It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The day I met a Demon.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
If you replace Demon with Dick i might believe you. The Day i met a Dick down the boozer Sounds better.

I'm Sorry mate but if a guy i dont know from Adam keeps looking at me then proceeds to act the way you just described, i'm not thinking Demon, I'm thinking the guy wants to strip me naked and cover me in whipped cream or something.

I have met enough idiots in the pub to know the difference mate but I understand your perspective well enough by now.

anyhows I won't keep you, those knuckles don't drag themselves do they

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: dr1234

originally posted by: Chipkin9
a reply to: nonspecific
Hi,

I haven't logged on in a while, but your post intrigued me.

When he said:

"On which side will you stand when the end days come brother" - ""my master promised my many things for my support"

and you said:

"your master decives you and your comrades"

It seems you were pretty quick to jump to the conclusion that he was a "Demon" or from the "Dark side".

Maybe he could have been an Angel on the "Light side".

Sent to you as your guardian.

Maybe he was testing your strength.

Then this:

""When the day comes" and I remember beaming at him and saying " I will be ready for you brother".

So will you be ready to fight against him or ready to stand by his side to fight WITH him?

The whole ordeal seems very ambiguous and there is no telling what side this "Guy" was on.

Maybe YOU are the one destined to be on the "Dark side" and he was (Like I said already) testing your strength.

EDIT: I'm not religious btw, but I certainly don't dismiss things like spiritual entities on either side of a divide.

Never worry about the hardline skeptics; they should learn to take things at face value if they want to contribute; otherwise they should not bother replying to the thread

Really? I think posts from skeptics should be welcome. Everyone has a right to there opinion, and consider "deny ignorance" is the motto of this sight, we should be able to offer differing viewpoints as often as we want. I for one think this is either a story for attention, mental illness, or an encounter with a wierdo that OP has made into a demon in his head because he was looking into magic and such. I just think it's so unlikely this is real. Sorry if that offends you... bo actually, I'm not. that is your issue, not mine.

I would certainly be niave if I thought that people would not be skeptical of such a fantastic story but I would ask you as to why you are so certain that the incident did not happen?

Have there not been stories from all cultures for thousands of years that go against what we percieve to be possible or true?

I think that your instant attempts to explain it away shows that you may be conditioned to accept only what you are told to believe, you did not ask me anything or look for some evidence that I was making this up or suffering from a mental condition?

I would welcome your input as a skeptic but feel that you should put some effort into it as opposed to just deciding it is a fabrication based on nothing but your own opinion.

Because I don't believe in Demons, and have seen nothing in my entire life, in person or in the form of reasonable evidence, that makes me think they exist. So, I am forced to consider two possibilites. A. Demons are real, and interact with people (and for some reason chose someone with a predisposed interest in magic and the paranormal) or B. you are either mistaken or exaggerating a story, either intentionally or due to some psychological reason. Not necessarily an illness. I find B to be the far and away more likely explanation. That's all. If you claimed a unicorn instead of a devil it would be the same reaction.

I understand you view point but the fact that you choose not to belive in something does not make it not real, I could for example choose not to belive in Mexico, I have never been there or seen it, so should I be expected to beliveve that it exists merely because there are pictures of it and people "Claim" to have been there?

Look at what we knew 100 years ago or more, people laughed when they were told that there were tiny invisible things that could make you sick.

Yeah, but like I said, there is realistic evidence that Mexico exists whether or not I have been there personally. I'd accept even that for the possibilty of demons. I haven't seen it, and to me it is ridiculous to believe in things you have absolutely no reason to. Just basic logic. I'm not saying they absolutely do not exist, I'm just saying it is in the same realm as fairys, magic elves, or flying spaghetti monsters for me. Until I see any reason to think they exist, I'm going to go with the working hypothesis that they don't. Nothing against you man. My real beef was with the guy saying skeptics shouldn't reply. If you don't like people challenging your beliefs and offering arguments against your opinion you are on the wrong website. I mean your as in "one," just to be clear.
edit on 24-7-2016 by dr1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chipkin9
Hi,

I haven't logged on in a while, but your post intrigued me.

When he said:

"On which side will you stand when the end days come brother" - ""my master promised my many things for my support"

and you said:

"your master decives you and your comrades"

It seems you were pretty quick to jump to the conclusion that he was a "Demon" or from the "Dark side".

Maybe he could have been an Angel on the "Light side".

Sent to you as your guardian.

Maybe he was testing your strength.

Then this:

""When the day comes" and I remember beaming at him and saying " I will be ready for you brother".

So will you be ready to fight against him or ready to stand by his side to fight WITH him?

The whole ordeal seems very ambiguous and there is no telling what side this "Guy" was on.

Maybe YOU are the one destined to be on the "Dark side" and he was (Like I said already) testing your strength.

EDIT: I'm not religious btw, but I certainly don't dismiss things like spiritual entities on either side of a divide.

Never worry about the hardline skeptics; they should learn to take things at face value if they want to contribute; otherwise they should not bother replying to the thread

Really? I think posts from skeptics should be welcome. Everyone has a right to there opinion, and consider "deny ignorance" is the motto of this sight, we should be able to offer differing viewpoints as often as we want. I for one think this is either a story for attention, mental illness, or an encounter with a wierdo that OP has made into a demon in his head because he was looking into magic and such. I just think it's so unlikely this is real. Sorry if that offends you... bo actually, I'm not. that is your issue, not mine.

I would certainly be niave if I thought that people would not be skeptical of such a fantastic story but I would ask you as to why you are so certain that the incident did not happen?

Have there not been stories from all cultures for thousands of years that go against what we percieve to be possible or true?

I think that your instant attempts to explain it away shows that you may be conditioned to accept only what you are told to believe, you did not ask me anything or look for some evidence that I was making this up or suffering from a mental condition?

I would welcome your input as a skeptic but feel that you should put some effort into it as opposed to just deciding it is a fabrication based on nothing but your own opinion.

Because I don't believe in Demons, and have seen nothing in my entire life, in person or in the form of reasonable evidence, that makes me think they exist. So, I am forced to consider two possibilites. A. Demons are real, and interact with people (and for some reason chose someone with a predisposed interest in magic and the paranormal) or B. you are either mistaken or exaggerating a story, either intentionally or due to some psychological reason. Not necessarily an illness. I find B to be the far and away more likely explanation. That's all. If you claimed a unicorn instead of a devil it would be the same reaction.

I understand you view point but the fact that you choose not to belive in something does not make it not real, I could for example choose not to belive in Mexico, I have never been there or seen it, so should I be expected to beliveve that it exists merely because there are pictures of it and people "Claim" to have been there?

Look at what we knew 100 years ago or more, people laughed when they were told that there were tiny invisible things that could make you sick.

Yeah, but like I said, there is realistic evidence that Mexico exists whether or not I have been there personally. I'd accept even that for the possibilty of demons. I haven't seen it, and to me it is ridiculous to believe in things you have absolutely no reason to. Just basic logic. I'm not saying they absolutely do not exist, I'm just saying it is in the same realm as fairys, magic elves, or flying spaghetti monsters for me. Until I see any reason to think they exist, I'm going to go with the working hypothesis that they don't. Nothing against you man. My real beef was with the guy saying skeptics shouldn't reply. If you don't like people challenging your beliefs and offering arguments against your opinion you are on the wrong website. I mean your as in "one," just to be clear.

No argument from me brother? Do you not think that before this happened i would have not said the same as you?

Do you not accept though that what you personally experience is but a timy part of the world we live in? Is it too hard to imagime that some things are that you will not personally see?

I have no issue with your disbelief other than your attitude towards that which you have not experienced first hand?

Your skeptisism is encouraged.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   

If you replace Demon with Dick i might believe you. The Day i met a Dick down the boozer Sounds better.

I'm Sorry mate but if a guy i dont know from Adam keeps looking at me then proceeds to act the way you just described, i'm not thinking Demon, I'm thinking the guy wants to strip me naked and cover me in whipped cream or something.

I have met enough idiots in the pub to know the difference mate but I understand your perspective well enough by now.

I would rather drag my knuckles than come here and spout total fantasy world nonesense. The way you described the arm wrestIing scene was comic book stuff straight out of the XMen, Pathetic.

I'm surprised you never went further and said you both flew into the air and fought heroically the good fight with good triumphing over evil. I posit everything you just typed was complete and utter bollocks, right down to the friend, especially the bit about a girlfriend.
edit on 24-7-2016 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sounds like a prologue to Steven King's The Stand...

What do you feel he meant when he said something was coming?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   

I would rather drag my knuckles than come here and spout total fantasy world nonesense. The way you described the arm wrestIing scene was comic book stuff straight out of the XMen, Pathetic.

I'm surprised you never went further and said you both flew into the air and fought heroically the good fight with good triumphing over evil. I posit everything you just typed was complete and utter bollocks, right down to the friend, especially the bit about a girlfriend.

You can think(and i am stretching the use of the term for your benefit here) whatever you choose but given that your simple point has now been made I assume you will cease to participate in this thread?

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing!

I've had vaguely similar encounters, tho it was never voiced aloud.

On another note, I've encountered a very demonic disembodied entity and quite literally 'battled' with it in order for it to leave. I'll share my experience in another thread later on.

But I believe you. There is a lot more to this world than we can even begin to understand.

And there is a veritable war going on. Albeit not a physical one, it is very real and ongoing. It likely will culminate to a 'final' showdown 'soon'. Tho in our lifetimes? Who can say?

Time is a tricky thing.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Deny ignorance no doubt.

Damn man you just went straight up, balls to the wall nutso.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
So I'm not then only one this has happened to with a presents asking what side I choice. Its reoccurs to me often every so many months but in my dreams is when I'm asked and is when we fight my last one was last night July 22 2016.I'm now glad to know I'm not the only one that experiences this and I don't stand alone.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Deny ignorance no doubt.

Damn man you just went straight up, balls to the wall nutso.

I thought that the most clever part of his totally irellavant personal insult was that I was unlikely to have a girlfreind lol.

Clever stuff indeed.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Its a pretty cool story bro! But whatever your about or even if what you said happened.

That has got to be the friendliest demon I have ever heard of, as Casper is to friendly ghosts so to was that guy to demons, just as Micky Mouse is to mice. Obviously you have never meet or seen or any other perception you would have of a demon, if you did then you would know that what you wrote is kind of childish and silly.

But hey I am all for silly things, and believing in all kinds of childish things. But! Should not this be in the short stories section of this site, why is it in the grey area? Bizarre indeed.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
Its a pretty cool story bro! But whatever your about or even if what you said happened.

That has got to be the friendliest demon I have ever heard of, as Casper is to friendly ghosts so to was that guy to demons, just as Micky Mouse is to mice. Obviously you have never meet or seen or any other perception you would have of a demon, if you did then you would know that what you wrote is kind of childish and silly.

But hey I am all for silly things, and believing in all kinds of childish things. But! Should not this be in the short stories section of this site, why is it in the grey area? Bizarre indeed.

Why the need to call me childish or silly? how does that add to the discussion?

I will ignore your insults and attempts at humour and will only answer the part of your post that has any real merit for the benefit of others as you have already dismissed my statements as nonsense.

I wold not say that he was friendly more thet it was not the time or the place.

Imagine 2 rival gangs that both knew at some point would come to blows on a big scale, if one of the junior members of one gang came across a member of the other gang he would not be able to kick off as it could get him in trouble but he could make a few smart comments and riffle a few feathers as it where.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have an anecdote which may or may not shed some light on your experience.

Back in the day when I mixed in interesting company there were a few dabblers and a lot of substances flying about.

One night I was visiting a friend who was 'away with the pixies' and he'd decided to do some sort of meditation or astral travel.

Suddenly he became very distressed and said he was under attack from one of the dabblers, so I tried to help.

I think I had him conjure up a weapon of some kind and helped him aim it at the opposition. I hadn't a clue what was going on but felt the need to help my friend protect himself.

Next thing I knew, my friend spoke to me - in the other person's voice - and told me to stop it all.

That's about the freakiest thing I ever witnessed.

So I'm more than prepared to believe that your man in the pub could very likely be an ordinary human but, when you ran across him, was being used as a conduit by something else.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Fascinating.

Rebel 5

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That was quite the experience, thankyou for sharing that, wow interesting for sure.

It reminded me of Jim Morrison, when he was around that age, he though had a similar experience to yours. I don't remember what precisely anymore, i'd have to look it up.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
An interesting story but you are supposed to be my wingman are you not brother?

I thought you were the one that was to tell me that I should not go this way yet you have a story of your own about the unusual and obscure?

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I still got your back but I don't deny that odd things happen in life.

My concern for you is that you have support when you need it. I don't want to see you get lost.

If you ever find yourself in a dark place - just look for that light. I'll be there -

driving the train

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

I still got your back but I don't deny that odd things happen in life.

My concern for you is that you have support when you need it. I don't want to see you get lost.

If you ever find yourself in a dark place - just look for that light. I'll be there -

driving the train

As I said earlier in the thread mate the reason I came to ATS was to discover more about the unxplainable in life, so many things have happened in my life that cannot be explained that there has to be something more.

Somewhere along the way I managed to become distracted by pointless arguments about politics and religion but these are just manufactured situaltions, a distraction to keep us busy doing nothing.

I figured I would get some heat and also concern but am tired of lying about it anymore, I tried to get medical help once but they could find nothing wrong with me, what I claim to be true does not harm anyone with the possible exeption of myself on occasion.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Support can come in many forms. When I needed help I approached one of the most maligned bunches of people on the planet.

I had to pay through the nose for 'treatment' and got badly ripped off. But - it worked. And could have done me a lot more good had they kept to the bargain and provided what I paid for. Yes, I'm bitter.

The point is - you don't have to have something 'wrong' with you in 'that sense'. Just, sometimes a little tweaking or support is required to get a person back to their full potential.

I'm the sort of person who'll just soldier on, being independent, not wanting to ask for help if I can avoid it. Plus, I'd rather hang on for the right sort of help.

Trouble with that is the danger of leaving it a mite too late. Trust me on that one

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

interesting story , do you think your visit to the stones has any significance to the events after ?

maybe energy has followed you to the pub!

thing is I think once you are aware of these things its hard to ignore them!

my mate has been introduced into shamanic practice and he said once you realise there are other dimensions where other energies live you cant ignore them when they come into our dimension.

Anyways , if you have the light inside you then no darkness shall snuff it out!

the darkness needs the light as much the light the dark , a balance !

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join