It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No ISIS Link to Munich Mall Attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: reldra

I said he was a Muslim the second I heard about the shooting.

Turns out I was right.

Let's see what we will get from the German police, and how this terrorist was connected to Breivik and not to ISIS, and everything is okay, let's continue to accept immigrants so that their children can kill our children in our homes.

WTF has his religion got to do with it if the attack wasn't for religious reasons? Seriously, tell me how you balance that against all the non muslim mass killings in America - did they commit those killings because they are Christian or potentially atheist regardless of any other reasoning?

The bar has certainly been lowered on ATS.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

After the following mass-panic we've heard many false witness-accounts, nothing unusual. Let's wait and see.

Police is still in search for a motive as there's no IS connection confirmed yet. And then we have this (officially confirmed) video showing the attacker shooting at a resident who obviously saw his weapon:

twitter.com...

A flawless standart-german speaking guy right there in the mids of this bavarian jungle. Things that make you go hmm. Also, he seems to be vociferating grievances against this 'Harz4-area', presenting a right-winger mindset aiming for foreigners and poor folks.

edit on 23-7-2016 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: TonyS

The shooter was an 18 year old Iranian who had lived in Germany for 2 years.He self-identified as "German" and was heard to shout Allah Akbar

He was German , born in Munich.

According to German newspaper Bild.de, classmates said he had even used an image of Breivik as his profile picture on the social media network WhatsApp.
Initial reports suggest he was bullied at school - video footage taken during the incident appears to show Sonboly saying he was bullied for seven years.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

He was a messed up kid who set out to murder other kids , religion seems to have played no part but lets not let that detract from the anti-Muslim rhetoric that's been displayed on ATS since the attack started.

Sad for Germany , sad for those involved , sad for this website.

I couldn't agree more with you gortex.. It deserves an applause.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: gortex

I'm starting to think you guys are paid government posters or something. Witnesses said he shouted Allahu Akbar, he's a Muslim, and this is exactly the kind of attack that Isis has been inspiring and promoting. I find your willingness to deflect from the reality very disturbing.

I can assure you gortex in no paid shill.. He is a highly respected long term member of this site..

And had this been shouted then maybe it's just become a kind of phrase in the mind of a naive 18 year old.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Turns out I was right.

Let's see what we will get from the German police, and how this terrorist was connected to Breivik and not to ISIS, and everything is okay, let's continue to accept immigrants so that their children can kill our children in our homes.

WTF has his religion got to do with it if the attack wasn't for religious reasons? Seriously, tell me how you balance that against all the non muslim mass killings in America - did they commit those killings because they are Christian or potentially atheist regardless of any other reasoning?

The bar has certainly been lowered on ATS.

You are right my friend, I used to be proud to be a member a community of individuals which were open minded and critical thinkers that denied ignorance..

I'm now ashamed to be part of it with the hate being spewed, the bigoted views and pure racism..

A sad day for what this site originally stood for..

Rest in peace ATS you have finally become a site for hate and ignorance..

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me where an 18 year old boy, in Germany can get a Glock 17 with the serial number filed off?
Do you truly believe he acted alone? That this was not a "directed" attack? Someone had to have helped this guy get a weapon.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

He used a semi-automatic 9mm Glock 17 handgun, which had had its serial number illegally removed. An additional 300 rounds of ammunition were found in his rucksack when his body was found.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Turns out I was right.

Who's an immigrant? Did you read the article?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
Can anyone tell me where an 18 year old boy, in Germany can get a Glock 17 with the serial number filed off?
Do you truly believe he acted alone? That this was not a "directed" attack? Someone had to have helped this guy get a weapon.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

He used a semi-automatic 9mm Glock 17 handgun, which had had its serial number illegally removed. An additional 300 rounds of ammunition were found in his rucksack when his body was found.

No problem.. Would be the same as an 18 year old in the UK getting their hands in a illegal firearm.. Not a problem.
Of course numbers will be filled.. These are illegal weapons..

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
When this event first was posted on ATS, by the second post, someone said they were SURE it was ISIS. That led to multiple anti-Muslim posts.
A couple of people tried to say to wait for facts, but most were not listening.

Come to find, there is no connection whatsoever.

CNN

He still was Muslim, maybe no direct ISIS connections. But these are the kind of lone-wolf attacks ISIS has asked of Muslims.

Police have not named the attacker, but said he had dual German and Iranian nationality and was born and raised in Munich.

Lauretta said she heard the gunman say, "Allahu Akbar," or "God is great" in Arabic. "I know this because I'm Muslim. I hear this and I only cry," she said.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So, I guess Merkel has no reason to have this story spinned?

She has been taking extensive heat for letting immigrants flood into her country from countries that foster terrorism.
This guy was Muslim, but they could not take a chance the public would rebel because their government risked public safety?

Even if this guy was unstable, even if did live in Germany his whole life, and was not directly trained or in communication with ISIS, chances are pretty good that he was at least inspired by the ideology, based on witness accounts of what he shouted during the rampage.

Also, CNN and other US media have a fairly good reason to just push this spin, instead of doing further research.
There could not be a worse time for another radical Islamist terrorist attack, after Obama was just telling everyone that the world is just fine, and nothing is wrong.
There is evidence that the DNC has likely pressured media to attempt to control their narrative:

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I'm not going to go to the actually wikileaks site, but there are blurbs on their twitter that are interesting.

There is one saying that Debbie Wasserman Schultz "furiously pressured MSNBC after it criticized her 'unfair' treatment of Sanders"

One email from her to the MSNBC president said "This is the LAST straw".

I am curious what other emails might include on the subject. This could be proof that the DNC is controlling the media narrative.

edit on 7/23/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There's something not right about the reporting. First the Telegraph says he has lived in Germany for 2 years, then they say he was born and raised there? And it has happened on the anniversary of Breivik's rampage? It's looking like another media spin for damage control, and like posted earlier, where did he manage to get the gun and rounds?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

When this event first was posted on ATS, by the second post, someone said they were SURE it was ISIS. That led to multiple anti-Muslim posts.

CNN

He still was Muslim, maybe no direct ISIS connections. But these are the kind of lone-wolf attacks ISIS has asked of Muslims.

Police have not named the attacker, but said he had dual German and Iranian nationality and was born and raised in Munich.

Lauretta said she heard the gunman say, "Allahu Akbar," or "God is great" in Arabic. "I know this because I'm Muslim. I hear this and I only cry," she said.

So where is the ISIS link?
Allahu Akbar doesn't men he's an ISIS member, just a psychotic person who also happens to be Muslim. Unless you have something we've all missed?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Maybe something like this?

There was no immediate claim of responsibility but supporters of Islamic State celebrated the "likely terror attack" conducted in Munich, Germany Friday evening in what police believe was orchestrated by a lone gunman.

"Thank God, may God bring prosperity to our Islamic State men," read one tweet.

"The Islamic state is expanding in Europe," read another.

ISIS supporters celebrate Munich killings on social media

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart

originally posted by: UnBreakable

CNN

Read my response again. I stated '

So where is the ISIS link?
Allahu Akbar doesn't men he's an ISIS member, just a psychotic person who also happens to be Muslim. Unless you have something we've all missed?

Read my reply carefully. I state "He still was Muslim, maybe no direct ISIS connections. But these are the kind of lone-wolf attacks ISIS has asked of Muslims".

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

That's not a link to ISIS.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I have not seen any report saying he was Muslim. We only have one unconfirmed eyewitness account.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

We'll never know for sure if he did this off his own accord or was influenced by ISIS. I did read he was Iranian and had been living in Germany for a couple of years but then I read somewhere else tha he was bought up in Germany, so I dn't know what to believe.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Taggart

Another tidbit:

One of main ISIS propaganda channels is already celebrating #Munich attack. 'Whole Europe is under our terrorism'

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So far we know he was German, born in Germany, and of Iranian decent. He had an obsession with mass killings and Behring Breivik, the Norwegian guy that went on a shooting rampage on the same day 5 years ago.

No links to ISIS have been found and we still don't know his religion, or lack thereof.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

He still was Muslim

He was of Iranian decent , does that automatically make him a Muslim ?
If he was a Muslim does that automatically make him a terrorist ?

I've seen several here make this claim but am unaware of any official confirmation of his religion , perhaps you could share the source of your information.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join