It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Sick and Tired of Life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm done. After yesterday at alpha-india.net, I've realized how immature I am, and how worthless I am. Everybody there hates me. They try making fun of my posts. I've never told them my age. I'm not sure if that's the reason or not. They think I'm like in my 20s or something. I always go to that forum for help in Flight Simulator, but in the end, I get made fun of.

Lufthansa declined my request for the interview, so yep. Virgin America hasn't responded. I'm different from everyone else my age. I study aircraft all this crap. I have very few friends. I'm a loner. My parents don't understand. They always complain. One person at school called me "Einstein". That was a compliment, I know. Nobody understands what I'm talking about. I have no common interests with anybody my age. I'm so doggone different! It's no use. Only my dog understands how I feel. I'm planning on ditching my website, as nobody really views it. My hobby is spotting airliners and building models. This is why I can only talk to adults. Only adults can understand what I'm saying.

Why me? When will my depression stop? I HATE LIFE.
edit on 22-7-2016 by lazyfortress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

Welcome to the real world.

You will soon meet the girl of your dreams, just as soon as you stop looking.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Slow down my friend. Your perceptions of yourself may be distorted. When you're depressed everything is multiplied un-realistically. I don't know much of anything about aircraft, as I figure is the norm so you can't expect a ton of people to have interest in your website. But those that do...

Take a break, relax. Give things some time. And continue in your pursuit. Greatness is not easy.
edit on 22-7-2016 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
It's called growing up and refusing to be a member of generation snowflake..

You have a skill, you have a talent. You need to make sure you refine it and hone it so that when opportunity knocks, either because of luck or because you made your own luck, you kick in the door and make the life you want...

Feeling sorry for yourself is something you need to go through because your life is no better or worse than anyone else. You are no less dark, unique , brooding or whatever then millions of people before you and millions of people after you. What you need to do is dig in, set your target , understand you will have setbacks and not expect anyone or anything in life owes you anything.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hi lazy fortress,

Bully's come in all shapes and sizes, and on the internet they are everywhere. Do not take it personal. These trolls are a dime a dozen. As for your hobby, stick with it! There is an opportunity out there for you. Keep your eyes and ears open! I have been in your shoes and can only attest that if you persevere, the best times of your life are ahead of you, regardless of age! You are not alone! I encourage anyone reading this thread and feeling like OP, keep your chin up, it will not be easy, BUT it does get better!
The valleys are lower than they seem. The mountains are higher than they look. You will make it!

Reply to: lazyfortress

edit on 22-7-2016 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Love what you do, do what you love. You'll attract friends doing just that. Since you have such an uncommon hobby you probably won't have many but you will have true friends. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, being an oddball is a gift. You see the world differently and experience differently, go with your own flow. Life is tough enough without beating yourself up as well.

Chin up bud.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

There is a forum here for aircraft, I believe. The military variety at least.

If you are into that, make a thread and you will meet some folks who also know tons about it.

If you are very smart, and very focused on one general topic, you may find it difficult to talk to or make friends with a lot of people. There are a lot of extremely intelligent people out there who have similar issues. You are not alone.

Get help with that depression. Take care of yourself. You seem like someone who could contribute something amazing to the world.

Peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
I'm done. After yesterday at alpha-india.net, I've realized how immature I am, and how worthless I am. Everybody there hates me. They try making fun of my posts. I've never told them my age. I'm not sure if that's the reason or not. They think I'm like in my 20s or something. I always go to that forum for help in Flight Simulator, but in the end, I get made fun of.

Lufthansa declined my request for the interview, so yep. Virgin America hasn't responded. I'm different from everyone else my age. I study aircraft all this crap. I have very few friends. I'm a loner. My parents don't understand. They always complain. One person at school called me "Einstein". That was a compliment, I know. Nobody understands what I'm talking about. I have no common interests with anybody my age. I'm so doggone different! It's no use. Only my dog understands how I feel. I'm planning on ditching my website, as nobody really views it. My hobby is spotting airliners and building models. This is why I can only talk to adults. Only adults can understand what I'm saying.

Why me? When will my depression stop? I HATE LIFE.

I know how you feel and I share similar things as you. All will be ok man. Have you tried FSeconomy for flight simulator? You do any virtual airline stuff?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker
I do put in AI aircraft in flight simulator. I have over 50 AI airlines I've compiled myself. That's what I love doing. But the guys at Alpha India, which I go to every day to get help with my Ai aircraft, call me "lazy", and just make fun of me. How the heck am I supposed to know the file name of an aircraft model at AVSIM?!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Sounds like they take their hobby way too seriously, and they sound like the kind of people who were bullied for so long that they live to finally get the chance to be mean to someone else. Just don't become them, you'll be fine.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Atsbhct because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Atsbhct
Thanks, friend. You're probably right. Even the moderators there don't act like mods. They think that they're "Gods", when the only thing they probably know is FSX. I hate being made fun of.

I hate making enemies, but there's this one quote by Eminem that always makes me feel better (I don't quite remember the exact wording, but here it is): "Got enemies? Good. That shows you stood up for something." -Eminem

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I do put in AI aircraft in flight simulator. I have over 50 AI airlines I've compiled myself. That's what I love doing. But the guys at Alpha India, which I go to every day to get help with my Ai aircraft, call me "lazy", and just make fun of me. How the heck am I supposed to know the file name of an aircraft model at AVSIM?!

I have never messed around with adding AI aircraft, but what I want to do is fly on "vatsim". You have probably heard of it, live interactive ATC with all real people flying, a map showing all flights in flight sim. It is pretty bada$$. I just need to learn all of the rules and radio traffic lingo because they are pretty strict on everything being done as realistically as possible.

Avsim can be a little weird to navigate sometimes, for me.
For now I do flights on FSeconomy.

As far as these people calling you lazy, they have probably been doing ai stuff for a long time and to "them" it is easy, so maybe they bash people who are learning. But that happens on any corner of the internet. Don't let it get you down though man. People can really be jerks but I would try not to take it personal. Either way, you have much to live for and you seem like a very smart guy, Mr. Einstein
Don't go doing anything rash now ok?

edit on 22-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Right, but also remember that these people aren't your "enemies". They don't know you, and you don't know them.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Check your inbox in a couple of minutes. I'd rather not post what I'm sending you for reasons that will be obvious when you receive the message.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I love adding Ai as it makes my experience in FSX seem less "lonely". And, it adds realism. Seeing jets landing and taking off, parked at the terminals. It's awesome.

I've never heard about vatsim. I bet it's awesome. Yeah, I know those kinds of people. "Roger, Shuttle America 1529. You're cleared for approach on 24L. Good day."

"This is Argus 5-9, receiving heavy flak at (coordinate name). We need some fast-movers at (coordinate name). Over and out."

After playing with my radio scanner, I've heard lots of aircraft lingo on the 120 MHz band. Since I'm under the arrival path to BWI, I usually hear "Southwest (flight number)" or some sort of regional jet operated by Republic Airlines or ExpressJet talking to ground control.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea
It's been a couple of minutes. Did I do something wrong?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I love adding Ai as it makes my experience in FSX seem less "lonely". And, it adds realism. Seeing jets landing and taking off, parked at the terminals. It's awesome.

I've never heard about vatsim. I bet it's awesome. Yeah, I know those kinds of people. "Roger, Shuttle America 1529. You're cleared for approach on 24L. Good day."

"This is Argus 5-9, receiving heavy flak at (coordinate name). We need some fast-movers at (coordinate name). Over and out."

After playing with my radio scanner, I've heard lots of aircraft lingo on the 120 MHz band. Since I'm under the arrival path to BWI, I usually hear "Southwest (flight number)" or some sort of regional jet operated by Republic Airlines or ExpressJet talking to ground control.

Vatsim is like your AI but all the planes are real people flying in real time. Most of the busy cities have ATC coverage with a lot of the ATC people being real life atc's.

check this out... All these are real people flying right now. Zooming in shows atc coverage.

vatview.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Woah! That's radical! That would be a neat addition to my simulator

edit on 22-7-2016 by lazyfortress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
And this.. You should give it a look. I am sure you would love it.

www.vatsim.net...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Woah! That's radical! That would be a neat addition to my simulator

It is! It is a little overwhelming to me but since you know the lingo it would be much easier for you. There are little addon programs that link your flight simulator to the network so that everyone can see and hear you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join