It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think Americans deserve to have more choices. Would love it if Bernie took over the green Party. Then, have both Liberterian and Green Party join in the general election debates! Americans need to realize that there are more than 2 parties. Hoping this election could be a launch pad for awakening the 2-way divided voters!

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: MotherMayEye

i hear the FBI just launched a new investigation into the DNC corruption

I think it's an investigation into the hacking, not the DNC's corruption.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

Yeah, It think Bernie should endorse Jill Stein if he's the person he claims to be.

But, it seems, he just another democrat.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders supporters rally, plan to march

PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --
The Democratic National Convention got underway Monday in Philadelphia with much bigger demonstrations than the Republican convention and much higher temperatures as the region copes with an oppressive heat wave.

In one of the largest rallies planned for the day, a pro-Bernie Sanders group is expected to walk across the Ben Franklin Bridge, which connects Camden, New Jersey, with Philadelphia.

The demonstrations, largely driven by Sanders supporters, have been peaceful so far.

At City Hall on Monday morning, a group of about 10 protesters was arranging boxes full of hundreds of spray bottles filled with water to hand out to Occupy DNC Convention marchers later in the day. They'll also have tubs of ice and towels to help cool off protesters, said organizer Jenni Kelleher of Equality Coalition. Her group had backed the candidacy of Sanders but then turned to Green Party candidate Jill Stein after Sanders endorsed Clinton.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I just found this thread thanks to MotherMayEye and my screw up. Thanks for the help Mother.

I don't know if these have been posted but here are some feeds.

A CNN feed.

A police scanner feed.

FOX

I just saw Hillary whine about being held to a higher standard.

To quote, "there is the 'Hillary standard' and the regular standard. She is also "saddened" by the calls to "lock her up.

SMFH

ABH

Does anyone have a good protest feed?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This convention will be very interesting. Clinton and the Democrats needs to conduct a positive, no drama convention in order to get the post-convention bump in the polls they need. It appears that Trump may have gotten a damn good bump so far.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Convention Demonstration Permit Requests

The City expects on average 35,000-50,000 protesters each day across the city. While these demonstrations may cause some road closures, we expect they will be temporary. Be sure to check @PhiladelphiaGov on Twitter or our Convention website for updates from Saturday, July 23, to Thursday, July 28.

Below is a map of the protest zone sites at FDR Park as well as a list of all permits that were requested, including permits approved, denied, or withdrawn.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

a reply to: MotherMayEye

i hear the FBI just launched a new investigation into the DNC corruption

I think it's an investigation into the hacking, not the DNC's corruption.

Ahh ok. You know what i want to see? I want to see sanders withdraw his endorsement tonite during his speech. LIVE lol.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
News is reporting there might be a flare up on the floor challenging Kaine.

Who knows how it will play out though.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I thought that I would stop by and get myself a good laugh for the day.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
News is reporting there might be a flare up on the floor challenging Kaine.

Who knows how it will play out though.

I guess shutting out those 100 bernie supporting delegates wasnt a wise move then.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I would love to see Bernie say this:

"As proven by the DNC emails leaks, Americans never had a chance at a fair democratic process. While they may have done everything in their power to influence your choice of a candidate, they can not take away my right at a fair process. For this reason, I can no longer support the Democratic Party or their preconceived choice of a Presidential candidate choice.

I can no longer support Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee and urge my supporters to vote for the candidate of their choice, whatever party that candidate may belong too"

Now that would be a speech to end all speeches...what is he going to do? Ruin his political career at his age?

edit on R382016-07-25T11:38:35-05:00k387Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R592016-07-25T11:59:49-05:00k597Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The DNC has to maintain a level of decorum and dignity.

Because afterwards, there will be comparisons between the two conventions.

This will be critical.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Ahh ok. You know what i want to see? I want to see sanders withdraw his endorsement tonite during his speech. LIVE lol.

From your keyboard to Bernie's lips! I would love to hear that.

The Bernie delegates are collecting signatures for a roll call. Clinton's press secretary, Brian Fallon, had this to say:

Fallon also said Clinton welcomed a full roll call vote on the nomination Tuesday

We'll see...

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
I would love to see Bernie say this:

"As proven by the DNC emails leaks, Americans never had a chance at a fair democratic process. While they may have done everything in their power to influence your choice of a candidate, they can not take my right at a fair process. For this reason, I can no longer support the Democratic Party or their preconceived choice of a Presidential candidate choice.

I can no longer support Hillary Clinton as the Democratic nominee and urge my supporters to vote for the candidate of their choice, whatever party that candidate may belong too"

Now that would be a speech to end all speeches...what is he going to do? Ruin his political career at his age?

That would be EPIC,but Id bet you they would cut his mike and claim technical difficulties. then hillary would have soemone put a pillow over his head and make it look like age caught up to him like they did the supreme court judge.

(post by UnBreakable removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

I'm really happy to see all the protesting going on at the Convention, well as close as DHS will allow (the silence on that front pisses me off). Republicans for the most part are starting to fall in line with Trump. This could kill the Democrat Party... it's too bad Conservatives were too afraid to kill the Republican Party right along side it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Do you have a feed for the protests Kali?

I have been looking but no luck.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well now this is interesting.

The 'father' of climate change.

Al Gore to skip Democratic National Convention

PHILADELPHIA — Al Gore will not be attending this week’s Democratic National Committee Convention in Philadelphia despite being a Tennessee superdelegate, a spokeswoman for the former vice president said Sunday.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This convention will be very interesting. Clinton and the Democrats needs to conduct a positive, no drama convention in order to get the post-convention bump in the polls they need. It appears that Trump may have gotten a damn good bump so far.

I really think they need to attack Trump relentlessly. IF they just talk about positive stuff it comes down to 'who do you believe' and they leave themselves open to the news cycle... Any police shootings or terror attacks, any bad economic news. I think they would be better being honest about the problems and then making Trump out to be the least qualified to deal with them. I doubt that very many people will come out of the convention thinking 'I was wrong about Hillary'.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join