It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 119
<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

No the status quo is the enemy, that includes both the republican party and the democratic. As long as we play ping pong back and forth between the two parties, we'll never win.

Trump can win whether you stand with the democratic party or not. Same with Clinton can win whether people stand with the republican party or not. The only way real change can occur is when people stop standing with these two parties.

You have a good chance for Trump to get in either way, but one way, even if Trump gets in, you've helped push real change.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

In the words of Sarah Silverman.

They are being ridiculous.

Yeah, by not jumping on a corrupt band wagon. It's not a solution to the problems.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Freedom of speech is not limited to those that participate in this election.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

No the status quo is the enemy, that includes both the republican party and the democratic. As long as we play ping pong back and forth between the two parties, we'll never win.

Trump can win whether you stand with the democratic party or not. Same with Clinton can win whether people stand with the republican party or not. The only way real change can occur is when people stop standing with these two parties.

You have a good chance for Trump to get in either way, but one way, even if Trump gets in, you've helped push real change.

Sorry, not convinced that the path of racism, bigotry, isolationism is the change this country needs.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Racism, bigotry?

Don't the DNC emails show that the dems have been bigoted towards jews, Mexicans?

Or do you just give them a pass?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
News just reported that Sanders is going to be sitting in the 'family box'.

He's not going to be on the floor.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Hillary might as well put him in the "family plot".

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Brooke Baldwin.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You just gave him a great opportunity to show nondiscrimination, let's see how he answers, or if he answers.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Obviously is it not... you post dozens of times every single day in political threads... dozens....

You won't vote but yet you will disparage the candidates that other people choose as their candidate.

Any political opinion you post is invalid if you do not choose to vote to change the system.

You simply go with the stats quo... which is what is wrong with this country.

In plain english... for someone who posts dozens of times a day in political threads to state they are not even going to vote shows exactly how shallow they are in their beliefs and morals.

Back on topic...

Roll call... will it happen?

edit on R462016-07-26T13:46:41-05:00k467Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Big picture, not small picture. There will always be a candidate in the democratic or republican party that looks worse than the other. Yeah you hate Trump, we get it.

I don't like Trump, but I don't like Clinton either. I have never liked any two choices we've had. But I voted lesser evil. And every single time, we still get screwed by the lesser evil.

Whether Trump or Clinton wins, there's a 100% chance we are screwed over. It's just a matter of which you feel will screw you more.

I'm not going to keep supporting this, why are you?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Racism, bigotry?

Don't the DNC emails show that the dems have been bigoted towards jews, Mexicans?

And blacks. They were laughing over the name LaQueenie... Lol. The same people would chastise Republicans for laughing over it though.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: primespickle
Republican or Democrat doesn't matter anymore. The entire system is rigged and there is proof now. It is no longer just a wacky idea by conspiracy theorists.

I kind of resent this.

I've had proof the two parties are in collusion to rig elections for five years. No one wants to hear that truth.

I can assure you this *new* proof is not superior to what I already uncovered. Just because the media and partisan voters don't want to expose the truth, it doesn't mean the truth was wacky until now.

Also, I've been registered 'Unaffiliated' for 8 years and have fully committed myself to never voting for a two-party candidate ever again.

Fool me ONCE. I will not be fooled again.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

They finally got him into the corral.

I wonder if he will have higher security around him (to keep him there).

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Racism, bigotry?

Comparing private emails to a party platform.... You have one eye strained open, doing mental gymnastics, with the other eye tightly closed.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

They finally got him into the corral.

I wonder if he will have higher security around him (to keep him there).

Then after the convention he will be put out to pasture.

His career is over.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

you post dozens of times every single day in political threads... dozens....

Yes, I do. ATS is a forum where people post their opinions on a variety of topics. I shouldn't have to explain that to you.

You won't vote but yet you will disparage the candidates that other people choose as their candidate.

I am also positive towards candidates. The problem you have, is that I am not positive to the one you want me to be.

Any political opinion you post is invalid if you do not choose to vote to change the system.

That is is your personal opinion. Just as it is the opinion of myself and others that your opinion on these matters is invalid because you have proven yourself to be unable to correctly asses certain situations. You lost credibility after your Hillary email indictment disaster.

You simply go with the stats quo... which is what is wrong with this country.

There is a lot more wrong with this country than the "stats quo"

In plain english... for someone who posts dozens of times a day in political threads to state they are not even going to vote shows exactly how shallow they are in their beliefs and morals.

Since I am not participating in this charade of an election, and fail to help perpetuate the status quo, I am shallow and immoral?

Well, ok. I thought voting or abstaining from voting was our right as citizens. I never knew it was a litmus test on morality and beliefs.

Which it is not. You're being absurd. It's hard to take you seriously when you use such laughable hyperbole.
edit on 26-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Racism, bigotry?

Comparing private emails to a party platform.... You have one eye strained open, doing mental gymnastics, with the other eye tightly closed.

So you're giving democrat leadership a pass on the racism thing then.

Ok.

But any accusations you ever make again will be astoundingly hypocritical. In fact, any attempt by anyone on the DNC side pretty much just ruined their "race card" by being complete racists.

This is getting to be fun!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I am looking at big picture. I respect your opinion, I really do. I just disagree. I want change. I'm no fan of Hillary, but Trump, and this continual backwards direction Republicans insist on going. They need to abandon their racist and anti-science element. They are just to FN backwards. Last time we had a Republican president it was the worst time in recent history. 3000 people dying on 9/11, a false war started, a redefining of torture, and a tanked economy on exit. What is it they said... Never forget? I never will.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm starting to think that Sanders was in it from the start, and it was his job to bring the millennials and far-leftists into the Democratic fold.

edit on 26-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 116  117  118    120  121  122 >>

join