It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 122
<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Democrats support removing the Confederate battle flag from public properties, recognizing that it is a symbol of our nation's racist past that has no place in our present or our future

I just can't let this slide.

edit on 26-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: introvert

No, that did not happen in the way you envision. Most of the south continued to vote Democrat until they died. It was the younger generation that shifted to the Republicans. Much like anything, they rebelled against their elders as the younger generation rebelled against their Reagen era parents.

Pendulum swings ... back and forth ... with the generations. One day the younger generations will swing back conservative libertarian again because it will be the only way to rebel.

We are already on our way there my friend.

Caitlyn Jenner: It's Easier to Come Out as Trans Than Republican

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

No, that did not happen in the way you envision. Most of the south continued to vote Democrat until they died. It was the younger generation that shifted to the Republicans. Much like anything, they rebelled against their elders as the younger generation rebelled against their Reagen era parents.

You do know that the Dixiecrats broke away from the Dems in the late 1940's because of their opposition to civil rights. When that movement failed, the Republicans swooped in with the Southern Strategy. That is why most of the southern states are red.

Then on top of that you add the work of people like Rev. James Fifield and you see the beginnings of what became the modern Right Wing, pro-business Christian party.

Pendulum swings ... back and forth ... with the generations. One day the younger generations will swing back conservative libertarian again because it will be the only way to rebel.

Rebel?

Sure....

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Racism, bigotry?

Don't the DNC emails show that the dems have been bigoted towards jews, Mexicans?

Or do you just give them a pass?

Gays too.

Forgot about that... So the democrats are racist, homophobic bigots... Well lookie there, that's what they're always calling Republicans.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: neo96

I'm starting to think that Sanders was in it from the start, and it was his job to bring the millennials and far-leftists into the Democratic fold.

But they have turned them off. Bernie becoming a Democrat, bringing in the progressives, and then letting the DNC screw them with party-insider tactics is a lousy plan to bring progressives into the Democratic fold.

Or maybe their plan misfired.

I think it misfired... I think the bigger plan involved the millennials getting on board with Bernie and then Bernie getting screwed by the democrats, and then the millennials bending over like democrats have always done, and giving in...

link   

You do know that the Dixiecrats broke away from the Dems in the late 1940's because of their opposition to civil rights. When that movement failed, the Republicans swooped in with the Southern Strategy. That is why most of the southern states are red.

Bull and CRAP.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
Wow I've never seen the "Democrats are the real racists !" Argument before 🙄😴

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Wow I've never seen the "Democrats are the real racists !" Argument before 🙄😴

Denial ain't just a convention at the WELLS FARGO CENTER in Philly.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Just listened to Elizabeth Warren's speech again.. near the end (i must have missed it last time I watched because she is so boring) she actually said that Hillary will root out the money and corruption from politics. She actually said it - with a straight face. Hilarious.

She's had lots of practice.

But it helps explain why she's not HIllary's running mate.

She's a walking contradiction. You'd have to have a chemical imbalance to know everyone knows you're a liar and then get up there and act like your words mean something.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Yep, you know allll about denial... Keep fighting the good fight against those racist bible bangers

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
LOL.

This woman on CNN stream said ALL '57' states and territories.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

You DO know that is a violation of ATS terms and conditions 15g

RIGHT ?

15g.) Political Baiting: You will not engage in politically-charged rhetoric, politically-inspired name-calling, and related right-versus-left political bickering while Posting in any topical forum or discussion thread on the Websites. You will not alter political candidate names or party affiliations in order to insult or deride the opposition.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
LOL.

I hope the Guam delegation hasn't capsized.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

LOL.

You do not know there are 56 states/territories and a category for US outlying islands, right?
edit on 26-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Yep, you know allll about denial... Keep fighting the good fight against those racist bible bangers

Some people are racist on both the right and the left, but not all are racist.
Racism exists for certain - just look at the different living conditions and opportunity afforded to people.
It's wrong to make it about party affiliation. though.

With the current administration I don't know if it's racism or just apathy, but they have been terrible for the minority communities.
When America starts offering true equal opportunity, and that means proportionally HIGHER investment in inner cities and minority communities for a sustained period of time, you'll know at least that racism is on the wane. Right now you have lots of nice words from the DNC about minorities, but no action. Keep buying that product and you'll get the same result.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

LOL.

You do not know there are 56 states/territories and a category for US outlying islands, right?

Dude.

Please.

A state of the United States of America is one of the 50 constituent political entities that shares its sovereignty with the United States federal government

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
So we kick off again at 4:30ET right?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

LOL.

Dude.

Please.

A state of the United States of America is one of the 50 constituent political entities that shares its sovereignty with the United States federal government

en.wikipedia.org...

You left out the territories.

Why?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

a reply to: UnBreakable

Funny, because George Wallace's own daughter compared Trump to her Dad.

Except she said at least her Dad knew what the hell he was doing in office.

I'm not arguing the point. The Dem was called out for saying they never had anyone like Trump......they did..............Wallace. Thanks for making my point.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Wouldn't states/territories imply 50 states and some or all territories.

Territories of the United States are sub-national administrative divisions directly overseen by the United States federal government (unlike U.S. states, which share sovereignty with the federal government).

The five major territories are self-governing with locally elected governors and territorial legislatures. Each also elects a non-voting member (or resident commissioner) to the U.S. House of Representatives.

Currently, there are sixteen territories of the United States, five of which are permanently inhabited: Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and American Samoa

new topics

top topics

<< 119  120  121    123  124  125 >>

join