It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Hillary Clinton

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
People should be allowed to vote for who they want without being demonized.

Gary Johnson is a tardy turtle in my opinion. I wanted to vote for him until I read more about him. Jill Stein is terrible. Clinton is a nightmare with a daughter that looks like a mare, I don't trust Trump, Sanders is a candyass sellout.

I know elections are always bad, but come on.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: crazyewok

(((applause)))

That's exactly it. If that's how we all voted, we wouldn't be getting such horrible choices from the two major parties.

But, since both parties can depend upon folks voting for D or R, regardless of who they are...well, this is what we get.

Thats how I voted for my local MP and how many in my area did.
We ignored the party tag and instead voted on the person and qualifications.

Although im in the south my constituency was traditionaly labor (blair party ). He was a pretty useless POS the local MP.

Current MP though conservative is a very hard working lady that even though on maternity leave got voted 2nd in dedication to her constancy. Which is sad when a women supposedly off on leave for 9 months beats 600+ other. MPs!

So she has a lot of support left and right in my area.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

a reply to: efabian

Go ahead and pretend that if you wish. Try not to stoop to petty insulting diatribe in the process, eh?

If I vote for Johnson, which I am, no matter what kind of mathematical chicanery you pull out, it doesn't somehow change it to a vote for Trump, or a vote for Clinton...it remains a vote for Johnson.

Sorry 'bout that.

Apologies for the initial cattiness.

The issue here is that Math decides that, not you or how you try to look at it.
The math says it influences the vote, math is never wrong.
Hence, we can conclude that it influences the vote based on the premise.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

If enough folks put that thumb in the eye, rather than somewhere else, who knows what might happen... Right?

I can only be the 'thumb in the eye' change I want to see. I don't vote. A vote for either 'side' is a vote for continuing the status quo. I know you've heard Sir Georges take on it. ***Language warning***

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Vote trump, you literally found flaws in everyone but him. You simply said you don't trust him.

Remember, Barry O, and George Dubya had the helms, and while they succeeded in crashing the US they didn't succeed in killing it.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Not a problem, my friend. In return for your apology, you've mine.

I make no claim to mathematical genius, so maybe...?

Just don't expect me to admit it.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

If they work hard, and listen when it's time to listen? I can't have a problem with that. Too bad that those seem to further and further far apart.

That's kinda up to us, isn't it. Hard workin' lady who does her job is rewarded, maybe others can learn from her example.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Without being demonized. That's why it's a secret ballot. Vote for whomever you choose, while I may disagree, I certainly wouldn't ostracize you for it. Not all that many would, really.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

If they work hard, and listen when it's time to listen? I can't have a problem with that. Too bad that those seem to further and further far apart.

That's kinda up to us, isn't it. Hard workin' lady who does her job is rewarded, maybe others can learn from her example.

Sad thing is she is shuffled to the back benches and givin the unglamorous jobs to do by the establishment politicians.
edit on 23-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

As long as you all who vote for know that's she's doing all she can, who cares what the morons think? Eventually, they'll have to bring her forward. Assuming she doesn't get frustrated/corrupted...but that's up to you guys to help her not be.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I don't think not voting is a good idea, but it is a thumb, I suppose, of sorts.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Haha, no problem.
And I do understand the importance of having additional options in politics and why it's important to have the support to pass the % threshold so the party can have funding next time around.

That would be good for a little balance.
edit on 23-7-2016 by efabian because: redundancies

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I am voting for the person that has the best policy and direction.

I am a classical liberal and GJ is the closest to that.

Trump and Hillary are way too authoritarian.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Gary Johnson seems high in literally every video I've ever seen him in.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Hopefully Gary Johnson ends the drug war.

The cartels are becoming billionaires off of us.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
My vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for Gary Johnson as simple as that. I wouldnt be able to feel right with myself voting for either Clinton or Trump to run this country. Gary is more along with what I believe and I believe he is an overall better person than either of the two. If you really wanted to say they were taking away from someone..if you look at polls where clinton and trump were the only options, then they add in gary johnson as a choice. Hillary's numbers go down more than Trump. There are a lot of voters just holding their nose and voting for someone because they arent the other, and a lot of people who refuse to work for either. I'd say more than potentially ever before. There a lot of potential people that Gary Johnson could tap into.

A poll taken of 4500 active duty Military Officers done by popular military figure "Doctrine Man" had the following results:
Johnson 38.7%
Trump 30.9%
Clinton 15.3%

A current internal poll just released by Mia Love a Republican from Utah had the following results:
Trump - 29%
Clinton - 27%
Johnson - 26%

Within the margin of error, I believe Johnson can take New Mexico. I think he is in position to take other states as well.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

Just like Cruz called for people to vote their conscience, there are a lot of conservatives who will not vote Trump because it would go against their principals. They would rather sit through 4 years of Clinton then have their name, their parties name associated with a Trump presidency.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I can respect that, one should go with whom resembles our own personal direction.

If there is logical and legal reasoning behind the statements people bring forward, no problem with me.
Hell, I can agree in eating babies if you argument it flawlessly. (I joke)

When the argument is just based on perceived realities, then sometimes I call it out.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: Vector99

Hopefully Gary Johnson ends the drug war.

The cartels are becoming billionaires off of us.

I agree, the war on drugs is a joke, and a really bad one at that.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AutOmatIc

But it's also a vote taken from Trump who has the only snowballs chance to keep Hillary out of the White House.
Actually, I disagree that Trump has little chance of obtaining the Presidency.

But voting for Johnson (my party's candidate) is neither a vote for Clinton or Trump. It is, as has been pointed out, a vote for Johnson. Although I don't hold with the notion, it could also be viewed as a vote against the other two candidates.

I would not vote before voting for either Trump or Clinton. I will vote.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join