It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
...Red Mercury can do almost anything the aspiring Third World demagogue wants it to. You want a short cut to making an atom bomb? You want the key to Soviet ballistic missile guidance systems? Or perhaps you want the Russian alternative to the anti-radar paint on the stealth bomber? What you need is Red Mercury .
Such adaptability does not come cheap. The going rate for red mercury in more than 25 con tricks stretching from Moscow to Pretoria ranges from $40k to as much as $0.5m a kilogram. Red mercury’s variety of uses is matched by the variation in its physical characteristics. Sometimes it is radioactive, sometimes not. It might be the densest compound known to science, but then again, it might not.........
Los Alamos National Laboratory - 1992
"a relatively notorious nuclear hoax"
While a racist, violent and brutal oppression white apartheid regime was trusted to have and manage nuclear weapons, a Black and democratically elected regime was not trusted to manage them.
“Acquiring weapons for the defence of Muslims is a religious duty. If I have indeed acquired these weapons, then I thank God for enabling me to do so. And if I seek to acquire these weapons, I am carrying out a duty. It would be a sin for Muslims not to try to possess the weapons that would prevent the infidels from inflicting harm on Muslims.”
Source : Time Magazine
"If the line cuts off when the telephone is placed close to the needle ... that proves the existence of the substance,"
Saudi Gazette - April 2009
Saudi police say they are investigating a hoax that has seen people rushing to buy old-fashioned sewing machines for up to $50,000 (£33,500). The Singer sewing machines are said to contain traces of red mercury, a substance that may not exist. But it is widely thought that it can be used to find treasure, ward off evil spirits or even make nuclear bombs.
It is believed that tiny amounts can sell for millions of dollars, the Saudi Gazette reported. The paper said that trade in the sewing machines was brisk across the country. Rumours about the sewing machines have been spreading for days by word of mouth and over the internet, it said. These included rumours that foreign experts and companies had been buying up Singers.
Source : BBC News
Despite the lack of evidence that the deadly substance really exists the stories surrounding this mythical substance, and the desire to obtain it, go on to this very day.
originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: mirageman
I've had constant recurring dreams of mercury as a superfluid, I really believe there is more to mercury than we are told.
Unless of course red mercury really does exist?
45. Remove the Mercury of the Secret Philosophy from the Sun and from the Moon, which means from the man and from the woman, from these two metals.
46. Work with this Mercury and "learn how to serve yourselves with it, so that you may march towards the light with open eyes and not fall as blind men into the abyss of perdition."
47. Thus, you will engender the king crowned with the red diadem, the Master of metallic transmutations.
48. This is the phoenix bird that is reborn from its own ashes.
49. This is the salamander that survives within the fire.
50. This is the universal chameleon that disguises itself with innumerable colors.
51. At times, it is black; at times, it is red; at times, it is white or of various colors.
52. Our Mercury blackens, reddens, whitens, and is revested with a thousand colors that are observed in the changing atmospheres of the alchemist.
53. It is necessary to bake, bake, and re-bake and not to become tired of it.
54. Thus, we transmute the Mercury into potable gold.
55. Thus, we succeed in joining the Cross with the Triangle.
56. The receptacle must be well-sealed in order to avoid the escape of even a single drop of our philosophical Mercury.
57. If the seed of the wheat is pulled out from the earth during the process of putrefaction, then the wheat cannot grow and the seed dies.
58. Likewise, our seed must not be pulled out or taken from our Philosophical Earth, because the seed and the universes that could flourish would be lost, and we would fail in the Great Work.