It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 121
<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Just listened to Elizabeth Warren's speech again.. near the end (i must have missed it last time I watched because she is so boring) she actually said that Hillary will root out the money and corruption from politics. She actually said it - with a straight face. Hilarious.

She's had lots of practice.

But it helps explain why she's not HIllary's running mate.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Oh, that old saw. Simple fact of the matter is that you were wrong, just like Keith Ellison was wrong.

It's fact. Look into history. Republicans love to take credit for ending slavery or fighting for Civil Rights... and yet where are those attitudes reflected in their current party? If the party today, was the same party in those days... Republicans would be the ones screaming state's rights and freedom of religion to justify slavery.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

a reply to: Puppylove

I agree on all points... and at the end of the day, I vote for those little victories you mentioned. Those little victories are the things we hold dear when we look back through history. Ending slavery, rights to vote, equality.... people coming together, being more accepting of each other. I vote for those victories. Conservatives/Republicans/ or simply racists and bigots all throughout history vote against such things. They hold us back. If they didn't have such backwards views, maybe we could get past these "obvious" distractions.

You mean like the Republicans voted against both slavery and Civil Rights? Who on earth taught you your history?

Racists wanted slavery, racists were against Civil Rights. Parties change... Racists stay racists.

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ?

The democratic PARTY was created by SLAVE OWNERS.

The 'rebel' flag was created by DEMOCRATS.

The KKK was created by the DEMOCRATS.

BLM was created by the DEMOCRATS.

And the DEMOCRATS fought tooth and nail AGAINST civil rights.

The creator of the hypenated moniker.

The party that has marched minorities out on stage to STAY IN POWER.
edit on 26-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Racist bible banging southern democrats. Which party does racists bible banging represent today? Which party uses states rights or freedom of religion to justify hate? Which party today argues to KEEP the confederate flag atop government buildings.

edit on 26-7-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Which party does racists bible banging represent today?

The DEMOCRAT party.

Democrats believe that everyone deserves the chance to live up to his or her God-given potential. We know that there are barriers standing in the way of that goal, from the enduring scourge of systemic racism to our deeply broken immigration system to discrimination against people on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity—and we are committed to facing those problems and fixing them. Being stronger together means reaching communities that have been left out and left behind for too long, from coal country to Indian Country to neighborhoods held back by multigenerational poverty. In America, we do not tear each other down—we lift each other up.

www.demconvention.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi
Maybe they didn't count on him gathering a devoted following. They were supposed to just transfer to Hillary when he dropped out. Too much of Hillary's past wasn't factored into the equation and voila, we have a revolt.

All of the above were completely foreseeable.

Bernie ran a far left campaign and there's a rich history, in the U.S., of far lefties organizing, uniting, protesting, and rejecting the 'Establishment.' And Hillary was steeped in the email drama when the race began. Supposedly, the results of the email investigation were unpredictable. Which brings me to a point I have been making all along: Why would the DNC put all its eggs on a candidate with a looming, unpredictable FBI investigation...UNLESS they knew the outcome all along?

edit on 26-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You lost that argument. It's okay... let's stick to topic. DNC.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Nope.

That WAS ON TOPIC.

Straight from the DNC platform.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I know, and you know... you avoided what I said. You lost. Your ego can't allow that. We both know. We can move on.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

To do nothing is inexcusable for someone such as yourself, who think themselves to be intellectually superior to everyone else, and yet you wont even vote.

Wow. Now you can read minds and can tell I think myself to be " intellectually superior to everyone else"?

go VOTE man go VOTE.... that one single vote will say more about your position than all the nonsense and crap you post on here daily... but you can't be bothered to vote can you?

Are you sure you want that? If I were to go the polls on election day, I'm would vote for Hillary. A write in is worthless.

There is nothing worse than a person who sits around all day talking politics and then doesn't even bother to vote.

That is your opinion. I'd be more worried about the person that shouts at others from their ivory tower and judges a persons morality based on their decision to vote.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Not remotely.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Not remotely.

Sure, buddy. It's okay...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Democrats believe that everyone deserves the chance to live up to his or her God-given potential.

Did someone miss that BIBLE BANGIN?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Not remotely.

Actually, they are correct.

After the New Deal and when the Democrats began to side with the Civil Rights movement, there was shift in political affiliations. The Southern Strategy pushed that along and the Dixiecrats shuffled over to the Republicans.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Ending Systemic Racism
Democrats will fight to end institutional and systemic racism in our society. We will challenge and dismantle the structures that define lasting racial, economic, political, and social inequity. Democrats will promote racial justice through fair, just, and equitable governing of all publicserving institutions and in the formation of public policy. Democrats support removing the Confederate battle flag from public properties, recognizing that it is a symbol of our nation's racist past that has no place in our present or our future. We will push for a societal transformation to make it clear that black lives matter and that there is no place for racism in our country.

www.demconvention.com...

When Erasing Symbols of Slavery, Don't Forget the Democratic Party

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I agree on all points... and at the end of the day, I vote for those little victories you mentioned. Those little victories are the things we hold dear when we look back through history. Ending slavery, rights to vote, equality.... people coming together, being more accepting of each other. I vote for those victories. Conservatives/Republicans/ or simply racists and bigots all throughout history vote against such things. They hold us back. If they didn't have such backwards views, maybe we could get past these "obvious" distractions.

You mean like the Republicans voted against both slavery and Civil Rights? Who on earth taught you your history?

Racists wanted slavery, racists were against Civil Rights. Parties change... Racists stay racists.

Yeah RACISTS DO STAY RACISTS.

Now, I can't stand Karl Rove, but I have to give him props. The best was yesterday on Fox where they had some Dem governor railing against Trump and how racist he is. The Dem goes something to the effect "we've never had the likes of Trump in the Dem party". Rove then says "Yes you did. You had George Wallace who was genuinely racist". The gov stuttered and spat, he didn't know what to say. It was classic.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: neo96

Yeah RACISTS DO STAY RACISTS.

Now, I can't stand Karl Rove, but I have to give him props. The best was yesterday on Fox where they had some Dem governor railing against Trump and how racist he is. The Dem goes something to the effect "we've never had the likes of Trump in the Dem party". Rove then says "Yes you did. You had George Wallace who was genuinely racist". The gov stuttered and spat, he didn't know what to say. It was classic.

Trump critics elected SENATOR ROBERT BYRD to congress.

The KKk grandmaster

The current party leaders 'cried' when he died.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Funny, because George Wallace's own daughter compared Trump to her Dad.

Except she said at least her Dad knew what the hell he was doing in office.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No, that did not happen in the way you envision. Most of the south continued to vote Democrat until they died. It was the younger generation that shifted to the Republicans. Much like anything, they rebelled against their elders as the younger generation rebelled against their Reagen era parents.

Pendulum swings ... back and forth ... with the generations. One day the younger generations will swing back conservative libertarian again because it will be the only way to rebel.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What's backwards about Trump's message?

top topics

<< 118  119  120    122  123  124 >>

join