It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Bernie's press release from yesterday on his speech tonight:

BURLINGTON, Vt. – In an opening night address on Monday at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders will make it clear that Hillary Clinton is by far superior to Donald Trump on every major issue from economics and health care to education and the environment.

Sanders will stress that the most progressive platform in Democratic Party history includes agreements he reached with Clinton to dramatically expand health care access and to make public colleges tuition-free for students from families with annual incomes up to $125,000 a year.

In his remarks, Sanders also plans to rip into Trump for siding with the Koch brothers and echoing fossil fuel industry claims that climate change is a hoax despite the virtually-unanimous scientific consensus that the warming planet is causing devastating harm.

Sanders also will send a message to the convention and to the 13 million voters who supported him that they have begun a political revolution to transform America and that the revolution – Our Revolution – continues. “Together,” he will say, “we continue the fight to create a government which represents all of us, and not just the 1 percent – a government based on the principles of economic, social, racial and environmental justice.”

Link

I don't see him straying from his plans as of yesterday.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

A man of principle would fight tooth and nail to TAKE the nomination after it was STOLEN from him.

He's got all the ammunition he needs to take that nomination.

A man of principal would not perpetuate an election that was STOLEN from him.
edit on 25-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
Two parties down - anger, confusion - fear and loathing

This time next year we'll be in just over half a year in with one if these two. Unbelievable

I've said it before, and it's a hard thing to absorb. If this is going to get any better the whole thing might just have to crash and burn

What will happen I think is we'll settle for the status quo, a Democrat will keep us locked into a never ending war, and it will be the same ole same ole only with even more terrorism until a Republican wins 4 years from now

The alternative is even uglier and more unacceptable, and seems more likely everyday

I am not a happy camper

But yet, despite everything you just said, you're still going to vote for Hillary?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Donations to Hillary are tanking already. She is kryptonite

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This convention will be very interesting. Clinton and the Democrats needs to conduct a positive, no drama convention in order to get the post-convention bump in the polls they need. It appears that Trump may have gotten a damn good bump so far.

It is starting to look like Trump will get more of a bump from the DNC than Hillary.

Its damn near a total meltdown at this point.
edit on R482016-07-25T12:48:05-05:00k487Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R492016-07-25T12:49:41-05:00k497Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: xuenchen

CNN just said this. DWS will not gavel the convention, will not speak. Hillary peeps had better hear the 46% of delegates who support Bernie.

Makes it even more historical.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I would prefer he fight, but he's decided not to. Both are valid. The majority of voters (regardless of the DNC committing fraud) voted for Hillary. He would be undermining their choice by contesting.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's funny though.

For the longest time I saw no real way Clinton was going to lose.

Now ?

50/50 shot with Trump in favor with the recent poll bounce.

After next week it will prolly even out.
edit on 25-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: Tsubaki

I could turn that around on you you know

Trump is not the way forward. My ideal isn't an option

I'm a realist

You'll want to say you are too...both smarter and wiser. Have it your way

Trump... nope. Not on my watch

I'm not proposing anyone support Trump, only showing that America has forgotten what a Democratic Rebublic is.

When you feel you must choose between two candidates, democracy has lost.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It`s good that bernie didn`t get the nomination because bernie has shown that he isn`t presidential material he`ll let people cheat him and screw him over and then he kisses their ass.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: introvert
This convention will be very interesting. Clinton and the Democrats needs to conduct a positive, no drama convention in order to get the post-convention bump in the polls they need. It appears that Trump may have gotten a damn good bump so far.

It is starting to look like Trump will get more of a bump from the DNC than Hillary.

Its damn near a total meltdown at this point.

Not really. Things have barely begun and we have a few days to go.

The media is in meltdown, but the party seems to be just fine.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
i wasn`t even going to watch the convention but with the email leaks I have to watch now just to see how much of a cluster# it`s going to be.

(post by spiritualzombie removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I don't think it's invalid to choose supporting Jill Stein over a party and nominee that did not support him.

link   

A toast for sure my friend :-)

We're between a rock and a hard place this time - its not like I'm not with you in spirit

I'm just going with pragmatism over idealism

When it's all gone pear shaped you might still want to curse my name and set my house on fire

link   
a reply to: introvert

"The media is in meltdown, but the party seems to be just fine."

Really? Just fine huh? Looks like they just made another change at the midnight hour due to the leaks... Wasserman will no longer speak at all.

Yes Sir...the DNC is just fine.... if you call "panic mode" fine that is.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Reports that DWS might not be opening the festival.

Big arguments happening behind the scenes.

Not surprised, the reaction to her this morning can not be the scenes witnessed by millions when the convention opens.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

you know what Neo?

thanks for that

:-)

here's to better times

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
It`s good that bernie didn`t get the nomination because bernie has shown that he isn`t presidential material he`ll let people cheat him and screw him over and then he kisses their ass.

Very true. You can tel he doesn't mean it when he asks people to support Clinton.... it's definitely a case of the lesser of two evils for him.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join