It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question....why wouldn't you vote third party?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

interesting i do appreciate you posting some views from both ends of the spectrum however i think the system all together just needs to be revamped! until then i wont be voting and participating in something that i see as ineffective

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
does anyone think that trump will be like a bush 2.0. while he may be good at speaking and persuading people and "sounding" smart i feel like once he gets into office he will be like a monkey with its thumb up its butt.
edit on 23-7-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I'd vote third party, but.........its pointless and the reason its pointless is because what this race is really all about is the Democrat Party "Machine" v. Donald Trump and there's 2 reasons for that.
1) The two major contenders virtually suck all the air out of the room; there's never more than a smidgen of percentage of votes cast for third party candidates.
2) What this election and in particularly this election is about is the PTB candidate vs. an outsider and TPTB won't be denied so what to watch is the rampant vote fraud they'll orchestrate. THEY WILL GET WHAT THEY WANT!

To understand how vote fraud is carried out, start at: blackboxvoting.org...

I quote from that article: "This report summarizes the results of our review of the GEMS election management system, which counts approximately 25 percent of all votes in the United States. The results of this study demonstrate that a fractional vote feature is embedded in each GEMS application which can be used to invisibly, yet radically, alter election outcomes by pre-setting desired vote percentages to redistribute votes. This tampering is not visible to election observers, even if they are standing in the room and watching the computer. Use of the decimalized vote feature is unlikely to be detected by auditing or canvass procedures, and can be applied across large jurisdictions in less than 60 seconds."

Then, this: "GEMS vote-counting systems are and have been operated under five trade names: Global Election Systems, Diebold Election Systems, Premier Election Systems, Dominion Voting Systems, and Election Systems & Software, in addition to a number of private regional subcontractors. At the time of this writing, this system is used statewide in Alaska, Connecticut, Georgia, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Utah and Vermont, and for counties in Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming. "

What is fractional voting? "Instead of “1” the vote is allowed to be 1/2, or 1+7/8, or any other value that is not a whole number. What fractionalized votes can do:

They allow “weighting” of races. Weighting a race removes the principle of “one person-one vote” to allow some votes to be counted as less than one or more than one. Regardless of what the real votes are, candidates can receive a set percentage of votes. Results can be controlled. For example, Candidate A can be assigned 44% of the votes, Candidate B 51%, and Candidate C the rest.
"

How's it done? "GEMS fractionalizes votes in three places: The “Summary” vote tally, which provides overall election totals for each race on Election Night The “Statement of Votes Cast”, which provides detailed results by precinct and voting method (ie. Polling, absentee, early, provisional) The “undervote” count Fractions in results reports are not visible.Votes containing decimals are reported as whole numbers unless specifically instructed to reveal decimals (which is not the default setting). All evidence that fractional values ever existed can be removed instantly even from the underlying database using a setting in the GEMS data tables, in which case even instructing GEMS to show the decimals will fail to reveal they were used."

My guess is that while Clinton will be declared the winner, the REAL winner in this election might actually be the American people because when they witness this huge scale voter fraud in this election, I think people are going to rear up and say, "Enough is Enough!"

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

There comes a time when even not partaking is tantamount to choosing. Whether that time is at hand or not, is up to you, I suppose--actually I don't know who else can decide that for you...

While I understand not participating, I don't agree with it.

But, it is, for now any way, a free country. Assuming you do live here in the States... I forget, sometimes, that this is a very multi-national site.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Serious question....why wouldn't you vote third party?

Most liberals/Democrats don't really like Hillary-she may be better than Trump but, they don't love her.

Most Republicans don't really like Trump, yes he's better than Hillary and he was better than Ted Cruz but...

So why wouldn't you guys vote third party? Why wouldn't a liberal vote the Green Party and why would a conservative vote Libertarian party?

Because the vote won't count? It would if you voted third party. Is there really a big difference between Hillary and Trump? She's a conservative liberal and he's a liberal conservative. She's pandering to the left base during this election and he's pandering to the right base, we know that they'll move more to center during the general election.

I don't really see a reason to vote for either of them. Third party all day!

I wouldn't vote third party because in America they never win.

However, I sometimes would like to have more choices than a liar who tossed around classified emails like candy (Clinton) and a man who went bankrupt with his rich dad's money and spends his free time on twitter telling women to bend over (Trump).

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
If you were psychic, and knew that tomorrow's lottery numbers would be either 12345 or 56789, would you buy a ticket for 53470? I suck at analogies, but I do not see a reason for voting on a candidate who has no chance. I understand the whole virtue of voting what is in your heart, but I think this election cycle (if our votes even matter) is not one to screw around on.

Yeah, like, "i don't like Indians so I'm voting for Custer"

The heart thing will kill you every time. Especially in politics.

Why don't people use their head instead?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Give me minute to step up on my soapbox please.

The reason that people feel that casting a vote for a third party candidate is throwing their vote away is because they have been brainwashed into believing that way, it is a way for TPTB to control who is on office. They only need to buy two candidates for the presidency, with the added bonus of they get to choose who those candidates are since they are firmly entrenched in both parties.

Third party candidates were starting to make advances on the political scene, until the election farce where the candidate with the popular vote lost the presidency because of the electoral college and the American people were gullible enough to believe the story about hanging Chase and it was just coincidence that the state that gave Bush the win, just happened to be governed by his brother.

IMHO that very gullibility , the need for a reason to put stricter controls on people and begin the process of taking away our rights and destroying the constitution and quiet the grumbling about election fraud and divert attention away petitions missing money led directly to 911.

I was taught you should vote for the person you believe in the most, even if you have to write their name on the ballot yourself. That is just what I did the first time I voted for Ralph Nader, the next time he was on the ballot. That looked like progress to me.

I have no problem with casting my vote for a third party candidate that I believe in.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   
When you cast your vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for evil

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join