It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 114
<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

edit on 26-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
Can this possibly be true?

Hillary Clinton Cancels DNC Floor Vote

I know why they would want to do this, it just boggles the mind how messed up the DNC is right now and they seem to making all the wrong moves...

SMH if true...

Is it true Bernie only needed 300 signatures to prevent this...but did nothing?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
TV Ratings: DNC Opener with Michelle Obama tops RNC Launch

Night one of the DNC suffered no shortage of star power. First Lady Michelle Obama, one-time candidate Bernie Sanders and party golden boy Cory Booker were among those who turned out to shill for Hillary Clinton. It follows a RNC that many called out for an uninspired roster of speakers.

So ... about 500,000 more Americans tuned in to watch the DNC. Hey, isn't about the same number of popular votes that Gore won over GW in 2000?

Coincidence?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I have no clue, still waiting to see more information....

Last I heard on MSM was a story saying that the DNC and Sanders were trying to hash out how to approach the roll call vote..

Absolutely nothing like that reddit with the video of what appeared to be a very disappointed Bernie supporter...

things that make you go hmmmm

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

The 2nd video is clearly edited to falsify what Clinton said.

Mods?

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Labels are difficult to read...Can you give a color code to the chart? Blow up sections?

Right-click and view image/open in new tab, that should let you blow it up to legible size. Or it does for me.

I'll see if I can find the source docs used to generate this, it's not mine. I just found it out and about on the interwebz.

link   

LOL.

A whole 4.5 million!

2016: Over 4 nights, a combined 44.59 million people watched the 2016 Republican National Convention across CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. 11.68 million of those viewers were A25-54, 26.2 percent of the total.

www.adweek.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
That's ok. Trump leads by 8+ points in a 538 forecast (not a poll, but take a look).

"Who will win the presidency?
Chance of winning

FiveThirtyEight
Hillary Clinton
45.8%
Donald Trump
54.2%"
politicalticker.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   

edit on 26-7-2016 by neo96 because: nevermind

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Latest news: Sanders will Nominate Clinton Ahead of Vote

To try and quell the booing, and attempt at gaining more support
for Clinton....

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Wow.

Gotta be pretty desperate to use a video like that as evidence.

250,000 more votes for Clinton....I think. Not sure how that BS works.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Night one of the DNC suffered no shortage of star power. First Lady Michelle Obama, one-time candidate Bernie Sanders and party golden boy Cory Booker were among those who turned out to shill for Hillary Clinton. It follows a RNC that many called out for an uninspired roster of speakers.

So ... about 500,000 more Americans tuned in to watch the DNC. Hey, isn't about the same number of popular votes that Gore won over GW in 2000?

Coincidence?

I sure hope so. There's more registered Dems than Reps in this country.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If the first night is any indication, the DNC will once again far outstrip the RNC ratings:

Republican Convention Falls Short of TV Ratings Expectations

"It did not live up to the hype."

By comparison ...

Ratings: Democratic National Convention Night One Draws Bigger Early Ratings Than RNC - Variety

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Wow.

Do you mean like the DNC did last nite with their EDITED videos of TRUMP ?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
hi everyone.

I want to share a profound revelation I just had:

Yesterday, I drove from Denver east to Kansas City. Six hundred miles. I had to listen to local radio broadcasts, because I had not brought recorded music, nor an audio-book. It was old-skool roadtrip....

leaving Denver, of course you have a couple of Public Radio stations - one that plays classical music, and one that does the news and talk shows.....

that signal reaches out to about Limon. But beyond that, you get only a handful of FM band broadcasts - a God-tunes thing, a Scripture thing, a Country Oldies, and a New Country. On AM, you have only local radio personalities or taped shows: Alex Jones, Limbaugh, and Bryan Fischer.......

there is no "alternative" to these broadcasts. If you didn't bring your own entertainment, you are stuck with it. Since I wanted to listen to something to pass the time, I put on my mental armor and jumped in....

just so I would be able to relate to what some of our members here are exposed to - they are exposed to right-wing conservative conspiracy Bible-quoting hysteria. And nothing else.

In fact, during the 400 miles between Metropolitan Public Radio outlets (there was a High Plains Public Radio, but it was still just music and farm reports and a 5-minute brief newscast every half hour) - there was NO in-depth analysis or discussion at all that was not Limbaugh, local personalities, Jones, or Fischer. Nope.

Farm futures, pork and oil prices, Board of Trade data.....

or God, Bible, Limbaugh, Jones, or Fischer.

I actually believed, until just now, that the wikileaks had destroyed the DNC - I fell for it! When just now I got online to fact-check and read more in-depth, I see that the situation has been inflated into a hysterical bunch of crap. I feel really sorry for you folks who actually don't know where else to look, or how to achieve a balance between conservative propaganda delivered as "truth" and "The [Demonic Evil Commie] Left" (they kept using that interchangeably with "Satan" and "demons")

"The Left," they growl. "The Left," they moan and you can picture them flinging their hands up into the air. "The Left," they snarl with menace in their voices.....gravelly and their eyes squinted in disdain......

And then, I get home, and come to find out -- none of what I heard was actually free of sensationalism. None of it.

Anyway - Michelle Obama's speech was great. I'm glad Debbie is gone, and I'm glad that Roger Ailes is gone, but I'm sad to know that the horrid discord we have on this site is fueled by the media -- and as much by what is NOT ON THE AIR as by what is.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Coincidence?

I sure hope so. There's more registered Dems than Reps in this country.

True ... last total I heard was about 45 Million Democrats to 23 Million Republicans registered.

However, all recent polls show that Independents are now about 41% of all registered voters.

EDIT: I wanted to check my memory, and so offer a bit more updated information:

As of October 2014, Gallup polling found that 43% of Americans identified as Democrats and 39% as Republicans, when party "leaners" were included; those figures changed to 41% Democratic and 42% Republican after the November 2014 elections. However, an earlier 2013 Gallup survey found that 42% of Americans identified as political independents, a record high.

Political Party Strength in the US
edit on 26-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: introvert

Wow.

Do you mean like the DNC did last nite with their EDITED videos of TRUMP ?

Sure. I find it odd that you try to take shots the Democrats and the Left, but instead you end up comparing yourself to the DNC.

Serious question: Do you stop and think about what you are about to post, before you post it?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
That's ok. Trump leads by 8+ points in a 538 forecast (not a poll, but take a look).

"Who will win the presidency?
Chance of winning

FiveThirtyEight
Hillary Clinton
45.8%
Donald Trump
54.2%"
politicalticker.com...

LOL ... yeah, Nate Silver discussed the convention bounce...

But one method to measure the convention bounce is to look at FiveThirtyEight’s now-cast, our estimate of what would happen in an election held today. We don’t usually spend a lot of time writing about the now-cast because — uhh, breaking news — the election is scheduled for Nov. 8. The now-cast is super aggressive, and can overreact to small swings in the polls.

and he went on to say that ...

On the one hand, the conventions are not a particularly good time to sweat every tick in the polls. Instead, they tend to be one of the less accurate times for polling. Historically, it’s unusual for candidates not to at least pull into a rough tie after their party convention — John McCain and Sarah Palin did so in 2008, for example, and even Walter Mondale led a couple of polls in 1984. But those bounces do not always turn out to be predictive.

Election Update - fivethirtyeight.com

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Doesn't mean squat...

A LOT of people are only watching just to see the DNC meltdown,,,it is great entertainment,, in no way does that mean all viewers support Clinton.

Plus as noted, there are more registered dems than repubs...

means nothing really.

top topics

<< 111  112  113    115  116  117 >>

join