It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 104
<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Bernie took the high road. He could have singlehandedly torn the party apart. He could have. Trump would have. Bernie considered the people and the future. He took the high road.

link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Bernie and his supporters know what happened- at the end of the day they have to ask themselves if that anger is worth division and allowing a guy like Trump to take the highest office in the land.

Yes, because Hillary makes trump look like a cub scout. I was Never Trump unless Hillary was the other choice.

link   
You shouldn't wait til you're a senior citizen to sell your soul

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

Pennsylvania is gonna be a tough haul for Trump..

link   
a reply to: stosh64

Whatever gets you through the night stosh

:-)

link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

Bernie took the high road. He could have singlehandedly torn the party apart. He could have. Trump would have. Bernie considered the people and the future. He took the high road.

Your right and that's exactly what he signed up for and why he garnered the support he got. No highroad just sold out.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

Yes because he was completely maligned by the Dems. If the news about the collusion to oust him and paint him in a negative life hadn't come forth I would have way less of a problem with it.

Clinton is going to have a harder time beating Trump than Sanders too. So he sold out and his actions quite possibly cost the dems the election. He was controlled opposition this whole time methinks.

link   

Bernie considered the people and the future. He took the high road.

No he didn't. He p1ssed on his supporters and Fd the future for everyone including republicans. He had a moment to make history and break us out of this corrupted 2 party loop and he blew it.

link   

Make no mistake... Trump is FAR WORSE than Hillary. He has already caused damage to the country through his divisiveness. Elevating him to the world stage-- no way.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

He has already caused damage to the country through his divisiveness.

How?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

As a Bernie Supporter... I guess ex-supporter at this point, I'd rather risk Trump winning then back a single lesser evil candidate again. Besides I'm not convinced Hillary is the lesser evil. I'm voting third party.

I'll die before I do a thing to help the status quo. The status quo is the real enemy here not Hillary or even Trump, and that's what we need to fight.

A vote for the lesser evil is a vote for the oligarchy.
edit on 7/25/2016 by Puppylove because: Spelling Error, thanks Domo1

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

You and me both man. I was rallying agains Clinton and Trump pretty hard at first. I thought Trump was a joke. He's grown on me and I still can't stand Hillary. I think the worst case scenario with Trump is that he just doesn't get anything done.

link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Bernard had his chance to stand up against this... in the end, he folded to the entire BS folks are tired with.....

IMO. Sen Sanders would sleep better at night if he stuck to his vision that garnered so many followers...

Those folks who believed that Bernie represented them...

I wasn't feeling the Bern, but I really respected his campaign... and saw how many folks fell in line and agreed with his platform...

no problem there... this is a free country...

I just feel for the folks... those who feel the same as he did... those who created a serious challenge to the BS status quo HRC effort...

It was disappointing for me, as a fan of the Bernie campaign, but not a supporter, to see him turn on his own supporters and advocate following a candidate that he entered the race to defeat...

I know what the Clintons represent, and I have seen what Sanders represents...

TO tell you the truth, I would rather have a choice of Trump vs Sanders than a Trump vs Clinton

At least with Trump vs Sanders, I would know that I had an option...

NO way in hell I would vote for another Bush or Clinton... thankfully the Bush option is gone...

I really hoped that the Clinton option was gone as well...

Arrggghh! YMMV.

link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Status quo.

link   

Make no mistake... Trump is FAR WORSE than Hillary. He has already caused damage to the country through his divisiveness. Elevating him to the world stage-- no way.

DT hasn't nearly divided the country as much as Obamy has. HRC policy has gotten people killed. She believes she is above you, me and every other American and our laws.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Bernie considered the people and the future. He took the high road.

No he didn't. He p1ssed on his supporters and Fd the future for everyone including republicans. He had a moment to make history and break us out of this corrupted 2 party loop and he blew it.

No, he had opportunity to tear the party apart, and feed anger and division, which would have meant a win for Trump and a loss for all the issues he claimed to care about. He kept his honor.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Bernard had his chance to stand up against this... in the end, he folded to the entire BS folks are tired with.....

IMO. Sen Sanders would sleep better at night if he stuck to his vision that garnered so many followers...

Those folks who believed that Bernie represented them...

I wasn't feeling the Bern, but I really respected his campaign... and saw how many folks fell in line and agreed with his platform...

no problem there... this is a free country...

I just feel for the folks... those who feel the same as he did... those who created a serious challenge to the BS status quo HRC effort...

It was disappointing for me, as a fan of the Bernie campaign, but not a supporter, to see him turn on his own supporters and advocate following a candidate that he entered the race to defeat...

I know what the Clintons represent, and I have seen what Sanders represents...

TO tell you the truth, I would rather have a choice of Trump vs Sanders than a Trump vs Clinton

At least with Trump vs Sanders, I would know that I had an option...

NO way in hell I would vote for another Bush or Clinton... thankfully the Bush option is gone...

I really hoped that the Clinton option was gone as well...

Arrggghh! YMMV.

I couldn't have worded it better so I'll just say ...Umm yea me too!

link   

Make no mistake... Trump is FAR WORSE than Hillary..

Complete hogwash.

1. Trump has not been under FBI Criminal investigation.

2. Trump Did not have to have his spouse talk to the Attorney general in secret , while under a criminal investigation.

3. Trump did not have to have the RNC rigged for him nor did he then go and hire the Head of the RNC after they resigned for unethical reasons to his campaign.

4. Trump has never demonstrated his incompetence for handling state secrets.

5. Trump has not gotten his chance to prove how worthless of a public official he is, like Hillary has already proven.

6. For every slimy thing he has done she out does him.

He is nothing compared to crooked Hillary. LIke I said Hillary and the DNC did the impossible and made trump look like a cub scout in this election.

edit on 13731America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jul 2016 23:13:31 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: JinMI

Bernie was used and cheated. His voters and supporters were cheated. He folded into exactly what he and his supporters were against. That doesn't make him anything but a sellout.

What are you - 12?

This is politics kiddo - and we have a common goal. Time to put personality and personal crap aside

Or - do you just not get that?

I agree with your post that I'm replying to about compromise but there is a line and it has been crossed.

If you listened to anything the man said, you might have heard him talk about the good of the country. I love Bernard - even more tonight if that's possible

link   

But Bernie had other choices. He could have run idependant or green party, or demanded a redo of the primary. Even if trump would win, if he believes triump is as bad as he says it is, he and his movement could have dominated in 4 years.

Now what will happen? He gave in to the very bankers he claims to be against by compromising his stance for their candidate. Now the next cycle, the bankers know that just like always they can put platforms like bernies on hold because they can say you have to vote for their candidate or the republicans will win.

top topics

<< 101  102  103    105  106  107 >>

join