It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
a reply to: introvert

Obviously is it not... you post dozens of times every single day in political threads... dozens....

You won't vote but yet you will disparage the candidates that other people choose as their candidate.

Any political opinion you post is invalid if you do not choose to vote to change the system.

You simply go with the stats quo... which is what is wrong with this country.

In plain english... for someone who posts dozens of times a day in political threads to state they are not even going to vote shows exactly how shallow they are in their beliefs and morals.

Back on topic...

Roll call... will it happen?

A roll call is going to happen... Bernie made it part of his speech yesterday.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Yes I am starting to think this as well. He caved way too easily, it negated his whole platform.

edit:

It makes you wonder, though. If he was in on it the whole time then why would the DNC need to actively suppress his campaign? Maybe he's just soft and throws in the towel too quickly.

edit on 7/26/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: neo96

I'm starting to think that Sanders was in it from the start, and it was his job to bring to the millennials and far-leftists into the Democratic fold.

I have thought that as well. If his job was to bring millennials further to the left, mission accomplished. However, I believe in his message, and the fact is, his message resonated with millennials.
edit on 26-7-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Racism, bigotry?

Don't the DNC emails show that the dems have been bigoted towards jews, Mexicans?

Or do you just give them a pass?

Gays too.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

"Since I am not participating in this charade of an election, and fail to help perpetuate the status quo, I am shallow and immoral? "

Why can't you understand that not voting is participating in this election?

In the worst way possible, you are participating in this election by refusing to allow your voice to be heard at the polls. You profess to be deeply concerned about politics but can't even take two minutes to vote.

No further point in me discussing anything in this thread with you.... you are too shallow and lazy to even vote.

Have a good day.

edit on R032016-07-26T14:03:09-05:00k037Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

We're always going to have a candidate that appears ready to eat babies, and rape puppies. It's all BS to keep people voting one side or the other. The same people control both parties. The reason all these social issues exist is to keep you towing the line. Social issues exist to keep us at odds and corralled while they pass the stuff that really matters in the background.

Gun rights, abortion, the racial divide, all tools to keep us distracted and divided. While they work in unison to work the laws to turn us all into slaves while they bleed us dry.

The leaders on both sides are bigots against all us lesser folk. They all use racial slurs, etc, it's all a matter of which social issues their side of the aisles is supposed to push to keep us playing their game.

The democrats are no less bigoted that the republicans, but it's their job to make you think they are, so you keep the status quo nice and healthy.

Yeah they throw us a bone now and then on social issues, a good ole victory like gay marriage. If they didn't we'd never buy into the bait.
edit on 7/26/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm starting to think that Sanders was in it from the start, and it was his job to bring the millennials and far-leftists into the Democratic fold.

Perhaps - worked if so. At the very least he completely sold out to the 1%

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I'm starting to think that Sanders was in it from the start, and it was his job to bring the millennials and far-leftists into the Democratic fold.

But they have turned them off. Bernie becoming a Democrat, bringing in the progressives, and then letting the DNC screw them with party-insider tactics is a lousy plan to bring progressives into the Democratic fold.

Or maybe their plan misfired.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Why can't you understand that not voting is participating in this election?

In the worst way possible, you are participating in this election by refusing to allow your voice to be heard at the polls.

That is my choice.

It is hypocritical of you to sit upon your high horse of "morality and belief" and arrogantly point fingers at those that wish to do as they please.

No matter what I do, you will not be pleased because of your self-righteous approach to these issues.
edit on 26-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I agree on all points... and at the end of the day, I vote for those little victories you mentioned. Those little victories are the things we hold dear when we look back through history. Ending slavery, rights to vote, equality.... people coming together, being more accepting of each other. I vote for those victories. Conservatives/Republicans/ or simply racists and bigots all throughout history vote against such things. They hold us back. If they didn't have such backwards views, maybe we could get past these "obvious" distractions.

link   

Geez, Neo, stop being such a misogynist. You only hate her because she's a woman.

Now ... where's the eyeroll emote when I need it because that's what the narrative of a Hillary presidency would be, and I'd be right there ... another misogynist.
edit on 26-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

I agree on all points... and at the end of the day, I vote for those little victories you mentioned. Those little victories are the things we hold dear when we look back through history. Ending slavery, rights to vote, equality.... people coming together, being more accepting of each other. I vote for those victories. Conservatives/Republicans/ or simply racists and bigots all throughout history vote against such things. They hold us back. If they didn't have such backwards views, maybe we could get past these "obvious" distractions.

You mean like the Republicans voted against both slavery and Civil Rights? Who on earth taught you your history?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The problem is, they are using those little victories as bait to gain greater victories for themselves. It's a net loss for us.

We need those changes, but not at the expense of freedom for everyone but the elite.

As a trans, it doesn't matter if I'm equal to and accept by the majority, if in becoming so results in the majority and myself being equal as slaves to the few.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

The democrats are no less bigoted that the republicans, but it's their job to make you think they are, so you keep the status quo nice and healthy.

Yeah they throw us a bone now and then on social issues, a good ole victory like gay marriage. If they didn't we'd never buy into the bait.

It's what they do:

"These Negroes, they're getting pretty uppity these days and that's a problem for us since they've got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness.
Now we've got to do something about this, we've got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference... I'll have them ni***rs voting Democratic for the next two hundred years".
---Democrat & President Lyndon Baines Johnson 1963

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

You mean like the Republicans voted against both slavery and Civil Rights? Who on earth taught you your history?

Racists wanted slavery, racists were against Civil Rights. Parties change... Racists stay racists.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just listened to Elizabeth Warren's speech again.. near the end (i must have missed it last time I watched because she is so boring) she actually said that Hillary will root out the money and corruption from politics. She actually said it - with a straight face. Hilarious.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Quit being stupid.

You can go to the polls and write in Elmer J. Fudd if you can't find anyone you like in the current field.

To do nothing is inexcusable for someone such as yourself, who think themselves to be intellectually superior to everyone else, and yet you wont even vote.

go VOTE man go VOTE.... that one single vote will say more about your position than all the nonsense and crap you post on here daily... but you can't be bothered to vote can you?

Done.. I will not reply to any response you type.... you are WRONG not to vote not matter what you say and it makes you look exactly like the hypocrite you are. Period.

There is nothing worse than a person who sits around all day talking politics and then doesn't even bother to vote.

edit on R142016-07-26T14:14:44-05:00k147Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Racism, bigotry?

Don't the DNC emails show that the dems have been bigoted towards jews, Mexicans?

Or do you just give them a pass?

Gays too.

And Blacks.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

But they have turned them off. Bernie becoming a Democrat, bringing in the progressives, and then letting the DNC screw them with party-insider tactics is a lousy plan to bring progressives into the Democratic fold.

Or maybe their plan misfired.

I'm thinking misfire. I don't know if Bernie was in on it or not but let's say he was for arguments sake. So, he was supposed to bring millennials into the Democrat fold and he did. Maybe they didn't count on him gathering a devoted following. They were supposed to just transfer to Hillary when he dropped out. Too much of Hillary's past wasn't factored into the equation and voila, we have a revolt.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oh, that old saw. Simple fact of the matter is that you were wrong, just like Keith Ellison was wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join