It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 184
<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yeah, no secrets left about Bill ... but that's not what you tried to argue.

Let me try again: what does Bill and Hillary's arrangement regarding their sex life have to do with her decades of public service?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Which is it guys ... "we all know how corrupt Clinton is" or "we don't know anything about Clinton"?

Y'all need to get on message.

Many Hillary supporters have no clue really. They depend on CNN or the nightly news for political information.

People on ATS have even said that.

I have been told by people here they will NOT watch something because they did not like the thumbnail pic on the youtube video.

I have no problem with informed people voting for whoever they want. But to choose to be uniformed is unbelievable to me.

Watch and read everything you can people, the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I countered your crap about the imagined impeachment of the IRS Director above. Read that.

Wow, you've established that there may be dirty money in politics. Impressive.

Weren't you the one concerned about staying on topic?

Does any of that ... er, I'll be charitable and call it "info" have anything to do with the Democratic Convention?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Your experience is different from mine completely.

The folks I know supporting Clinton are well-informed, well-educated, clear-minded. They don't have any illusions about her.

On the other hand, the average Trump supporter (and I have to qualify this by "I live in Georgia") knows NOTHING about his actual positions on the issues (as vague as they are) and the only thing they are interested in is some sort of fascist-totalitarian-religious fusion they think he's going to bring and magically make them safe, fix the economy, get rid of all the undesirables, and re-establish Christianity.

YMMV
edit on 27-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'd rather see patriotism based in a commitment to American values myself ... rather than thinking the number of flags (made in China?) determines one's loyalty to this country.

I'd say something about superficiality, but ... why?

I just want to say I agree with this. It is frustrating to see people being judged by how much red white and blue they wear.

I think it is equally ridiculous to claim that having a US flag is somehow offensive to illegal immigrants, as progressives have done in the past. It makes me wonder if that is the reason that no flags were shown during the speakers concerned with the undocumented, that were saying things like Eva Longoria saying the border crossed her.

If the idea of the flag didn't matter to dems, why would they not have one day one, and then have them day two? This definitely was not an accident

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It's disgusting that Republicans have nominated a guy who has called on Russia to hack U.S servers. The guy has no loyalty but to himself. Hillary is not perfect, not by a long shot, but she is absolutely the smartest choice this election. Trump is a traitor to the people and will go down in history as the worst presidential candidate of all time. He hurts the Republican Party every day, and the impact on their reputation will be lasting. It seems every election the Republican Party sinks lower and lower in principle and their grip on reality. Once they lose Chachi, who will they have left? They're scraping bottom and calling themselves winners. They are very much detached from reality.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

The willful ignorance on BOTH sides is epic and sad.

edit on 7 27 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
It's disgusting that Republicans have nominated a guy who has called on Russia to hack U.S servers. The guy has no loyalty but to himself. Hillary is not perfect, not by a long shot, but she is absolutely the smartest choice this election. Trump is a traitor to the people and will go down in history as the worst presidential candidate of all time. He hurts the Republican Party every day, and the impact on their reputation will be lasting. It seems every election the Republican Party sinks lower and lower in principle and their grip on reality. Once they lose Chachi, who will they have left? They're scraping bottom and calling themselves winners. They are very much detached from reality.

Quote where his asked Russia to hack US servers please.

What he said in the conference today was that no one could find the 30000 emails Clinton deleted, and he asked Russia to release them. This was a joke pointing out that Russia probably already has these emails. Even if you don't tthink it was a joke (which I know is what you will say) he didn't say, "Russia, please hack Hillary's email and show us them". He is showing that they probably already have hacked her.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

The willful ignorance on BOTH sides is epic and sad.

Agree 1000% (metaphorically).

Political theatre.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Excuse my ignorance on this, but if Hilary wins, will this be the first time a president who was impeached for lying under oath to a federal grand jury, was given another role in the White House after his impeachment?

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

As soon as you show willingness to bend equally on both sides I'all consider your comment thoughtful. Everyone knows what he was saying. It was an open call on Russia to hack U.S. Servers and leak info to hurt his opponent.

I don't care if Russia hacks or leaks. I do care about a presidential candidate calling on Russia to hack servers to help him defeat his opponent. That's not the kind of person who belongs in in the White House.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Does any of that ... er, I'll be charitable and call it "info" have anything to do with the Democratic Convention?

Your charity is not needed, you tell me if any of the above is relevant to the discussion of the DNC convention. Here are a few primers to help get you started:

Who is the nominee for the Democratic Party?

What organizations is that person involved with?

What image is being portrayed about that nominee?

Now, unless you think that someone other than Hillary is the democratic nominee, that she is not involved with the Clinton Foundation/CGI, and/or that the image of said nominee has no bearing upon the convention, then yes this is all fair game.

That attitude of "well, dirty money is part of politics," is a HUGE part of what is wrong with America.

You just keep accepting it when it's your side or try and say "they do it too," and point to the republicans so that tells me you don't really care about the character of our leaders because "It's bread and circuses. Shadows and shadow-puppets. Both, all, any sides."

Since this is the case, why even make a big deal about it at all?

I mean if it's all shadow puppets anyway...

(post by randyvs removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
DNC Day 3 schedule.

4:00 PM – 6:00 PM (EDT)

Call to Order: U.S. Representative Marcia Fudge (Ohio)
Invocation: Rev. William Byron
Pledge of Allegiance: Monroe Handy
National Anthem: Sebastien De La Cruz
Vice Presidential Nomination
Remarks: Daniel Driffin, HIV/AIDS Activist from Georgia
Remarks: Neera Tanden, President of the Center for American Progress Action Fund
Remarks: U.S. Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (Texas)
Remarks: U.S. Representative Michelle Lujan Grisham (New Mexico)
Remarks: U.S. Representative Eleanor Holmes Norton (District of Columbia)
Remarks: U.S. Representative Adam Schiff (California)
Remarks: U.S. Representative Maxine Waters (California)
Remarks: President of NARAL Ilyse Hogue
Remarks: Tallahassee Mayor Andrew Gillum
Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus: Chair, U.S. Representative Judy Chu (California)
Remarks: Brooks Bell, Brooks is a young female tech entrepreneur from North Carolina
Remarks: New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio
In Memoriam: Introduced by Convention Chair U.S. Representative Marcia Fudge (Ohio)

6:00 – 10:00 PM (EDT)

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee: Chair, U.S. Representative Ben Ray Luján (New Mexico)
Our America Musical Performance
Remarks: Civil Rights Leader Reverend Jesse Jackson
Remarks: Actress Star Jones
Remarks: Flint Mayor Karen Weaver
Congressional Black Caucus Chair, U.S. Representative GK Butterfield (NC)
Remarks: President of EMILY’s List Stephanie Schriock
Remarks: Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid (Nevada)
Remarks: California Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom
Remarks: U.S. Representative Ruben Gallego (Arizona)
Remarks: Jamie Dorff, Jamie’s husband was Patrick Dorff, an Army helicopter pilot from Minnesota who died while on a search and rescue mission in northern Iraq. As a senator, Hillary worked with Republicans and Democrats to increase the gratuity paid to family members of fallen veterans from $12,000 to $100,000.
Remarks: Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan
Remarks: Former Governor of Maryland Martin O’Malley
Introduction of Film: Actress Sigourney Weaver
Remarks: California Governor Jerry Brown
Remarks: Director Lee Daniels
Remarks: Christine Leinonen, Brandon Wolf and Jose Arraigada,Christine Leinonen is the mother of Christopher “Drew” Leinonen, who was killed in the Pulse attack in Orlando. Brandon Wolf and Jose Arraigada are survivors of the attack at the nightclub in Orlando.
Remarks: U.S. Senator Chris Murphy (Connecticut)
Remarks: Erica Smegielski, Erica’s mother Dawn was the principal of Sandy Hook Elementary and was killed while trying to protect her students. Since then, Erica has become an outspoken advocate for commonsense gun violence prevention measures.
Remarks: Former Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey
Remarks: Actress Angela Bassett
Remarks: Felicia Sanders & Polly Sheppard, Felicia and Polly are two of the three survivors of the Mother Emanuel Church shooting in Charleston, SC.
Remarks: Gabby Giffords & Mark Kelly
Musical Performance
Remarks: Rear Admiral John Hutson (Ret. USN)
Remarks: Kristen Kavanaugh, Kristen Kavanaugh is a graduate of the United States Naval Academy and a former Marine Corps Captain who deployed to Iraq. She later co-founded the Military Acceptance Project, a California-based social justice organization dedicated to promoting acceptance of marginalized populations within the military.
Remarks: Former Congressman and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta
Remarks: U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown (Ohio)
Introduction of Speaker: Dr. Jill Biden
Remarks: Vice President Joe Biden
Remarks: Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed
Remarks: Michael Bloomberg
Musical Performance: Lenny Kravitz

10:00 – 11:00 PM (EDT)

Remarks: Democratic Nominee for Vice President Tim Kaine
Introduction of Film
Sharon Belkofer, Sharon Belkofer is the mother of fallen Lt. Col. Thomas Belkofer. Her son was killed when a suicide bomber detonated a minibus in a convoy carrying Belkofer and three other high-ranking officers in Kabul, Afghanistan. Remarks: President Barack Obama
Benediction: Rev. Gabriel Salguero
)

FOX8

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

You seem upset.

It's all shadow-puppets.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Let me try again: what does Bill and Hillary's arrangement regarding their sex life have to do with her decades of public service?

By the size of her wallet (s), I would say that it was the public that served her well.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
How in the hell can any of you not know exactly who the next Potus is? Are you all soo
blind? I find it absurd that anyone can say I don't know.

I know without any doubt that its a [SNIP].

Well that was harsh.

We say we don't know because we don't know, Randy. I live with the anxiety and angst that it could be Trump.
Share the feeling.
edit on 27/7/16 by masqua because: Ill-mannered quote removed

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

By the size of her wallet (s), I would say that it was the public that served her well.

So now, being wealthy is unAmerican?

You guys really can't stay on message.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64
I didn't see the part where Wikileaks releases the newest email dump at 10 pm.
Oh, the DNC doesn't want that on the schedule?

I am patiently waiting.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

So now, being wealthy is unAmerican?

You guys really can't stay on message.

No, you aren't stupid. You are fully aware of what I meant.
When Hillary worked for the government, it wasn't about public service. It was about her using her positions to line her wallet.
Deny it if you want, but what she has done is as plain as the nose on your face.... beak, as it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 181  182  183    185  186  187 >>

join