people connected to them recognize that religion has no place in public policy. They must learn to make their views known without trying to make their views the only alternatives.”

“Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar.”

“It’s time America realized that there is no gay exemption in the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in the Declaration of Independence.”

“You don’t need to be straight to fight and die for your country. You just need to shoot straight.”

~Barry Goldwater

www.addictinginfo.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

If they were serious, they'd stop trying to control women's bodies and peoples bedrooms.

Oh jeez. Here we go. Another topic that is going to get lost in this morass of PERSONAL political BS. You guys know there are others here that would like to talk and not be shouted down by the same people spitting at each other... WITH THE SAME OLD ARGUMENTS!!!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yeah they did.

Silicon Valley's Peter Thiel receives standing ovation at GOP convention

Either someone is willfully lying or suffering from the mandela effect.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Oh jeez. Here we go. Another topic that is going to get lost in this morass of PERSONAL political BS. You guys know there are others here that would like to talk and not be shouted down by the same people spitting at each other... WITH THE SAME OLD ARGUMENTS!!!

Sorry.

My point is - - - they should be focusing on stuff that's actually important and vital to a country and its people.

They are the NONSENSE BS - - - wasting time and money on personal matters that should not even be a part of government.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Yeah they did.

Silicon Valley's Peter Thiel receives standing ovation at GOP convention

Either someone is willfully lying or suffering from the mandela effect.

Token gay?

Seriously?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join