It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people just shouldn't be cops!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This kid is just a jerk who thinks he doesn't have to give an ID because some internet jocky told him he didn't. Here's my problem with this whole thing. What is she doing being a cop? If this kid had wanted to hurt her he could have easily hit her, knocked her down and being dazed taken her gun and shot her!

If she were my back-up I'd be thinking, "Oh great, I have tiny tina here who is going to get us both killed!" There are certain qualifications to being cop, and one of them is being able to do a take down, and she's just too small! Her only recourse is to shoot anyone who she gets physical with when there is no back-up close by.

Sort of reminds me of women who can't do a fireman's carry wanting to be a firefighter, so they changed the rules and instead of carrying a heavy body down stairs she just drags them by their heels as their head hits each step! If she can do the job, let them be hired. If she can't, then hire someone else. I'd feel the same way if it were a male who was just too small or weak. I just don't think most males that are jocky size fellas and weak would become a cop or firefighter.

Imagine if a blind person wanted to be a surgeon or dentist. It's ludicrous, but sheesh. I wouldn't let them near me!

Point of information: several people responded on that youtube vid saying it was illegal to ride on a sidewalk in that area. So, let's just assume that is correct.

edit on 22-7-2016 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2016 by UnifiedSerenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Problem there was two kids runnin' their moufs. Tiny Tina gave 'em no reason to chill and comply.

That seems to be a norm now. A perp, an instigator and indecisiveness.

ETA: I loved the end of that vid BTW. Street justice.
edit on 2272016 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The kid knew she wanted to give him a ticket. Once an officer tells you what they are doing, you don't get to play stupid. This kid deserved getting into deeper trouble, but she doesn't need to be a cop in my book.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
lulz

so many lulz

from so many participants.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity
Perfect example of "little woman" syndrome.
I didn't see any cop material in that video---just a bunch of sad people. Perhaps that city has hired too many cops when they can spend their time arresting kids for riding their bike on the sidewalk.
I've seen our local cops handle bikers and skateboarders on the sidewalk numerous times. Never saw them demanding ID for a bike or skateboard and certainly never saw them turn it into an arrest. I didn't see any public service performed in that video. Simply telling the kid, in a conversational but firm tone, "Hey, you're gonna need to get that bike off the sidewalk and onto the street." I've seen it work wonderfully well. Teenagers usually reflect the emotion they get from an encounter with a stranger or a person of authority. An adversarial approach will elicit a like response in most cases. One thing I proved to myself over 26 years of riding herd on high school and college students was that they respond positively to a positive approach as opposed to a commanding approach. If you talk to them like another human being, nine out of ten will react in kind. That tenth might need you to pull rank but that person is rare.
There was simply no reason for that lady cop to try to get into that guy's pants!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: UnifiedSerenity

You could equally say that some shouldn't be politicians, judges, teachers and preachers also. The fact the ambitious get in there through the screening for these jobs baffles me.

The nature of the police in the UK has changed due to government interference and I expect that is the same all around the world today.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
What a bunch of incompetent cops, they could barely handle a teenager. Should be put to gym and martial arts classes or get fired.

If I was the guy, I`d have requested a more respectable police officer to check my ID.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Very incompetent training.

Where's the part where she explains in a confident manner what he did wrong?

He actually didn't flee yet. She blocked him and he reversed, did not try to run her over. She could have simply waited for back up which was only seconds away, instead she decided to get physical. If he fled in the other direction, well, that's why you have police vehicles and he wouldn't get far.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I agree with that, but what we do not see is what led up to her choosing to issue a ticket. She could have told him to not ride there and to go where bikes are allowed, and maybe he told her no, he had every right to ride there, at which point she got out her ticket pad.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: VivreLibre

Again, we do not get to see what happened prior to her getting out her ticket pad. For all we know she calmly explained to him that he couldn't ride his bike there for safety reasons, to go out where bikes are allowed. He was belligerent. From the beginning of the video, we know he knew why he was getting a ticket because she told him she was ticketing him.

edit on 23-7-2016 by UnifiedSerenity because: had to adjust last sentence.

top topics

join