It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio judge sends lawyer to jail for wearing ‘Black Lives Matter’ pin in court

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Chickensalad

It is the home and residence of Lady Justice, and she doesn't give a damn about your political leanings.

Justice is denied in a land where free speech is punishable by a jail sentence.

Anarchy is what you want. Any obedience to the law, or acknowledged custom, is a blight. Break those walls down damn it. Who cares if they are not even yet built.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I'm not certain about the details of the case or her sentence, but no one should be jailed for wearing a pin.

She wasn't. She was jailed for refusing the judge's order numerous times to remove it.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Good for the judge, lock them all up.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Good for the judge, lock them all up.

Huh? Everyone that wears a political pin in court?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: intrptr

She can't win an argument wth the judge. She stood her ground in principal, if she didn't he would have found something else.

Really? can you prove that or just guessing now?

It is the judges courtroom, just like this is my living room. Your right to free speech ends at my doorstep sorry to say.

I'm not aware she misspoke in court. It isn't his court anymore than the white house belongs to the president. Its not their personal property. They only preside.

preside
prɪˈzʌɪd/
verb
verb: preside; 3rd person present: presides; past tense: presided; past participle: presided; gerund or present participle: presiding

be in the position of authority in a meeting or other gathering.
"the prime minister will preside at an emergency cabinet meeting"
synonyms: chair, take the chair, be chairman/chairwoman/chairperson, officiate (at)

Only preside? But obviously wrong if they .. preside.

okey dokey...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

a reply to: StallionDuck

Blah blah, it isn't about ideology, its about him finding her guilty of something.

She WAS guilty of something. Kinda like saying you're just guilty for arguing for the sake of arguing. I guess it doesn't matter in the end, right?

What was she guilty of again?

For speaking her mind?

Or belonging to BLM?

You are NOT allowed to do either in a court room. It's a chamber of solace to the outside BS. It's where one conducts themselves without bias, directing attention only to law, justice and order.

You can't simply walk into a courtroom and do and or say what you want. If you do, you're in the right place to be sentenced but the wrong place for your self determined freedoms. Any freedoms you 'think' you have will certainly be stripped away from you due process.

It's EXACTLY the same as if you were on a jury and the lawyers walk up to you and ask you If you have a problem with the death penalty and you said you don't believe in it, in a state where it is practiced. You will be excused. You show that you would rather let someone off even if they're guilty of murder before you would let the court choose death as his penalty. THIS is why you can't make your own rules in a court room. You simply cant be a lawyer and ACTIVELY be biased one way or another. You keep your beliefs at home, the same place that pin should have been left.

Throw religion in the mix instead of black lives matter. Same thing. The 10 commandments were up in a court room some years back. This was not ok. The high court came down and had them remove it because you simply can not choose sides, ideals, whatever over the rule of law. Period. black lives matters is a conflict of interest. It does not go well in court, especially right now! Any idiot can see thi..... errrr.. well. Maybe not.

edit on 23-7-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

I'm not certain about the details of the case or her sentence, but no one should be jailed for wearing a pin.

She wasn't. She was jailed for refusing the judge's order numerous times to remove it.

Maybe she should have been removed instead of wasting taxpayer's dollars.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

She was.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
What I find hilarious about this argument is that if it had been a Trump 2016 pin we would still be having this discussion but the roles would be reversed. People have to grow up.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Chickensalad

She spat in its face

No she didn't. Do we have to make stuff up like the judge?

intrptr out

*gets fire hose*

lol

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

What I find hilarious about this argument is that if it had been a Trump 2016 pin we would still be having this discussion but the roles would be reversed. People have to grow up.

Well that is an ASSumption if I ever have seen one.

More than likely the person wearing the Trump pin would have taken it off.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

He didn't waste tax payers dollars. That's exactly what my taxes are supposed to go to. Punishing people who deserve it. She was warned. She was pulled away, spoken to and I'm sure he even told her in his chambers what he was going to do. It was HER choice to go to jail. She's a lawyer. She isn't supposed to be stupid. She thought she was Rosa Parks or something and wanted to be a smart@$$ to a judge who presides and has total authority over that court room. He is the deciding factor. She wanted to make a statement and she paid for it. She had the choice in her hands so if anyone was wasting tax dollars it was her. She was removed justly. She was punished.

I'd say that was a damn good use of my tax dollars right there.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Exactly. This wasn't an arbitrary ruling where he saw the pin and sent her to jail. Her choice. As Sammy said:

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Introvert.. Why is it so hard to just say "Oh I did not know that it works that way" than to keep going where you know you are wrong? #realfactsmatter

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

God I love your posts.

One fun duck !!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I would be saying the same damn thing regardless of who or what politics they're promoting.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Exactly. This wasn't an arbitrary ruling where he saw the pin and sent her to jail. Her choice. As Sammy said:

"Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

Sounds like the opening theme to OZ..

Lmao fitting.

edit on 23-7-2016 by savemebarry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The judge is wrong. It's a pin with a hashtag on it. I'm not sure why you'd want to pay taxes for a ridiculous decision like that.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The judge is wrong.

Is that what your years of legal schooling, Constitutional learning and legal practice has lead you to?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

You don't have free speech in a court room. It is the judge's playpen and you are just visiting.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join