It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

make your own genius!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
hi i was watching a program on eien stiens brain sorry for the spelling but it said that their was areas in his brain that where bigger like the memory areas and these were connected to spacial awareness sorry i dont have any more info but the thing that connected one area of his brain to another showed that he had an amaing abilitie to learn so i was wondering could we make the brain link up to different areas then we could become a more intelligence species just a thought

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
i was wondering could we make the brain link up to different areas then we could become a more intelligence species just a thought

How do you propose we do this?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Einstein had a large number of varied pathways, areas of use, in his brain. It is no coincidence that Einstein slept 11 hours a night. Sleeping, more importantly dreaming, forms neural pathways by comparing, merging, and understanding ideas learned in waking life. If you want to live longer, and be smarter, sleep more.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthResearcher2000

i was wondering could we make the brain link up to different areas then we could become a more intelligence species just a thought

How do you propose we do this?

i dont know thats why i asked you guys

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Einstein had a large number of varied pathways, areas of use, in his brain. It is no coincidence that Einstein slept 11 hours a night. Sleeping, more importantly dreaming, forms neural pathways by comparing, merging, and understanding ideas learned in waking life. If you want to live longer, and be smarter, sleep more.

i sleep a lot did'nt make me any smarter

[edit on 19-1-2005 by klain]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I read an article about this recently (www.geniusbydesign.com...). Apparently, Einstein was a failure at school, and even failed the entrance exams to college. His brain has been studied quite extensively from what I can gather.

There is some interesting reserch into a technique called "image streaming" where you can supposedly increase your intelligence/brain capacity. There are a number of good articles online about it (the one mentioned above is excellent) if you search on Google.

Hope that helps

Regards,
Grey Pilgrim

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:47 AM
link   
cheers but think how much progress we could make if we all boasted our iq

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

cheers but think how much progress we could make if we all boasted our iq

Or how much damage we could do. An evil genius can destroy in minutes what a good genius spent years creating...

[edit on 1/19/2005 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Sorry for not reading the links provided, but what technologies were available to study Einstein's brain while he was alive? How many of these techniques did he actually submit to or undergo? It seems to me that most of the imaging technologies and other modern techniques that inform scientists about people's brains and thought patterns weren't available back then. How exactly have they studied Einstein's brain?

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
some scientists guys actually have part of it...

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Read your link from front to back, and just wanted to thank you for posting it. VERY interesting.

-P

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
I read an article about this recently (www.geniusbydesign.com...). Apparently, Einstein was a failure at school, and even failed the entrance exams to college. His brain has been studied quite extensively from what I can gather.

There is some interesting reserch into a technique called "image streaming" where you can supposedly increase your intelligence/brain capacity. There are a number of good articles online about it (the one mentioned above is excellent) if you search on Google.

Hope that helps

Regards,
Grey Pilgrim

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim

Actually, Einstien did not fail at school. please reference the following URL: Einstein Failed School
I had this argument in college way back in the day as I to believed that he had failed, I was also under the impression that he had also failed in Elementary school and had not spoken his first word until in his teens. He had purportedly respondded to a question later (after being asked why he had not spoken before, "He did not have anything intelligent to say".
According to some scientists who study sleeping paterns, that the brain is most active during REM (Rapid Eye Movement) which occurs during the deepest parts of your sleep patterns. Here is some info on REM REM Sleep
Hope that this helps.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is a well documented study of the brain. I think the brain is associated with spacial and abstract thinking, while right is with language.

Einstein used his left more than right, therefore it was much larger, larger in the sense that it was more convulated, not larger in size.

Mattision, Einstein donated his brain to the scientific community, so we know all this stuff about him.

Sleeping does increase your memory capabilites. The stuff learned one hour before going to sleep is remembered the best, but the stuff learned five minutes before you sleep is not remembered at all.

Einstein was anything but dumb. He was just shy, very shy. His teachers found that he had advanced mathematical understanding, so they sent him to a math school, but Einstein failed the entrance test miserably and become a patent clerk, only to become one of the most famous men in history.

Surf

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne

Now THAT is why I sleep so much!

new topics

top topics

join