It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: ISIS bombing in Kabul kills 61, wounds 200+

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Just saw this coming in and thought I'd throw it up as it develops. I'll edit the thread in a second and try to find some links. I'm watching CNN International right now, they're the only ones covering it...

(CNN) — An explosion ripped through a demonstration of hundreds of people in Afghanistan's capital of Kabul on Saturday afternoon, killing at least 31 people and injuring more than 160, according to Ismail Kawoosi, a spokesman for the Afghan Health Ministry.

The blast happened where hundreds of people had gathered for a demonstration by the Hazara minority near the Afghan Parliament building and Kabul University.

No immediate claim of responsibility was made. The Taliban denied it was behind Saturday's explosion, according to a statement form Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid.

Developing story - more to come

Sorry, I don't quite know how to paste this into the text box, it's not taking it. This says 31 dead but they're reporting 61 now. I don't understand these people. Kabul? Why Kabul?
edit on 23-7-2016 by TheElectricPriest because: Adding info...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This can't be good. I really hope this isn't going to be a death toll keeps rising through the day. The number already are horrendous enough. Prayers for the victims of course. This madness needs to stop.

Eta: you edited the post while I was posting. I was really hoping the numbers wouldn't climb, seems they have already.... Sigh, so sad
edit on 7/23/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
This can't be good. I really hope this isn't going to be a death toll keeps rising through the day. The number already are horrendous enough. Prayers for the victims of course. This madness needs to stop.

Eta: you edited the post while I was posting. I was really hoping the numbers wouldn't climb, seems they have already.... Sigh, so sad

Dang. I'm with you brother...it breaks my heart. I saw a guy make a post on one of the American or European attacks (I just can't quite remember which one it was) and he said something to the effect of...5 killed in Dallas (let's assume I was reading the Dallas thread), 55 pages of comments. 250 killed in Baghdad bombing...2. I actually thought that was pretty poignant. Human lives are human lives. The poor people of Kabul just lost a tremendous amount of loved ones today....

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Kabul: IS claims responsibility for suicide attack; 61 killed, more than 200 wounded
Evidently the US news is more concerned with the election.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Kabul: IS claims responsibility for suicide attack; 61 killed, more than 200 wounded
Evidently the US news is more concerned with the election.

Haha! They're talking about nothing but the election! Nothing! It's stupid! I've never really watched CNNi before but I think I'm going to start...at least they talk about real news.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest
I get my freaking news via googling it...Not the BS you see on TV. Cnn is as bad as all the rest , Fox , NBC , MSNBC , they all stink to high heaven.
Reminds me of an old song "dirty laundry"
peace.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"ISIS" would claim responsibility for every terrorist act, everywhere if it could.

The demonstration was against a new transmission power line to be built by the government, the attack occurred amongst those demonstrators.

Two guesses who the current regime is really governed by.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

"ISIS" would claim responsibility for every terrorist act, everywhere if it could.

The demonstration was against a new transmission power line to be built by the government, the attack occurred amongst those demonstrators.

But that is the entire plan , isnt it ? Not minding who,what,when.where.why. IS goes for the largest targets where people have gathered. Of course you knew that.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

smh. And some blame the U.S. for every bad thing that happens.
Daesh takes advantage of people in groups. Doesn't matter if it's a demonstration or a marketplace. They even strike at other Muslims, because they don't follow the same warped ideology.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TheElectricPriest

I don't understand these people. Kabul? Why Kabul?

DAESH are trying to get a bigger foothold in Afghanistan they cause mayhem wherever they can.. They do not think much of the Taliban. The poor peoples of Afghanistan have had this life for to long. www.bbc.co.uk... Another cause for the escaping refugees..

The list of the Islamic States’ grievances against the “nationalist” Taliban are long, and most of it involves criticizing its alliances towards groups that ISIS also loathes, such as Shias and Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate. ISIS reserves the greatest loathing for the Shia, whom it labels as the Rafidah, or rejectors, a term considered incredibly derogatory. The 13th issue of Dabiq dedicates dozens of pages to attacking and explaining the necessity of killing Shia, going through the history of how Persia became Shia before concluding: Initiated by a sly Jew, [the Shia] are an apostate sect drowning in worship of the dead, cursing the best companions and wives of the Prophet , spreading doubt on the very basis of the religion (the Qur’ān and the Sunnah), defaming the very honor of the Prophet , and preferring their “twelve” imāms to the prophets and even to Allah! …Thus, the Rāfidah are mushrik [polytheist] apostates who must be killed wherever they are to be found, until no Rāfidī walks on the face of earth, even if the jihād claimants despise such… Not surprisingly, then, the Taliban are roundly condemned for believing otherwise, and the Taliban have historically not have had the best relations with the Shia minorities in Afghanistan or with the state of Iran. Afghanistan’s Taliban government nearly went to war with Iran in 1998. Dabiq attacked the Taliban for “considering the Rāfidah to be their brothers and publicly denouncing those who target the Rāfidah:”

thediplomat.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog
The plan is to subjugate these countries, by any means necessary. Anyone who shoots back during the occupation will be labeled the 'enemy', pick your flavor.

Bearing in mind they are never referred to in the media as 'Afghans'. Aways some... Al Queda, Taliban, ISIS, whatever.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

And some blame the U.S. for every bad thing that happens.

You mean 'bad' as in occupying Afghanistan though, right?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

DAESH are trying to get a bigger foothold in Afghanistan they cause mayhem wherever they can...

Read that the main stream propaganda is trying to get a new toehold in peoples minds by thinking up new names for 'enemies' (anyone who shoots back).

Al CIA da, Taliban, Isis , tomorrow it will be a 'new enemy', generated by the west. Anything but Afghans.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I doubt we'll see any Afghan flags superimposed over people's Facebook pictures after this. If it's not the West getting blown up we don't really care as much for some reason.

Very tragic, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those affected.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Whoever ISIS isn't attacking might be who gives them their orders. Notice how ISIS mainly targets civilians instead of the ones making policies and laws. Hmmm...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I just need one, Muslims?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Joelombo

Afghan government is a puppet regime of the US occupation.

They do what they are told. Anyone know what the power transmission lines are for?

Edit: By the way, welcome to ATS!
edit on 23-7-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Whoever ISIS isn't attacking might be who gives them their orders. Notice how ISIS mainly targets civilians instead of the ones making policies and laws. Hmmm...

Yah, hmmm.
One would think to create the most havoc the Terrs would once in a while (name your country) attack the wealthy business or homes of elite or government? That never happens.

Theres your sign.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is the net result of arming, funding, and training terrorists to commit terrorism.

It may have sounded like a good idea during the Cold War, keep Russia from gaining more territory, but people should seriously consider long term consequences and whether it was worth it.

Now we have the same history repeating, arming and funding isis to try and oust Assad in Syria. I'm beginning to think someone high up said, 'Damn the consequences.'

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Joelombo

Afghan government is a puppet regime of the US occupation.

They do what they are told. Anyone know what the power transmission lines are for?

Edit: By the way, welcome to ATS!

The same US that had Barack Hussein Obama and Valerie Jarrett in its leadership?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join