It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats controlling news media

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
We all have suspected that government and politicians seem to have a profound influence over news media. Some media sources seem to be more influenced than others. Some show bias and some seem to be another voice for the political agenda of their choosing.

The recent leak of the DNC emails finally prove that DNC has been doing this.

A May 15, 2016 email, shows the DNC was in close contact with news websites on articles related to the Democratic Party, Sanders and Clinton.

A Real Clear Politics article claimed that Sanders supporters are causing a lack of unity at the Democratic National Convention. Wasserman Schultz took issue with the headline and told another Democratic official the “headline needs to be changed.”

What followed was a back and forth between DNC officials to pressure Real Clear Politics to change their story.

The last email on the thread between DNC officials reads, “Done. Article has been updated.”

The Real Clear Politics story headline was corrected to reflect that the incident in question involved the Nevada state convention and not the national one.

So, this is one situation where we have confirmation that the DNC caused a news article to be changed to meet their agenda.

Most of us have known for a long time that we should be cautious of the information we accept as truth from the MSM.

Note - I'm sure that some will come in this thread and say that since my quote above comes from a news media source, that based on what I said, this quote can also not be trusted. The proof comes from the emails themselves, sourced on the wikileaks site, but I'm afraid I am not comfortable going there for the evidence. - So far, I have not seen FoxNews mentioned as being influenced by the DNC.

It will be interesting to see what other information comes out of these leaked emails.

Broadcasters so far implicanted in #DNCLeaks: MSNBC, CBS Broadcasters so far not covering #DNCLeaks: MSNBC, CBS

#DNCLeaks: Democrat Chair DWS called Pres of MSNBC Phil Griffin to stop @Morning_Joe being so sympathetic to Sanders

Wasserman Schultz furiously pressured MSNBC after it criticized her “unfair” treatment of Sanders

One email from her to the MSNBC president said "This is the LAST straw".

twitter.com...
one source

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It's a big influence too.

They have all the big networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, and many cable TV channels) in the sphere.

And all those networks are excessively popular and even the TV shows (and commercials) in primetime are part of the agenda.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Considering this and scope of the bias It's telling Trump is almost even with Hillary.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

I suspect the reason for this is because Trump also knows what we all know, and he has been calling the media out for it, and that is one of the things that people like about him.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

They have all the big networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, and many cable TV channels) in the sphere.

And all those networks are excessively popular and even the TV shows (and commercials) in primetime are part of the agenda.

The agenda is to make a lot of money for the investors that have stock in the corporations that own the stations.

It's called free enterprise and capitalism. You gota problem with that?

TV news is targeted to demographics that is determined by which advertisers contract the stations to shill their products or services. More Capitalism.

I'm proud to be a member of 2 unions working in the communication industry. TV, Films, www.

www.sagaftra.org...
iatse.net...

I if you are unhappy about the content or distribution, start your own damn production company instead of whining on a website. Start with this....

www.celtx.com...

Join us, the technology is available to everyone.
edit on 23-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This people is why the borg queen must fail in November.

When the media is actively shilling on their behalf ?

That's not ANYONE you want sitting in the oval.

Resistance must be EPIC!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
they both do it. faux news is an extension of the GOP

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Leaked emails reveal Politico reporter made 'agreement' to send advanced Clinton story to DNC

An influential reporter at Politico made an apparent "agreement" with the Democratic National Committee to let it review a story about Hillary Clinton's fundraising machine before it was submitted to his editors, leaked emails published by WikiLeaks on Friday revealed.

Reporter Kenneth Vogel sent an advanced copy of his story to DNC national press secretary Mark Paustenbach in late April.

The email's subject line read: "per agreement ... any thoughts appreciated."

"Vogel gave me his story ahead of time/before it goes to his editors as long as I didn't share it," Paustenbach wrote in an email to Luis Miranda, the DNC's communications director.

"Let me know if you see anything that's missing and I'll push back," he added.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

They don't own all those networks.

ABC is owned by Disney. CBS is owned by CBS. NBC is owned by Comcast. MSNBC is owned by Comcast.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL

All that because you mis-interpreted my post.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

It's been obvious for a long time. I've been chronicling their bias for years here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

LOL

You also mis-interpreted my post.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

LOL

You also mis-interpreted my post.

There is nothing to interpret. You're just factually incorrect. MSNBC doesn't own all those networks. Not even close.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

Shhhh, you are not suppose to say such things here anymore. You are now suppose to blindly support Trump and forget that when Bush was president his staff would e-mail daily talking points to GOP/Republican/Conservative media outlets.

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Well done!
Keep up the good work!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I think we all suspected that the media was controlled, but it is quite another thing to discover your conspiracy theory is actually true. At least when you didn't know for certain it was comforting to know that you could have been wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: syrinx high priest

Well they aren't doing a very good job of being an extension of the GOP as they don't even attempt to hide their contempt for their nominee. If anything Fox has joined the Bush family in openly supporting Hilary. There is no 'conservative' news anymore...at least not this year.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think we all suspected that the media was controlled, but it is quite another thing to discover your conspiracy theory is actually true. At least when you didn't know for certain it was comforting to know that you could have been wrong.

Of course it's controlled. All media is owned and paid for after all. That's not a conspiracy, that's common sense. It's controlled mostly by the advertisers once you get down to it. Because if they don't like the overall message you put out they stop buying time with you.

But "the media" doesn't have one single message. There is a message for both sides and they each have their networks and outlets. The left has a bit more control over the major big TV broadcast networks excluding Fox. The right has more control over more radio and Fox Broadcast. While they both have their own set of Cable Networks and other venues of influence as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Confirmation that the Washington Post is owned:

#DNCLeak: Washington Post & DNC joint unlisted fundraising party

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

When did Fox news start supporting Hillary???

Are you talking about Fox Broadcast or Fox Cable???

Because Fox Cable I thought was a Trump Supporter. (Granted I don't know if you consider Trump as a Conservative or not but he is the Republican so I guess that counts.)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join