It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is Gold So Important?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Why does it hold such a significant value to this day when most of it is used for just jewelry, which offers no health benefits, or significant impact in our development. 

Gold is the only reason mankind ever developed. It facilitates trade, which helps innovation. Without a universally accepted form of currency we'd still be stuck with the barter system.

We've developed new currency, why is gold still the anchor? 

Gold is the anchor because it is still the most widely accepted medium of exchange accepted by all countries. All currency is based off of its value in gold.

It could've been anything, but gold was chosen because it is durable, and impossible to fake, among other things.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
We've developed new currency, why is gold still the anchor? Was there more than just it's durability and beauty in jewelry? Does gold jewelry assist mentally or physically?

You can print more monetary notes, you can digitize more currency.

You can't create more gold. It's rarity and durability makes it a commodity.

If the internet crashes from a world-wide EMP and every government on the planet collapses into anarchy, gold will still be rare and durable.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Fiat is fake
Gold is real
Real people like the real deal
Im one of those

Silver is good too

edit on 23-7-2016 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Gold is very rare and very useful for space technology. No corrosion, can be made to be very thin.

The most important reason that gold is valuable is because all gold is made only during super novas.
All the gold on this planet was here since the planet was formed.

No other gold can be made through metamorphosis.

Once it has all been mined, there can be no more.

That is why we were created by our alien creators.
To mine the surface of this planet for gold.

This is why every ancient civilization and even today, gold is the most desired resource.

Think of it as a 200,000 year mining project.

We have already delivered most gold to the alien overlords.

See WTC basement
See Ft Knox being empty
See China receiving fake gold bars
and on and on
See the gold confiscations over the years

Once this project is complete, our usefulness will be no longer needed.

Good day

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

You've just been brainwashed to believe it's cool and hip and whatever people refer to these days.

Instead of a gold bracelet, you can wear a more hipster sea shell bracelet - so hip. No need to be sorry, each to their own.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

shhh...let them keep selling their gold...keeps the price down, we can buy more

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10lol, tell this to a gold miner.... there is a reality program and they take gold and stones pretty seriously.
Me, I like paper...tell that to a tree hugger... and feel the wrath...angry hippies!
Good thing we are in the digital age and there is paper from sustainable resources!
Were you writing gold is cheap, tell that to a wire dealer in electric shop! They'll be wrangling the super deals for the building industry... where women work and understand this stuff most thoroughly.
Hope in'm on topic, I just need to eat food so I can make sense, hope your Sunday and today are good.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Gold is important because tptb have conditioned the masses to think it is important.. Now you can ask why tptb find it important to condition the masses to think gold is important..

Have you not noticed gold is disappearing from the market... fort knox to be empty..stolen from the wtc on 911....and people are encouraged to buy/sell it? A game to be sure it is mined from the earth..

Now I put on my alu-foil hat..

It is collected by tptb before their masters arrive.. They promised them= tptb riches and rule over the common people if they collect a certain amount of gold for when they return. They need it to repair/ replenish their outer atmosphere with it.

edit on 23/7/2016 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It luster and where it doesn't rust or tarnish at all great for decor and I've heard it of it being used for some hygienic miltary underwear that the British military was going to make where it supposed to self clean itself for enduring skirmishes.

It real world application though are minimal, silver an copper are better conductors then gold but they oxidize alot. And it use for currency is obsolete especially when money digital and doesn't grow from trees anymore

edit on 23-7-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I apologize in advance for my long-winded reply. Hopefully it's coherent, my first attempt typing in the window crashed my browser...anyway...it's Saturday! Cashews and Stella here!

Hopefully you will enjoy my thoughts.

My knee-jerk reaction to such a question on a conspiracy site is:

'The aliens created man-kind to mine gold to save their planet'

Now, if you subscribe to this belief, perhaps you could be open to some of my thoughts that would seem to compliment the idea gold does has some innate meaning to humans. Since gold has been used in religion, art, technology, and as a backbone for some society's financial structure, I like to think that there is something 'special' about it.

I often wonder if the forbidden fruit was gold. I mean, if humans were supposed to mine it for aliens, surely they wouldn't want us to be accessing it for our own purposes, or would at least want to 'control' our access to it. Thus, if one of these miners were to realize that this could be used in some way to save their own society/let alone planet...without lending themselves solely to the protection of their creator, there would perhaps at some point be a moment of 'distrust'.

Now, I'd like to think that this mined gold was used when the aliens hoped to suspend it in their atmosphere to protect their planet from impending radiation or whatever. Since mars seems to be a red planet I will try not to refer to the aliens as being from mars or their attempt to do this as a failure. Instead, I will suggest Mars perhaps was one of the first possible planets in relation to earth where terrestrial mining for atmospheric rescue failed, mainly due to gold not being used. Could the reference to streets of gold be the result of a planet elsewhere that had gold initially fall out of the sky (due to it's specific gravity). In summary, aliens may have once come from Mars (or descendants of) at one point and tried to save their own planet with their own resources, and having earth as a second well to draw from, they were able to prep an alternate habitat. I am sorry that I am generalizing aliens, but they can be interchanged within your own conspiracy cannon entities.

So, here the earthlings evolve, still bound to their innate nature of harvesting gold. However, like a squirrel with an abundance of nuts, they realize that this needs to be kept from 'disappearing'. And disappearing from what or whom? Well, we could assume other humans, but what if their attempts were to keep it from returning 'deities'/aliens?

What is the best way to hide something? In plain sight! Now if you ONLY used gold as currency, it's eventually going to be stolen, looted, misplaced, sunken at the bottom of the sea or worse. If you use gold in religion, you have something that is rather easy to work with and change as your religion and deity changes...this keeps society together and would be duly noted if missing. Meaning it's doubtful some aliens are going to come down and take your giant gold statue without notice. Neither are the trinkets around peoples arms and neck going to go missing without notice.

Gold is the only element I can attribute to a recent migration within the past 200 years, known as the Gold Rush. What may be interesting to note however, is that element which brought a nation's growth also had a short amount of time being the standard for currency...Well, didn't I just mention above that gold as currency could easily go unaccounted for? Well, perhaps the US realized this too in 1933.

What happened in 1933 that matters? Well that was when we stopped using gold as currency and the government did a buy back for any gold that people in what would appear as a way to get it out of circulation. Despite the factors that caused this change, it is interesting to note that this is less than 15 years before Roswell.

Roswell? Yeah. I mention it mainly because within the key of conspiracy, lets continue to conspire that US technology is introduced 15 years after it's been perfected. I only mention this because it seems to leave a window of time where gold could have been collected and then used on a large scale project by mankind.

Nonetheless. That's a lot of gold to use on any one project, and if it's such a limited resource, nobody is going to throw all their eggs in one basket and lose it due to human-error. Imagine all the gold being used on one megalithic project just to have the news reel one night report '89% of the world's gold lost in one instant during flash in sky!' So back to the plain sight method of hiding things...incorporate gold into consumer products...At first this would be no easy feat. But when you figure that starting with book edges in gold you may agree to this possibility. When computers were introduced in the early days, one machine could have lasted the consumer 8 years. Now, people buy computers seasonally, and in multiples to accommodate their lifestyles. Kind of hard for the aliens to come and take that gold out of your pc without your pc not working, or you not realizing its missing, and maybe one laptop stolen ok, but all your machines? Rather doubtful that would go unnoticed. There were many years of computer manufacturing happening without any e-cycling as well, which may have aided in gold going 'missing'.

So yeah. I think we all launder gold to keep it away from the aliens.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Excellent summary....I never thought of classifying the sstatus quo as crazy ill....but I agree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join