It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats controlling news media

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Politico Admits ‘Mistake’ In Sending DNC An Article In Advance

Politico acknowledged Sunday that it was a “mistake” for one of its top reporters to send the Democratic National Committee an advance copy of an article while emphasizing there were no substantive changes made to the piece prior to publication.
Journalists are expected to ask questions of those they write about prior to publication, but sharing entire stories in advance is generally discouraged in newsrooms.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

No he got into a pissing match with a reporter there...it has been going on for some time...

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

It the least it verifies COLLUSION,which is an equal sin.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I really do believe that Hillary Clinton could kill and eat a human infant on live TV, and there would be people out there rationalizing it, telling everyone that Hillary did it to save us all from Donald Trump

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I thought she did that to get into office...NO ,you're right,she's,not BUSH level evil.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: butcherguy

I thought she did that to get into office...NO ,you're right,she's,not BUSH level evil.

Who are you kidding? They do it every year, minimum. They serve baby back ribs at banquets of Bohemian Grove right after they sacrifice a child to Moloch/Minerva in the fire

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MayanBoricua

YEAH but THAT is symbolic..Oligarchs are Lucifarians.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Winstonian

So essentially anyone who agrees with your perspective is a free thinker and anyone who has a different opinion is a social robot.

That's a great position ... A bit megalomaniacal perhaps ... Airtight logic though as you have skewed your claims.

Isn't that ironic since it is what you do, among some others all the time?... If people disagree with your views "you must be racist, a bigot, etc, etc"... That's the type of line you, and a few other members seem to resort to every time. You don't seem to ever understand that difference in opinions does not make anyone a bigot, or a racist...

How does the saying goes? Here is"the pot calling the kettle black"?

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Wow, just wow... After realizing the screw up they are trying to cover their tracks. Who knew? :/

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Called that one didn't I? Won't be making that mistake again.

This is what happens when you give people the benefit of the doubt.

Check this out if you would like to learn more about my position:

Tools for your intellectual advancement

I hope that helps you.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
We all have suspected that government and politicians seem to have a profound influence over news media. Some media sources seem to be more influenced than others. Some show bias and some seem to be another voice for the political agenda of their choosing.

The recent leak of the DNC emails finally prove that DNC has been doing this.

A May 15, 2016 email, shows the DNC was in close contact with news websites on articles related to the Democratic Party, Sanders and Clinton.

A Real Clear Politics article claimed that Sanders supporters are causing a lack of unity at the Democratic National Convention. Wasserman Schultz took issue with the headline and told another Democratic official the “headline needs to be changed.”

What followed was a back and forth between DNC officials to pressure Real Clear Politics to change their story.

The last email on the thread between DNC officials reads, “Done. Article has been updated.”

The Real Clear Politics story headline was corrected to reflect that the incident in question involved the Nevada state convention and not the national one.

So, this is one situation where we have confirmation that the DNC caused a news article to be changed to meet their agenda.

Most of us have known for a long time that we should be cautious of the information we accept as truth from the MSM.

Note - I'm sure that some will come in this thread and say that since my quote above comes from a news media source, that based on what I said, this quote can also not be trusted. The proof comes from the emails themselves, sourced on the wikileaks site, but I'm afraid I am not comfortable going there for the evidence. - So far, I have not seen FoxNews mentioned as being influenced by the DNC.

It will be interesting to see what other information comes out of these leaked emails.

Broadcasters so far implicanted in #DNCLeaks: MSNBC, CBS Broadcasters so far not covering #DNCLeaks: MSNBC, CBS

#DNCLeaks: Democrat Chair DWS called Pres of MSNBC Phil Griffin to stop @Morning_Joe being so sympathetic to Sanders

Wasserman Schultz furiously pressured MSNBC after it criticized her “unfair” treatment of Sanders

One email from her to the MSNBC president said "This is the LAST straw".

twitter.com...
one source

Um, the media and so on has ALWAYS been biased and influenced by politicians and government. Wasn't the way it portrayed certain acts of evil as good and vice versa or singling out a group of specific people and demonizing them a clue?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

Called that one didn't I? Won't be making that mistake again.

This is what happens when you give people the benefit of the doubt.

Check this out if you would like to learn more about my position:

Tools for your intellectual advancement

I hope that helps you.

Of course you "called it" ... that's the method of your reasoning ... "Anyone who disagrees with me is socially engineered."

It's the forensic equivalent of a child poking their fingers into their ears and stomping their foot.

Your resort to ad hom is telling; you don't have a logical response, and so you claim that you were right (easily done with an unfalsifiable claim) and become insulting.

Here's the real deal which should be plainly obvious to anyone paying attention ... neither "the Democrats" nor "the Republicans" control the media. Those are two sock puppets on the hand of the entity that DOES control the media.

I gave you a chance to be real, to go outside your narrative that you're promoting here and admit that fact. Instead, all you did was continue to read your assigned script. I predicted that as well.

There is, indeed, social engineering at work in our world, and posts like yours as much a part of it as anything else.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: PsionicOmniverse

Ummm, the first thing in the post you quoted says "We all have suspected that government and politicians seem to have a profound influence over news media."

The point of this current situation is - there is solid proof that the DNC is doing this.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Proof that a DNC employee got a misleading article title corrected?

Wow, that is damning.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

You might want to catch up a bit.
There are multiple media sources referenced in the emails, which were influenced and even sending their articles to the DNC for review before publishing, which is a violation of journalistic integrity.

Notice above that Politico has admitted the mistake, and said it should not have happened.

There was also a case where the DNC asked a media source to turn off comments on an article, because they were unfavorable to Hillary.

All of which show that the DNC is influencing the information that the public is hearing.
edit on 7/25/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

You might want to catch up a bit.
There are multiple media sources referenced in the emails, which were influenced and even sending their articles to the DNC for review before publishing, which is a violation of journalistic integrity.

Notice above that Politico has admitted the mistake, and said it should not have happened.

I did read the thread, thanks for the snarky, off-topic comment.

Just because you think that having a DNC official review an article for fact checking is "a violation of journalistic integrity" doesn't mean that anyone else does. This is much ado about nothing.

We know the Republicans do exactly the same thing and worse, because those calls usually goes to the CEOs office.

Even within the rules of the political game, this is nothing.

EDIT: Ah, typical stealth editing.

You are surprised that the DNC tries to affect what the public sees and hears? LOL

Do you think that the RNC doesn't do the same thing?

We all know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the folks who control the media are constantly manipulating our opinions and perceptions.

Or at least, I thought we all did.
edit on 25-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I question the journalistic integrity of a television news show that takes a call from the DNC and cuts an interview mid segment because the DNC doesn't like what is being said.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I question any idea of "journalistic integrity" that doesn't accept the reality that we all know is true.

The media is, at best, a money-making enterprise and at worst (wurst?) a very obvious manipulator of public opinions.

I find this righteous indignation on the part of right-wingers very amusing.
edit on 25-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I question any idea of "journalistic integrity" that doesn't accept the reality that we all know is true.

The media is, at best, a money-making enterprise and at worst (wurst?) a very obvious manipulator of public opinions.

You would be the person that I could expect to be amused at all of this.
So much for the Fourth Branch.... they are just an tool of a political party.

How can one expect a voter to be anything but low information?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You would be the person that I could expect to be amused at all of this.
So much for the Fourth Branch.... they are just an tool of a political party.

How can one expect a voter to be anything but low information?

"Low information voter" is a pejorative that both "sides" toss out when convenient.

The "fourth branch" has always been a propaganda tool. The idea that any media group has ever had altruistic intentions in regard to the matter is ... naive at best.

Ever seen Citizen Kane? How about Network?

This isn't exactly new stuff ... remember, They not only feed us crap, they have to let us know we're eating crap.

/shrug

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join