It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Building a Clean Energy Economy We are committed to getting 50 percent of our electricity from clean energy sources within a decade, with half a billion solar panels installed within four years and enough renewable energy to power every home in the country. We will cut energy waste in American homes, schools, hospitals, and offices through energy efficient improvements; modernize our electric grid; and make American manufacturing the cleanest and most efficient in the world. These efforts will create millions of new jobs and save families and businesses money on their monthly energy bills. We will transform American transportation by reducing oil consumption through cleaner fuels, vehicle electrification increasing the fuel efficiency of cars, boilers, ships, and trucks. We will make new investments in public transportation and build bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure across our urban and suburban areas. Democrats believe the tax code must reflect our commitment to a clean energy future by eliminating special tax breaks and subsidies for fossil fuel companies as well as defending and extending tax incentives for energy efficiency and clean energy

www.demconvention.com...

Yay more Solyndra's!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Democrats are committed to closing the Halliburton loophole that stripped the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) of its ability to regulate hydraulic fracturing, and ensuring tough safeguards are in place, including Safe Drinking Water Act provisions, to protect local water supplies. We believe hydraulic fracturing should not take place where states and local communities oppose it. We will reduce methane emissions from all oil and gas production and transportation by at least 40 to 45 percent below 2005 levels by 2025 through common-sense standards for both new and existing sources and by repairing and replacing thousands of miles of leaky pipes. This will both protect our climate and create thousands of good-paying jobs.

www.demconvention.com...

YAY!

$15 bucks a gallon gasoline!!

Sucks if you can't afford a 'green' car.
edit on 26-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Securing Environmental and Climate Justice

Democrats believe clean air and clean water are basic rights of all Americans. Yet as we saw in Flint, Michigan, low-income communities and communities of color are disproportionately home to environmental justice “hot spots,” where air pollution, water pollution, and toxic hazards like lead increase health and economic hardship. The impacts of climate change will also disproportionately affect low-income and minority communities, tribal nations, and Alaska

ETA: the bottom got cut off:

Native villages—all of which suffer the worst losses during extreme weather and have the fewest resources to prepare. Simply put, this is environmental racism.

www.demconvention.com...

Climate Justice !!!!!

Dear GOD in heaven

The planet is RACIST !!

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Schedule for today ..........

A great agenda as always.

Tuesday July 26 | 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ET

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

OVERNIGHT: Higher ‘no-scale’ wall built outside DNC arena

LINK

The unwashed masses were getting a little too close to the convention center for the DNC’s liking, so they built another wall to keep out the undesirables.

Fox News reported on Tuesday that the Democratic National Convention hastily erected another wall overnight to protect the Wells Fargo Center — the second such wall.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

"Republican efforts to fuel division in the democratic party is not working."

Doesn't have to,,, the revealed DNC emails have done more than enough to destroy any shred of integrity that the DNC had left, unless of course you subscribe to the theory that Trump and Putin have a mutual agreement to hack into the DNC server and release all that information solely to benefit Trump.

Then of course... the DNC email are meaningless...because Russia...DUH!!!!

Personally I love it when people talk about...oh it was the russians....they want to influence our elections...yada yada yada...

You know what? I do not care if the emails had been released by ISIS, the Russians, the Chinese, my neighbor Bob down the street....

Doesn't matter... if the released information shows clear evidence of a crime, then those people should be prosecuted regardless of who releases it or why the information is released.

edit on R022016-07-26T11:02:24-05:00k027Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R052016-07-26T11:05:54-05:00k057Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You know refrigerators are more dangerous than ISIS.

Cmon neo.......

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Shock poll: Nate Silver’s election forecast now has Trump winning

www.salon.com...

It may not be a post-RNC bounce, but political analyst and statistician Nate Silver’s latest forecast of the presidential election shows Donald Trump leading Hillary Clinton with a shocking 15 percentage point-greater chance of winning if the general election were held today.

My estimation of this election is that Hillary can lose, but not from the angle most people think—that is the corrupt crooked Hillary. No, Hillary’s weakness in my opinion is her lack of a coherent dynamic message. Trump has one, whether you like it or not, but Hillary’s is kind of weak. In fact, I really don’t know what it is.

In my opinion to attach herself to Obama is a prescription to a possible loss.

Hillary’s strength is in Trump weakness but Trump’s strength is in not only Hillary’s weakness but also Trump more coherent, albeit noxious to many, message.

If you look at most successful democratic victories they usually depend on message: Carter in 1976: truthfulness; Clinton in 1992: Change; Obama in 2008, Hope and change, what is Hillary’s?

There is her vulnerability and there is were Trump may have a space for an upset

edit on 26-7-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Damn.

You guys obsess much or what?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Ready for day 2 of the Democratic National Convention!

edit on 26-7-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

You're kidding right? Show me even a single video clip that displays ego masturbation on any level like what Trump showers his audience with at EVERY opportunity.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Yes. It's called democracy, maturity, and common sense.

Oh yeah they sure do love democracy don't they.

So much they steam rolled over a guy named Sanders to get their way.

Did you see a gun held to his head last night when he was making his speech? What happened in the DNC is absolutely inexcusable( if by some chance that is what you are referring to.) I love Sanders, but he wasn't going to win, and if he had, he would have brought new meaning to "lame duck President". He would have been impotent.

Much like my posts to you.

The Gun was out of sight. They arent stupid enough to have witnesses when he suddenly dies of"a pillow, umm Natural causes" In his sleep.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Ready for day 2 of the Democratic National Convention!

It appears there was a LOT of work cleaning up the filth left behind by the environmentally friendly crowd on day 1.

Do what I say not what I do......

link   

Protecting Our Public Lands and Waters

Democrats believe in the conservation and collaborative stewardship of our shared natural heritage: the public lands and waterways, the oceans, Everglades, Great Lakes, the Arctic, and all that makes America’s great outdoors priceless. As a nation, we need policies and investments that will keep America’s public lands public, strengthen protections for our natural and cultural resources, increase access to parks and public lands for all Americans, protect native species and wildlife, and harness the immense economic and social potential of our public lands and waters.

www.demconvention.com...

So no private ownership of land.

Well that's mighty authoritarian.

This platform is frightening.

Nothing but a massive power grab from all sectors.

link   
"Clinton Foundation questions hang over Dem convention start, pols seek probe"

www.foxnews.com...

A group of 64 House Republicans, in a letter, has asked the FBI, the Internal Revenue Service and the Federal Trade Commission to examine the dealings of the foundation, alleging “criminal conduct” and describing it as a “pay to play” enterprise.

The letter, sent July 15 though not widely reported at the time, focuses primarily on three unresolved controversies, brought up by Peter Schweizer’s book, “Clinton Cash” and New York Times reporting in 2015. They involve the inconsistencies with the foundation’s initial 501(c)(3) filing; the sale of a company called Uranium One; and the Clintons’ ties with Laureate International Universities, a for-profit education company.

And the drum plays on.... looks like the FBI investigation clock is still going tick tock tick tock.
edit on R162016-07-26T11:16:33-05:00k167Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Will tonight's speakers include families of slain police officers?

I think some slain police were Democrats.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Will tonight's speakers include families of slain police officers?

I think some slain police were Democrats.

I don't think they will.

That would be in total violation of putting criminals on stage.

ETA: Fox is saying no on widows and orphans of slain police officers.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: yuppa

You're kidding right? Show me even a single video clip that displays ego masturbation on any level like what Trump showers his audience with at EVERY opportunity.

Oh no. Pelosis ego is easily displayed. Look at her own personal passenger aircraft she uses. Thats a greta example of her ego. or..We have to pass it before we know whats in it.

HIllary. HIllarycare?

Obama: We won. you lost deal with it. Egotistical much?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think this might bear some consideration:

Just an idea of where the money is coming from and how it gets it's destination.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Bill Clinton is scheduled to speak tonight.

I bet he endorses Hillary on behalf of the Clinton Foundation.

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join