It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 174
<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
I do know Hillary and Putin's ex wife pretty much hated each other.

Maybe its personal.

Great. A cat fight influencing foreign policy.
That will really go over well with ISIS.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
In a 'democracy' there will only ever be 2 parties.

Majority.

Minority.

Whoever get's the most votes wins.

Plus the electoral college problem.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: derfreebie

All these theatrics. Movie stars, professional speakers, comedians, politicians. It shows how far detached they are from John and Jane Q American. We are the losers no matter who wins.

And for all these convolutions, and for respect to even super
moderators; I can afford you no more than a short kudo in
great respect to your level of broken heart. You can die only
once, but your heart can be broken any number of times.
Trust me. She prospers as we speak, It is why she is damned.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Maybe its personal.

Just throwing you a bone to have fun with.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Maybe its personal.

Oh THAT will be just great for a "new" American foreign policy won't it.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Some people are indeed planning to vote for killary simply because she is female, sort of. Just like some people voted for obama simply because he is black, sort of. Those are not things that qualify a person for POTUS. But some people use that criteria to select a candidate. In these two cases, democrats.

You can't ignore Trump because he lacks experience. We did that with obama, so that isn't an issue. You can't ignore Trump because he doesn't always tell the truth. We are doing that with killary, so that isn't an issue. Unless of course hypocrisy is the uniform of the day. Then by all means, have at it.

I like how so many people here are attacking Trump for "what he is going to do". I just love that. Can we do that with killary too? Or is that just for democrats, and the rest of us have to stick to the long long list of things killary has actually done - which works just fine for me...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Just throwing you a bone to have fun with.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Maybe its personal.

After Hillary is elected, ISIS will be removed from our vocabulary. She's already started by having that nasty acronym outlawed at the DNC convention this week.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
In a 'democracy' there will only ever be 2 parties.

Majority.

Minority.

Whoever get's the most votes wins.

Plus the electoral college problem.

Also How many conventions would you want to sit through ?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

To me it seems to be the general consensus to vote against Trump based on what he "might" do VS Hillary and forget about what she HAS done.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Right Bill.

Then why did she have a private server in your basement with
classified material on it that got HACKED ?

Just a call out, Neo: and without a single dog in the fight here:
the obvious is being ignored by the media, because the obvious
is the blood being drained from our brains. I vote complacency..
it's sexy if nothing else. Wheresa '69 Sporty and the good cam?
I want out , with just one gallon of real gas.l;

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Vroomfondel

To me it seems to be the general consensus to vote against Trump based on what he "might" do VS Hillary and forget about what she HAS done.

Hillary is qualified.

Trump isn't.

Speculation of accusations of Hillary.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I just want to say what is in my heart.

I voted for Obama over Hillary, in 2008 and I voted for Obama again in 2012. In 2008 I didn't feel like she was experenced enough in foreign policy. In 2012, I wanted to stay the course.

This year is a massive turning point. We have become so incredibly polarized, that poeple dont even care about most of the things that mattered in previous elections.

I truly think Hillary Clinton is the best person to represent our country. I think Trump is not.

Many of you will condemn me simply for having shared my opinion. You may belittle me or worse, in your replies and comments to this post. I think that is unfair and hurtful and wrong.

I am 48 years old, currently. My Dad is a retired Air Force Officer, and my husband is a Coast Guard Veteran who served in Desert Storm.

In the words of Tiny Tim, "God bless us all!"

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

How many years has she served as POTUS vs Trump vs Johnson vs Stein?

She broke the law. A few of them that are provable. Perjury being the largest. Aside from that there is about a mile long list of accusations that are more than enough for me and others to say no to Hillary.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Hopefully the day never comes. It is interesting to note that
her childhood cat she named....ISIS.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hi guys,
Yeah. It's me. That Hillary supporting chick. The one you love to argue with.

I really would love to share a dialogue with others on why I'm voting for Hillary. I would love to but that's not the kind of atmosphere I'm engaged with here.

Day one key speakers included Michelle Obama, Bernie Sanders, Cory baker, Elizabeth Warren.
Michelle's speech which was so good was the anchor for the night. From her retelling of the morning in Jan 2009 when she and Barack loaded their little girls one seven one ten into those big black suvs with all those big men ...with guns... and seeing those tiny faces pressed against the glass and looking at each other and saying "what have we done? "
To the realization that she, a black woman, wakes up every day ...in a house built by slaves. To the current realization that a woman has won the nomination of a major political party. Her speech was a rousing history of progress throughout our history. The important roll that immigrants have played in our development as a country. The people who have chosen to call America home and the diverse talents our ancestors and current immigrants that makes this country great. And I am saying yes great now right now.
Bernie closed the night with his signature speech about grassroots America and his gratitude to all of the folks who were there supporting him. He touched on his platform points and was pleased to confirm which portions have become part of the party platform. He ended with a plea for unity and strong words about the need to elect Hillary.
Day 2 was a this is Hillary Clinton.
The lady who worked to get funds to pay for healthcare for the first responders to 911 in her very first year as a junior senator. When no money had been allocated to the city of N.Y.. How she visited a survivor in the hospital and is still in touch with that person today. From her years in college and her devotion from the very start to children's causes.
It was a night of positive stories of her history and the people she has worked to help in the quiet real life moments where she's taken a hand of someone who needed help and her assurance to that person that she would do what ever she could to effect what changes she could. The changes that have come about to so many lives here and across the globe because of her devotion and hard work. That speaking is the easy part but it's the work that effects the changes that affect lives.

The convention so far has included some but not a lot of talk aimed at trump.
His attitude about Muslims, his embarrassing mocking of a handicapped journalist and a bombshell about how in the days following 911 he wasnt amongst those downtown in the dirt and dust and poisonous fumes. He wasnt in washington working to procure funds for the rebuilding of N.Y. and he wasnt visiting survivors in a hospital. . He was busy filing tax papers that provided 150,000.00 to business hurt in the tragedy . He didn't have a business affected but it was free money. Pocket change really but still an opportunity to make a buck.

All in all its been positive. It certainly has a woman's bent and it was aimed at improving her likeability in not so subtle ways.
At times it was sappy but mostly it was really good really informative.
Many of the stories I was already familiar with but some were new.

Well anyway that's my take.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Hi guys,
Yeah. It's me. That Hillary supporting chick. The one you love to argue with.

I really would love to share a dialogue with others on why I'm voting for Hillary. I would love to but that's not the kind of atmosphere I'm engaged with here.

Day one key speakers included Michelle Obama, Bernie Sanders, Cory baker, Elizabeth Warren.
Michelle's speech which was so good was the anchor for the night. From her retelling of the morning in Jan 2009 when she and Barack loaded their little girls one seven one ten into those big black suvs with all those big men ...with guns... and seeing those tiny faces pressed against the glass and looking at each other and saying "what have we done? "
To the realization that she, a black woman, wakes up every day ...in a house built by slaves. To the current realization that a woman has won the nomination of a major political party. Her speech was a rousing history of progress throughout our history. The important roll that immigrants have played in our development as a country. The people who have chosen to call America home and the diverse talents our ancestors and current immigrants that makes this country great. And I am saying yes great now right now.
Bernie closed the night with his signature speech about grassroots America and his gratitude to all of the folks who were there supporting him. He touched on his platform points and was pleased to confirm which portions have become part of the party platform. He ended with a plea for unity and strong words about the need to elect Hillary.
Day 2 was a this is Hillary Clinton.
The lady who worked to get funds to pay for healthcare for the first responders to 911 in her very first year as a junior senator. When no money had been allocated to the city of N.Y.. How she visited a survivor in the hospital and is still in touch with that person today. From her years in college and her devotion from the very start to children's causes.
It was a night of positive stories of her history and the people she has worked to help in the quiet real life moments where she's taken a hand of someone who needed help and her assurance to that person that she would do what ever she could to effect what changes she could. The changes that have come about to so many lives here and across the globe because of her devotion and hard work. That speaking is the easy part but it's the work that effects the changes that affect lives.

The convention so far has included some but not a lot of talk aimed at trump.
His attitude about Muslims, his embarrassing mocking of a handicapped journalist and a bombshell about how in the days following 911 he wasnt amongst those downtown in the dirt and dust and poisonous fumes. He wasnt in washington working to procure funds for the rebuilding of N.Y. and he wasnt visiting survivors in a hospital. . He was busy filing tax papers that provided 150,000.00 to business hurt in the tragedy . He didn't have a business affected but it was free money. Pocket change really but still an opportunity to make a buck.

All in all its been positive. It certainly has a woman's bent and it was aimed at improving her likeability in not so subtle ways.
At times it was sappy but mostly it was really good really informative.
Many of the stories I was already familiar with but some were new.

Well anyway that's my take.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gwynnhwyfar

At least your voting for a reason valid to yourself. I can't say that for most people here and in the flesh. Vote for who you wish as long as you vote!

edit on 26-7-2016 by JinMI because: ETA: I named my cat after the same animal you named yourself!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Hopefully the day never comes. It is interesting to note that
her childhood cat she named....ISIS.

ISIS is The Egyptian Goddess of Women And Fertility

I had a cat named ISIS too.

Lots of women do.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

There was talk of opening one. I haven't heard there is one.

new topics

top topics

<< 171  172  173    175  176  177 >>

join