It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 102
<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

right?!!! I think it was a much more classy clash (but the same story-line, ya know!?) than the GOP pulled off. And the tweet from Trump to Bernie....and his mention of the Russian mob whatever......

it's all just so sketchy ------

like "General Hospital" writ large.......

so melodramatic. There HAS TO BE someone else feeding the earbuds of the producers and directors and actors, related to what is supposed to happen. And we haven't even talked about how Ailes and the FOX News people all fit in to this....

it is chaos.

It is bewildering, surreal, and (frankly) unworthy of further time investment.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Well that showed sophistication compared to day one RNC.....

Night nite, don't let the bed bugs, latinos, immigrants, blacks or muslim bite, Stay scared

... but we're not. That meme is getting old.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Sorry - not correct.

But Trump said he would push removing this rule:

Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. Contributions to political campaign funds or public statements of position (verbal or written) made on behalf of the organization in favor of or in opposition to any candidate for public office clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity. Violating this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Feeling pretty good about things tonight

Progressives fighting with each other then coming together to kick some ass always makes me smile

The week is young. Give it a day or so to see if it's more than political theater.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

I like this one

Sarah Silverman thinks we are being ridiculous. You know what's ridiculous? Rigging an election, then insulting the almost half of your electorate that still managed to beat that very same rigged system.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Bernie did what he had to do. He outlined all the legitimate reasons that voters of conscience when faced with a Trump vs Hillary presidency cannot and should not opt for apathy or cynicism and must get out there and vote for the democratic nominee.

link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: introvert

Like I just said....right? Yeah - some of these people never had any exposure to intelligent media, or other schools of thought - they were whelped on Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, et al....

they never got to hear or see things that might have make them wonder about what they'd been spoon-fed. It's kinda funny to watch them imploding over the airwaves as the GOP fell apart, and then admitted having caused the wikileaks and the cheating and the whatever and ted cruz's little girl being flicked and how they are ALL IN ON THIS -----

except for Bernie. And Gary. And Jill.

The rest of them will be handsomely rewarded.....and then fade away......

... what?

It is hilarious to watch you squirm.

Cruz supporters indeed. Sorry that the glaring light of reality has just shone upon your worldview.
I know - it sucks. You just have to grit your teeth, breathe deeply, and realize that you have been misled, and are wrong.....but it isn't your fault. It's the shelter under which you grew up.

I know. It sucks.......

welcome to the 21st century of awareness.
edit on 7/25/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   
It's important to note that the RNC was a hate-fest. They seem to hate everything and everybody, especially Hillary Clinton, which was 90% of the content of that convention.

Tonight, in contrast, the only things that were hated were the very rich, or the 1%, racism, poverty, lack of medical care, and a divided country.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Trump tweeted Debbie Wasserman Shultz job application to the Hillary Campaign. Mad man!

It's more like - they changed her job title to coincide with what she was already doing anyway.

edit on 7/25/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

link   
It wasn't surprising to me that Bernie ran as a Dem, and now came out in support of Hillary who won the Dem ticket. They had many heated debates but he pulled her more to the left. Simply put, Bernie has more in common with Clinton than he does with Trump, and he has been pretty outspoken about his dislike of a Trump presidency and what a disaster he thinks it would be. What surprises me is that people are surprised.

link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

He outlined that he's endorsing someone that is completely against what he's been campaigning about

link   
All the Sell out comments aside. I am happy and sad Bernie endorsed Clinton, but he kept to his word about keeping party unity and not running a third party campaign.

link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
Bernie did what he had to do. He outlined all the legitimate reasons that voters of conscience when faced with a Trump vs Hillary presidency cannot and should not opt for apathy or cynicism and must get out there and vote for the democratic nominee.

Voting Trump is worse than being cheated out of an election. His supporters are cheated. He is cheated. All Democrats have been cheated. All worse than a vote for Trump. Call me crazy but I don't get it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Well that showed sophistication compared to day one RNC.....

Night nite, don't let the bed bugs, latinos, immigrants, blacks or muslim bite, Stay scared

... but we're not. That meme is getting old.

Don't worry they are probably going to update it with the latest DNC lingo.

Night nite, don't let the bed bugs, TacoBowls, Homo, Funny black name people bite, Keep watching Clinton News Network.
edit on 45731America/ChicagoMon, 25 Jul 2016 22:45:26 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Feeling pretty good about things tonight

:-)

Progressives fighting with each other then coming together to kick some ass always makes me smile

It's like makeup sex

link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Did you not watch the DNC? All it was were complaints about Trump and virtue signaling mixed with pandering the likes of which I've never seen.

They wheeled out a disabled chick with foreign parents

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

He shouldn't have after hey broke the agreement by clearly favoring and propping up Hillary the entire time.

They made him look like a fool and he took it.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Sorry - not correct.

But Trump said he would push removing this rule:

Under the Internal Revenue Code, all section 501(c)(3) organizations are absolutely prohibited from directly or indirectly participating in, or intervening in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for elective public office. Contributions to political campaign funds or public statements of position (verbal or written) made on behalf of the organization in favor of or in opposition to any candidate for public office clearly violate the prohibition against political campaign activity. Violating this prohibition may result in denial or revocation of tax-exempt status and the imposition of certain excise taxes.

That is for the organization as a whole. So while the National Baptist Church can not endorse or donate to a candidate, individual Baptist ministers can speak their mind as they see fit.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Like I just said....right? Yeah - some of these people never had any exposure to intelligent media, or other schools of thought - they were whelped on Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Alex Jones, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, et al....

they never got to hear or see things that might have make them wonder about what they'd been spoon-fed. It's kinda funny to watch them imploding over the airwaves as the GOP fell apart, and then admitted having caused the wikileaks and the cheating and the whatever and ted cruz's little girl being flicked and how they are ALL IN ON THIS -----

except for Bernie. And Gary. And Jill.

The rest of them will be handsomely rewarded.....and then fade away......

... what?

It is hilarious to watch you squirm.

Cruz supporters indeed. Sorry that the glaring light of reality has just shone upon your worldview.
I know - it sucks. You just have to grit your teeth, breathe deeply, and realize that you have been misled, and are wrong.....but it isn't your fault. It's the shelter under which you grew up.

I know. It sucks.......

welcome to the 21st century of awareness.

... what?

Seriously... what the heck are you on about?

new topics

top topics

<< 99  100  101    103  104  105 >>

join