It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio judge sends lawyer to jail for wearing ‘Black Lives Matter’ pin in court

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Chickensalad
Act like a brat; get treated like a brat.

She's a lawyer, she should know the law.

The judge was behaving the brat here.
Focusing on something (anything) beside the issue before the court.

Somebody come in YOUR house and act a fool... You tell me what you gonna do.

He resides over that court. Court is a sacred place of law and justice. It's not a clown show. She was being a clown. Simple as that.

A court of law is not the Judges "home".

No, on that point you are correct.

It is the home and residence of Lady Justice, and she doesn't give a damn about your political leanings.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Courtrooms must strive to be independent from politics. I am sure everyone crying over this wouldn't want their prosecutor wearing a make America great again hat. That's why it's this way and this attention seeker knows it. Lock her up electric chair whatever I won't lose any sleep over it.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Many years ago i was " Up Before The Beak " here in The U.K.

On my suit jacket i had this pinned.

I was not directed to remove it.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Are BLM a political movement ?

I thought they where a protest group.

They're a protest group that is part of the PC/SJW (Critical Race Theory / Progressive Stack) Movement.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
His court, his rules. She should have just taken it off, it would have saved her a lot of trouble.

Courts are obligated to the rule of law, not some judges influence. But I see no laws were broken and they had to find her guilty of something.

Sentencing people to jail for being dissidents is illegal.

So he contrived something from nothing.

I think it was more about her arguing in a court room more than the pin itself.

He engaged her in argument. At that point he's won, he's "the Law". He should have thrown it out instead of 'finding' her guilty of contempt. But the law doesn't like free speechers.

Why was she even there? Because she was exercising her right to free speech? I bet the actual charge was disturbing the peace or some such. Like when people demonstrate or protest 'without a permit' or 'on the sidewalk' or 'too early'...

They'll make something up alright.

Telling the Judge to F off is free speech too. Is it allowed in a courtroom?

Did she do that?

Probably not. The point I was making is just because you have free speech, does not make the courtroom a place to use it in arguing with a judge.

But free speech was the real issue, wasn't it? Until the judge made it about something else. He had to. Lucky for him she wore a 'button'.

Like this scene in Full Metal Jacket.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

He resides over that court. Court is a sacred place of law and justice. It's not a clown show. She was being a clown. Simple as that.

It's a figure of speech. Leave it to you to pick

“To remain neutral becomes an accomplice to oppression.”
- Her words.

She HAS to be neutral of she isn't doing her job. She has to follow the law and she's not supposed to take sides. She has only the facts to follow. She's acquainting oppression with neutrality and that has nothing to do with this case. There is a difference in neutrality when your government is killing all firstborns vs taking sides in a bonified gang war.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Chickensalad

It is the home and residence of Lady Justice, and she doesn't give a damn about your political leanings.

Justice is denied in a land where free speech is punishable by a jail sentence.

link   

It kind of is. It's his "domain" just as your home is your "domicile." He has the right to do what he did. He did it because she was politicizing HIS courtroom. He did it with the backing of the Supreme Court of the United States. You've lost the argument. It's not credible. It has been explained to you. What remains is your unsupportable opinion. You can continue to rail on about it, of course, but it's a done deal.

Justice is denied in a land where free speech is punishable by a jail sentence.

You can't yell "Fire!" in a crowded theater. You can't yell "BLM" in a neutral courtroom. The principle has been well established for centuries now. It's not "justice denied" in any but an extremist point of view.
edit on 7/23/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Joelombo

Ah yes, killed over the a statement!

I do wonder what would happen if someone had a Trump pin on in this court room, but guess we will never know till it happens.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Blah blah, it isn't about ideology, its about him finding her guilty of something.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

She can't win an argument wth the judge. She stood her ground in principal, if she didn't he would have found something else.

Really? can you prove that or just guessing now?

It is the judges courtroom, just like this is my living room. Your right to free speech ends at my doorstep sorry to say.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sounds like she wanted to cause a ruckus, get her name in the news, cry afoul when charged with contempt, etc.

She did all that...But she's not in the right and will not win an appeal.

The judge asked her to remove a symbol representing a politcal ideology, which he does not allow in his courtroom.

She repeatedly refused and ignored warnings from the judge, so she got what was coming to her.

Bravo to the judge for not bending to this kind of nonsense.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

He did it because she was politicizing HIS courtroom.

Using caps to say "HIS" courtroom. Again, his job is to decide the issue before the court according to the charge. Not add menial stuff to trump up charges in their stead.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: Joelombo

Ah yes, killed over the a statement!

I do wonder what would happen if someone had a Trump pin on in this court room, but guess we will never know till it happens.

Same thing would happen... Even if it was a Hillary pin.

Deny ignorance...

link   

originally posted by: tinner07

She can't win an argument wth the judge. She stood her ground in principal, if she didn't he would have found something else.

Really? can you prove that or just guessing now?

It is the judges courtroom, just like this is my living room. Your right to free speech ends at my doorstep sorry to say.

I'm not aware she misspoke in court. It isn't his court anymore than the white house belongs to the president. Its not their personal property. They only preside.

link   

I guess you aren't seeing the irony of your statements.

You claim that the judge just wanted to find a bone to pick, so he used her BLM pin.

The irony of that is, had she just followed the law and stepped into the courtroom void of her political leanings, the judge would have had nothing but the case's facts at his disposal.

This is a prime example of WHY politics are barred from a courtroom.

link   

a reply to: schuyler

He did it because she was politicizing HIS courtroom.

Using caps to say "HIS" courtroom. Again, his job is to decide the issue before the court according to the charge. Not add menial stuff to trump up charges in their stead.

He would disagree with you and you lose. It's over except for the sputtering.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
His court, his rules. She should have just taken it off, it would have saved her a lot of trouble.

Courts are obligated to the rule of law, not some judges influence. But I see no laws were broken and they had to find her guilty of something.

Sentencing people to jail for being dissidents is illegal.

So he contrived something from nothing.

I think it was more about her arguing in a court room more than the pin itself.

He engaged her in argument. At that point he's won, he's "the Law". He should have thrown it out instead of 'finding' her guilty of contempt. But the law doesn't like free speechers.

Why was she even there? Because she was exercising her right to free speech? I bet the actual charge was disturbing the peace or some such. Like when people demonstrate or protest 'without a permit' or 'on the sidewalk' or 'too early'...

They'll make something up alright.

Telling the Judge to F off is free speech too. Is it allowed in a courtroom?

Did she do that?

Probably not. The point I was making is just because you have free speech, does not make the courtroom a place to use it in arguing with a judge.

But free speech was the real issue, wasn't it? Until the judge made it about something else. He had to. Lucky for him she wore a 'button'.

Like this scene in Full Metal Jacket.

Think what you want. Until a certain segment of society realizes that they are subjected to the same rules and laws as the rest of us, nothing will change. I am not talking about the super rich, I am talking about all of us peons. The more this sort of thing happens, the deeper the hole they dig.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Different countries, different laws. I suppose that's all I can say. While I value the fact that the court you were in was a bit more open, laws here and everything involved is an extremely strict thing. It's a serious things. Judges are very stern and strict. It's not at all like watching "Judge Judy" on TV. Our judicial system takes our laws and our proper attire/attitude/demeanor very seriously here.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
She probably got sent to jail for that bow-tie!
If my lawyer showed up looking like that with a BLM pin on I'd ask for a new one.
How can you expect people to take you professionally when you dress like Pee-Wee Herman?

I'm sure the lawyer was less than civil when the judge requested her to remove it.
These SJW regressives need to understand that a civil society operates in a way that you can't just impose your will upon people just because you "feel oppressed" or "discriminated against". There are proper ways to protest and effect change in society and acting like a fool is not the way.

Sadly this will degrade into a racial issue and not be addressed as an issue of a spoiled rotten entitled regressive getting her feelings hurt...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join