It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 185
<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
why is the DNC trotting out victim after victim after victim to the stage, but never presenting solutions to any of these problems that are occurring under the Obama Administration?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Gryphon66

a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah, no secrets left about Bill ... but that's not what you tried to argue.

Let me try again: what does Bill and Hillary's arrangement regarding their sex life have to do with her decades of public service?

By the size of her wallet (s), I would say that it was the public that served her well.

So now, being wealthy is unAmerican?

You guys really can't stay on message.

No, you aren't stupid. You are fully aware of what I meant.
When Hillary worked for the government, it wasn't about public service. It was about her using her positions to line her wallet.
Deny it if you want, but what she has done is as plain as the nose on your face.... beak, as it is.

No, I'm not stupid and neither are you. You're willing to make these broad baseless claims because you hate Clinton.

You don't appreciate what she's done over the years because it doesn't mesh well with your fringe right-wing agenda.

Beyond that, if people are willing to give her $200K to speak, so what? Are you jealous.

This thread should be renamed "Sour Grapes: Making Republican Whine"
edit on 27-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You seem upset.

I am, and have been for a long time, hence being jadedANDcynical.

I am terribly jaded by the things that have made me cynical.

You seem to be willing to allow a corrupt system to continue to operate with impunity because, that's 'just the way it is.'

Shouldn't we even try to make a change? Should we not ask ourselves if there is another way to operate?

What do you think the people who pushed through the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution would think of what has become of our country?

I am sure some of the same people who opposed it then would be happy as clams today due to the fact of how rigged the entire system has become.

It's gotten to the point where we are surprised by honesty and integrity in a politician and the ones who exhibit these traits are either ignored or shunted aside if they don't 'go along with the program.'

But let's ignore all of that and instead argue about bathrooms, melanin content, and just move on, eh?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Ah ... a bit more honesty and reasonability. I'll be glad to respond.

No, I'm not "willing to accept" corruption ... but it exists. It exists (and has always existed) at every level of every government that has ever been. Know why?

Primates want power.

We generally talk about it here as "authoritarianism." I usually call it power-over. Everyone of us every day is working within a complex framework of power ... some folks we have power over, some folks have power over us.

Pretending that Donald J. Trump is somehow "free of corruption" is patently absurd. I have made my personal choice of who to support based on the one I think will do the least harm. That means I vote against Trump and for the only one who has a chance of beating him.

Do I like CLinton? Do I trust her? Do I think she's a good person? Of course not. She's a politician.

You make your choice as your heart and mind dictates. I will do the same; neither of us are going to be happy with our choice.

What a sad, sad state of affairs, eh?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Why is it so obvious to me my lady?
No offense meant.
How is it I can predict such a thing in full confidence and knowing?
edit on Rpm72716v55201600000048 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I didn't get a chance to watch last night but, here is a video someone took inside DNC last night after Bernie supporters left

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

No, I'm not "willing to accept" corruption ... but it exists. It exists (and has always existed) at every level of every government that has ever been. Know why?

Primates want power.

To be fair, most of those primates have been Democrats, by a huge margin. Maybe people are more primate than others?

American politicians convicted of federal public corruption crimes

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Ah ... a bit more honesty and reasonability. I'll be glad to respond.

Primates want power.

We generally talk about it here as "authoritarianism." I usually call it power-over. Everyone of us every day is working within a complex framework of power ... some folks we have power over, some folks have power over us.

Pretending that Donald J. Trump is somehow "free of corruption" is patently absurd. I have made my personal choice of who to support based on the one I think will do the least harm. That means I vote against Trump and for the only one who has a chance of beating him.

Do I like CLinton? Do I trust her? Do I think she's a good person? Of course not. She's a politician.

You make your choice as your heart and mind dictates. I will do the same; neither of us are going to be happy with our choice.

What a sad, sad state of affairs, eh?

I totally respect this post. What I don't understand is how can you seem so reasonable here, knowing that corruption exists in both sides, and then claim anybody who is supporting the other candidate is worse than a Nazi? It just boggles my mind.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Hillary Clinton

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

It's wrong to give big money to political campaigns?

Someone should tell the Kochs.

Someone should tell SOROS.

George Soros rises again

he billionaire, who had dialed back his giving, has committed more than $25 million to supporting Hillary Clinton and other Democratic candidates and causes.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
A Politician walks on water in front of two people.

One will see it as a miracle.

One will see it as proof the politician doesn't know how to swim.

It is what it is.

Some will turn a blind eye to the fact they have been lied to repeatedly for a year multitudes of times and will still vote for Hillary because..........woman!!!!

Sad state of affairs we are in.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Someone should ask Bill after his glowing speech about Hillary being the love of his life and the most amazing woman ever...
"Then WHY do you serially CHEAT on her, Bill?"

Because their private bedroom life isn't relevant to her years of public service?

Speaking of sexual impropriety ... er .. duh ... Donald Trump.

That ship has sailed years ago with:
"I want to say one thing to the American people...I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman..."
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
Bill's bedroom life has already crossed over to the domain of public service...and political history.

Why should AMERICA take the word of a proven LIAR ?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme This is serious if Russia is trying to influence the outcome of an American election.
If this is true we are talking Watergate scale in the way of scandal.

Look, even if Russia did this ( unproven at this point ) for
Hillary and her camp to blame them without proof is
a perfect example of how she would lead the country.

It makes her look weak, makes the DNC look weak.

She is obviously at best, very challenged looking
"strong". It is downright scary to imagine her
dealing with the safety of the U.S.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Soros is a drop in the bucket compared to what the Koch brothers are spending.

Their spending is equal to or even more than the parties themselves. Almost a billion.

The political network overseen by the conservative billionaires Charles G. and David H. Koch plans to spend close to $900 million on the 2016 campaign, an unparalleled effort by coordinated outside groups to shape a presidential election that is already on track to be the most expensive in history.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

a reply to: stosh64
I didn't see the part where Wikileaks releases the newest email dump at 10 pm.
Oh, the DNC doesn't want that on the schedule?

I am patiently waiting.

Now that would be epic.

Might even wake a few people up, I feel asleep before Bill came on. I tend to tune out celebrities.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Trump has asked Russia to commence espionage against the U.S.? Interfere with our internal affairs? Effect our election?
And he's the man?

MIND BLOWN

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Who are the Koch brothers spending it on this time? Because I read somewhere they refuse to support Trump.

link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Trump has asked Russia to commence espionage against the U.S.? Interfere with our internal affairs? Effect our election?
And he's the man?

MIND BLOWN

No mam..

Trump did not ask anybody to hack into anything.

Check your sources

link   

originally posted by: burntheships

originally posted by: Sillyolme This is serious if Russia is trying to influence the outcome of an American election.
If this is true we are talking Watergate scale in the way of scandal.

Look, even if Russia did this ( unproven at this point ) for
Hillary and her camp to blame them without proof is
a perfect example of how she would lead the country.

It makes her look weak, makes the DNC look weak.

She is obviously at best, very challenged looking
"strong". It is downright scary to imagine her
dealing with the safety of the U.S.

More importantly, to jump to a conclusion that it was Trump working with the Russians
shows that the Democrat leadership is unstable and lashes out with wild accusations when their party has been caught red handed. The deflection and lack of accountability is not a good sign.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I agree with your whole rationale, but my choice leans more towards Johnson than anyone else. I think the rationale of our decisions is heavily influenced by perceptions of life experiences, media, and upbringing.

Would you agree that something other than a two party system would be a positive step for all of us?

top topics

<< 182  183  184    186  187  188 >>

join