It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why and how is "Just For Laughs" a thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I'm up super late and tuned the TV on to airwaves for a change. Show is TERRIBLE. It's not even funny if it's trying to not be funny. The laugh track and overacting is just embarrassing. Is this a thing people in other countries enjoy?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   

The shows feature stand-up performances from the festival and sometimes include "canned bits" shot on location around Montreal, Canada.

Oh. OK. Good job Canada.

Montreal, DONE.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

is the show called 'just for laughs'?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Yeah we have it in the UK it is annoying.
But it can be morbidly funny If put in the wrong places.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I found this Just for Laughs . It is Canadian. Seems like funny people.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

Ohhh, that is odd.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

That is really wrong.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
yeah!

Reldra you would love this boy if you love dogs.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   

You mean just for laffs as in This?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I think the show is brilliant.. And it does make me laugh when I watch it..
I love the reactions of the 'victims'.

One thing always struck me though.. For such a big show going for many years, why do people not recognise the same cast used in every series..

And the blond girl.. I think is absolutely gorgeous. I would love to spend an evening with her..

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Like most tv shows the longer it tries to stay relevant the less original it gets, that show has been on tv well in canada since 2000.

Its an ok show i guess.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Are you talking about just for laughs gags? That show sucks. The regular just for laughs are clips from the comedy festival, that show is good.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
yeah!

Reldra you would love this boy if you love dogs.

I have no freaking clue what I was talking about here.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1 I watch the other channels... fake laughter or real is an idiots sign of respect, apparently... depending on whether the laughter is from your throat or your belly... from the belly and it hurts you just want to leave... get some air in the lungs.
I never do well in public viewing of comedy as I laugh most inappropriately, as no else laughs at the same things... is there a program on TV that makes one laugh so hard they could just die?
Frasier is pretty good and do is cheers...laugh tracks is quick money.
Great topic! I think I'm on topic... time to get some, sir(air)... food and water auto correct said sir, I didn't.

edit on 23-7-2016 by peppycat because: space between member name in green and start of my sentence

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
Are you talking about just for laughs gags? That show sucks. The regular just for laughs are clips from the comedy festival, that show is good.

Ding, ding, ding. Can't stand Gags but the festival is the best comedy in the world. Everyone wants an invitation.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The Just For Laughs Festival in Montreal is an annual live event, it's not a tv show... although there has been some kick off shows in the US and Canada from it but they've never amounted to much.

But at the festival, stand-up comedians from all over the world come to this thing (including well known famous comedians), it's how a lot of them got their first start in the business.

new topics

top topics

join