It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many People Were Shot by Open Carriers at the RNC?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Interesting point of view in this article that outlines all the MSM fear mungering about the Ohio open carry gun law.

A whole bunch of people were frightened half to death about bad gun carriers coming to the Republican Convention in Cleveland.

They had lots of people saying there would be violence with guns for sure.

But it looks like no shootings by anybody near the Convention arena.

We were warned.

Prior to the Republican National Convention, multiple mainstream media outlets warned about Ohio's dangerous gun laws that allow for the open carry of firearms.

The head of the police union wanted Ohio Governor John Kasich to (unconstitutionally) suspend the state's gun laws.

"We are sending a letter to Gov. Kasich requesting assistance from him. He could very easily do some kind of executive order or something -- I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point," Stephen Loomis, president of Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association, told CNN. "They can fight about it after the RNC or they can lift it after the RNC, but I want him to absolutely outlaw open-carry in Cuyahoga County until this RNC is over."

edit on Jul-22-2016 by xuenchen because: reload errors

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If I had to be near any large crowd of people, it would be them.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wasn't worried about that at all. 99.99% of gun owners are law-abiding and level-headed. I would feel safe actually around people like that at the RNC.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Obviously none, if they was just a smell smokeless powder. The liberal lame stream media would've been all over it, like a fly on a turd.
edit on 22-7-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Good question!

And what about the riots?
We were told that there would surely be riots and violence.

And what about the contested convention with multiple votes?
We were told there was no way that Trump would have enough votes to reach the magic number.

What happened?
The media pundits have been showing just how useless their "expert" opinions usually are.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I don't care if it's constitutional or not at this point

Do I really need to add more?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hillbilly4rent

Obviously none, if they was just a smell smokeless powder. The liberal lame stream media would've been all over it, like a fly on a turd.

I think they would have headed for the hills with their tails tucked between their legs. LOL

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
CCWs aren't out to kill people, they just express their right to carry.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Tons of armed people on opposing political sides protesting outside of the RNC for 4 days and no one got shot...

Hmmm....

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

We should compare all the MSM hyperbole to next week's fiasco.

The comparisons might be surprising.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Tons of armed people on opposing political sides protesting outside of the RNC for 4 days and no one got shot...

Hmmm....

legal responsible gun owners do NOT want to kill anyone

I'm concealed carry and the last thing i want to do is use it. how about you?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
All it takes is one nut job in a field full of law abiding citizens to cause chaos.

Dallas, anyone?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
We have the legal, Constitutional right to carry here in Idaho. An armed populace is a polite populace... ever wonder why NOTHING ever happens in Idaho??? (Other than Napoleon Dynamite...)

I love hearing gun shots in my neighborhood... it means my neighbors are practicing.

THIS is not Europe.

THIS will NEVER be Europe...

My neighbors know my cars, and I know theirs. Everyone here is armed. We have ZERO crime, and ZERO police presence. We don't need it. THAT is how the Second Amendment works... and that is why it was included in the Bill of Rights.

A Government should fear the Governed... not the other way around...
edit on 22-7-2016 by madmac5150 because: Excessive toe fungus

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

None, so then I start contemplating the 'before & after' snapshot of the propaganda surrounding such government sanctioned announcements and think:

Death by a thousand cuts.
Testing the waters.
Gauging public perception.

and so, I'll continue to observe such situations and allow the events to speak for themselves because at the end of the day the only common denominator is the gun-control ideology pushed by government agencies at every opportunity - even if that means creating an event (or allowing an event to be executed) to push the agenda.

Sometimes their platform is a mass shooting, sometimes a political convention but one thing is certain, Americans can expect more of the same until all the necessary restrictions are in place.

Educating the next generation on the power and responsibility bestowed upon the individual by the Constitution is absolutely paramount in combating this affront and keeping the government in-check regarding said agenda...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust
All it takes is one nut job in a field full of law abiding citizens to cause chaos.

It takes a good guy with a gun to 'effectively' stop a bad guy with a gun.

What better way to stop bad guy with a gun than a convention full of conservatives?

Has something like that ever gone left? Serious question. I haven't heard of it before.

I used to admire all the CCWs shaking hands with Ron Paul when he was running for office.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I love hearing gun shots in my neighborhood... it means my neighbors are practicing.

I don't live in a closed neighborhood. We have lots of wide open space. But, I feel the same way you do. When I hear gun shots around me where I live, I have a deep sense of relief knowing we're all staying sharp and ready. It feels safe to me. I guess if I lived in the inner city of Chicago or Baltimore or somewhere like that, I wouldn't have that same feeling.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: projectvxn

Hmmm....

legal responsible gun owners do NOT want to kill anyone

I'm concealed carry and the last thing i want to do is use it. how about you?

Likewise.

Even own all those scary weapons the media says are evil.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: maria_stardust

Dallas, anyone?

There were at least 20 protesters with rifles on the scene.

None of them were shot by cops and none of these people did anything other than seek cover.

The brother of the event organizer turned his rifle over to the police and then asked if there was anything he could do to help.

Whatever point you were trying to make about Dallas is lost on me.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Again, how did that work out in Dallas?

Not so well. Even the Open Carry enthusiasts sought shelter, as opposed to standing their ground. Don't get me wrong, it sounds good in theory. Not so well in real life.

It was trained law enforcement and a robot who saved the day.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

Not so well. Even the Open Carry enthusiasts sought shelter, as opposed to standing their ground.

First time I came under fire in Afghanistan NO ONE "stood their ground".

You seek cover.

How is this even a legitimate critique of the situation?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join