It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 108
<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I was really hoping Bernie was serious about 'Revolution' against the status quo! I still held out hope for his supporters that he would sign up with Stein and take his revolution to November. Sigh.

I had liked him in the beginning until he debated in Michigan. That is when he really began pandering, instead of only speaking the truth. I am going to vote for Johnson. I do believe that he has a more unifying approach in politics for Americans. I don't agree with everything about his views...but my trust factor meter goes up to 98% for believing he is what he is. Trump and Clinton...egad...they are just pandering and I have no trust they will even do anything they claim! Stein...she really doesn't have a great platform, though I am sure that would have changed if Bernie had signed up!

Edit add: watching both of these conventions it has to be obvious to all voters that many will say whatever they have to just to get your vote! Both sides were split...but come the conventions...they walk on stage and double speak themselves!

edit on 7 26 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Is it that or was this just a pretty bit of theatre designed to show the world that the Democrats do unify?

Think about it and add some tinfoil.

They start the evening on a disaster with raucous protests outside and in; then as the evening wears on they gradually weed those dissenting voices out ending with a strong sham, er, show of unity with the strong voice of opposition bending knee and pledging fealty to the queen? Voila! Unity! We are all together! Look, America, we can unite, not divide!

I guess we'll know more about that as the show goes forward.
edit on 26-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   
DNC convention first night speeches. 61 total speeches, zero mention of ISIS. Maybe if you ignore they exist, the problem will fix itself and go away.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
DNC convention first night speeches. 61 total speeches, zero mention of ISIS. Maybe if you ignore they exist, the problem will fix itself and go away.

Meanwhile, ISIS is attacking a French church...during Mass...taking hostages and beheading a priest.
edit on 26-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Fun how Michelle O., last night, said: "Don't let anyone ever tell you this country isn't great".
When in '08 when hubby was elected, she said: "For the First Time in My Adult Lifetime, I'm Really Proud of My Country"

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Maybe someone can help me out.

Who in the DNC was using the term, "Taco Bowl" when they were referring to Hispanics?

Was it Debbie Wasserman Schultz, was it Hillary?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: interupt42

Bernie took the high road. He could have singlehandedly torn the party apart. He could have. Trump would have. Bernie considered the people and the future. He took the high road.

And this is exactly what is wrong with our Country.

The parties NEED to be torn apart.

The corruption on BOTH sides is suffocating.

You really think keeping the 'party' together is a good thing at this point?

You think the Federal government is doing a fine job working FOR the people?

He ran on a anti corruption platform, and now he supports the epitome of American corruption.

I don't understand the mental gymnastics required to think Hillary is a good thing for anyone but Hillary.

How exactly did she get to be so rich??

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Who in the DNC was using the term, "Taco Bowl" when they were referring to Hispanics?

DNC email from leak:

DNC Email Refers to Latino Voters as ‘Taco Bowl Outreach’

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 26-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Thanks.

And they call Trump racist and xenophobic.

This convention is a sham, worse than even the republican one.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I am thinking it was a reference to the photo of Trump eating that taco bowl on Cinco de Mayo. I don't recall who said it but a search of the leaked emails turns up 58 results for 'taco bowl.'

ETA: I see IAMTAT has a link with all the deets...
edit on 26-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Who in the DNC was using the term, "Taco Bowl"

An email from Rebecca Christopher at the DNC contains the reference. I don't know if there are more in order to show who started it or how wide spread.
edit on 7/26/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Overall, it was a good first night.

We will see what else is in store.

I expect the Right Wing to go full meltdown tonight considering the speakers.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

An email from Rebecca Christopher at the DNC contains the reference. I don't know if there are more in order to show who started it or how wide spread.

It also doesn't show the context in which it was said. It could have been meant to mock Trump.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Overall, it was a good first night.

We will see what else is in store.

I expect the Right Wing to go full meltdown tonight considering the speakers.

Overall, the first night on the Titanic was a good night.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They start the evening on a disaster with raucous protests outside and in; then as the evening wears on they gradually weed those dissenting voices out ending with a strong sham, er, show of unity with the strong voice of opposition bending knee and pledging fealty to the queen? Voila! Unity! We are all together! Look, America, we can unite, not divide!

Read em and weep ketsuko

:-)

still plenty of time for your dark lord to gain more traction - it ain't over til it's over

It's just a ginormous pep rally at this point - now the debates

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I was so bored I had to go to bed, but caught up this morning on the later speeches.
Silverman and Warren speeches were a disaster.
I thought Michelle Obama and Bernie spoke well (even though Bernie sold out)

Overall the first day was a humiliation for the DNC, with scandal and booing of their nominee and speakers being outright ignored. That along with the DNC threatening Bernie delegates and confiscating signs makes this a night to forget.

They will be hoping for a much better night tonight.

Most cringe worthy of all though has to be Silverman lol (or Warren being subjected to chants of "we trusted you" )

shambles.

edit on 26/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I am thinking it was a reference to the photo of Trump eating that taco bowl on Cinco de Mayo. I don't recall who said it but a search of the leaked emails turns up 58 results for 'taco bowl.'

ETA: I see IAMTAT has a link with all the deets...

There are emails where DNC officials refer to Hispanics in a stereotypical way, and plot to harvest them as permanent Democratic voters.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I've lost all hope in this political system. Fraudulence EVERYWHERE.

Lower my taxes substantially and maybe I'll be bothered to waste my time standing in a line to vote for you in November.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

It also doesn't show the context in which it was said. It could have been meant to mock Trump.

It seems to be about the ad used showing Trump with the bowl. I think people just jumped to a conclusion that it was some internal racist talk.

edit:

I can see why it is referred to as taco bowl since the picture's main feature was a taco bowl.
edit on 7/26/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It seems to be about the ad used showing Trump with the bowl. I think people just jumped to a conclusion that it was some internal racist talk.

That is my understanding as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 105  106  107    109  110  111 >>

join