It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome One and All to The 2016 Democratic National Convention

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xxspockyxx

Well, as someone who lives in the UK, I don't think people would be particularly impressed if our..uhh, Chancellor I guess? We don't have a Deputy Prime Minister. Well we do sometimes. Well I don't think they'd be happy if the number two guy went around giving speeches in French or German.

Edit: Shadow Chancellor. Kaine isn't Vice President yet, and hopefully never will be.
edit on -050008pm7kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Actually, you said that all hispanics would vote for someone just because that person speaks Spanish.

I'm afraid you are quite missing the true meaning of racism.
BLM seems to have the same confusion.
But this thread is about the convention, so I won't continue trying to explain it to you.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xxspockyxx
Is it though coming from a party of hate?

Tired, worn-out false premise.

You folks on the right are all the same.

Gross over-generalization.

Once our future VP speaks a different language you all assume he is un-American.

Wishful thinking then a flat-out falsehood.
edit on 23-7-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Some things that used to be a "plus" in America, are no longer. Speaking Spanish will turn OFF more Non-Hispanic voters, than turn ON Hispanic voters.

That's why so many people are perplexed by Trump's popularity. They keep viewing things based on what USED TO BE a majority stance. Trump is in touch with the CURRENT Majority. Being able to speak Spanish was something to be proud of at one time.. but it's different now. I've stopped interjecting Spanish words into casual conversations with strangers here in suburban America, because it doesn't go over well. Not anymore...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You are right to an extent, but it kind of depends on where you live. I speak Spanish daily. No problems, when I mess up, they correct me.

It's a great language, and fun to learn.

Still voting Trump though, because you are right again.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

The list of speakers is a joke.
Hit-Girl, a 19 year old actress. I am sure she will have a lot to offer.
Katie Perry a music industry pawn that uses satanic and overly sexual imagery in her music videos.
Lena Dunam, an admitted and unapologetic incestuous child molester and liar.
America Carrera, a weak actress that spent ten years getting a four year degree.
Star Jones, well known for stealing from non-profit groups.
Eva Longoria, who's number one claim to fame is being attractive and a failed restaurant owner.

The list goes on, and it is an utter joke.

I wonder how Bernie feels about speaking after the wikileaked emails have come out. Probably pretty good after getting a nice little payoff/threat to come out and endorse her. Jill Stein's offer was renewed a couple of days ago for Bernie to take the Green Party nomination and platform.

Corruption from top to bottom.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: supremecommander

That is the first time I have ever seen you say something that I agree with.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

I know that list of first day entertainers is soooo lame compared to Scott Baio !
Chachi in Charge forever

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Not a chance, he is just another liar and he proved it by backing Hillary. Jill Stein has repeatedly offered to give Bernie the Green nomination and full control of the party platform from the ground up.

If he was ANYTHING like what he said he was, he would have jumped at the opportunity.

He has not responded.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Yeah I agree.

How are the people in Haiti doing?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Pyle
a reply to: xuenchen

There is nothing wrong with increasing taxes when needed. The GOP stance of never increase taxes is BS through and through. Look at G.H.W.Bush, he was forced to raise taxes and his party booted him out the door even though he did what was needed.

Completely correct. Even Reagan found out the hard way that sometimes you have to raise or impose taxes.

What taxes did he raise? Interesting.

Reagan didn't raise taxes per say. He made it harder to avoid taxes, decreased some federal tax breaks and closed some loopholes.

The end result was that a lot of people ended up paying more in taxes.
Thank you for your reply, I will look up more on the history stuff in the coming weeks

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
It looks like there will be a lonnnngggg list of politicians speaking at the convention.
All of the insiders who don't want the status quo changed.
This sounds.... boring. Who would want to listen to this many politicians?

politics.blog.ajc.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Isn't it a political convention?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

So all of my mexican friends are going to vote for trump because you stop using "Spanish language" in your everyday speech? Get real amigo! You quero Hillary Clinton! Do you speak that language?

Let's get this back to a discussion about the convention and not about your racism please.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join