It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Selects Tim Kaine, a Centrist Senator From a Swing State, as Running Mate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I'm voting Republican and I am ecstatic at this pick...

If she had picked Sanders they win by a comfortable margin....IMHO

Thankfully she is petty and vengeful so she didn't make the correct political decision...

-Christosterone

Bernie Sanders would never be Vice President to Hillary. He's a much stronger and decisive leader than Hillary will EVER be. As Hillary's VP, Sanders would go to bed every night in tears of frustration and anger.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow, that's so liberal of her. A middle aged male white Christian.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Sen. Kaine: The problem isn't the drones. It's the U.S. mission

WASHINGTON — The deaths of two hostages in a drone strike in Pakistan shouldn't raise questions about the use of drones, says Sen. Tim Kaine, a leading voice on foreign policy on Capitol Hill — but he says they should raise questions about the mission the United States is pursuing in the region nearly 14 years after the 9/11 attacks.

This guy is absolute TRASH.

Afghan Hospital Airstrike: US Has Long History Of Mistakenly Killing Civilians

You'd think Hillary would enlist the aid of a febreeze politician, one that would possibly make her past and present a little less stinky. Mask those political odours! She didn't and now she is Randal Flagg to her trash can man lol.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Arizonaguy

originally posted by: xuenchen
He is considered a "centrist" but lets see what he says during the convention next week.

A centrist is a poor choice if Hillary wants to bring Bernie voters into the fold. That's just my first reaction.

After Trump's speech last night I don't think that Hillary is worried about Bernie's people any more. She is worried about losing Centrists, Moderates, and independents. She could get the vast amount of Bernie supporters, but If she loses the aforementioned groups she's toast. She is scared.

I disagree with all of this. Hillary has a lock on a healthy portion of all of the aforementioned. Plus, she has pretty much every minority voting bloc locked up thanks to Trump's scorched-earth primary campaign that was "refreshingly honest and un-PC!!!!"

I am truly just being objective. i am no Hillary fan.

You can discount it all you want. The fact is is that Hillary may have lost some Blue dog support in the midwest after last night. She is scared

I don't discount it. I just disagree. There's no data yet on the post-convention bounces, for Hillary & Trump, so all we can do is speculate. Agree to disagree?

Also, I spent a few years really digging into the election system- and voter registration system reforms after the 2000 and 2004 elections. I think those reforms were used to hijack some systems -- particularly in the big swing states of Florida and Ohio.

So, I don't think democrat and republican party insiders/leaders are afraid of the election outcome.I don't think Hillary or Trump are afraid.

I think they are all probably both working to elect the same person.

I have a personal experience that led me down that road and feel pretty confident that 99%+ of voters have never traveled down that road and, therefore, can't tell me I am wrong or enlighten me otherwise.

We just have different perspectives. That's not to say I discount yours...I just disagree.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
5 Things To Know About Tim Kaine
NPR

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
NPR

5. He plays the harmonica

well that makes him a winner for sure !!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

He is considered a "centrist" but lets see what he says during the convention next week.

A centrist is a poor choice if Hillary wants to bring Bernie voters into the fold. That's just my first reaction.

I think the surge of Trump over the last month and the RNC convention forced her hand. She is going to have to move away from the left to try and complete for independents.

bad timing on her part though, or just unlucky with the news cycle full of Munich and also wikileaks revealing her vetting of Politco stories.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
One issue doesn't make you a "centrist." Take national security and defense appropriation votes out of the mix and Kaine is a die-hard liberal.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
NPR

5. He plays the harmonica

well that makes him a winner for sure !!

To me it is a sign he is human. Most Politicians just play their windbag. Pence probably is scared it makes the "Devil's Music."

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

After this week, the DNC is re-writing their entire script one deception at a time.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Yes.

That is a great reason to vote for a President/VP.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Did she castrate him first?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

I think the surge of Trump over the last month and the RNC convention forced her hand. She is going to have to move away from the left to try and complete for independents.

bad timing on her part though, or just unlucky with the news cycle full of Munich and also wikileaks revealing her vetting of Politco stories.

Ok, let me put it this way -- stay with me, you may enjoy this:

Hillary has not locked up the nomination contrary to popular opinion.

Hillary has 2,205 pledged delegates and needs 2,383 to lock up the nomination on the first roll call at the convention (based only on pledged delegates).

Bernie is going into the convention to argue the superdelegate rules be changed. The goal is to do away with all the superdelegates and he has gathered some significant support for that cause (*note the bolded):

Politico interviewed nearly 20 of Sanders’ colleagues over the past week and found a surprisingly strong appetite for change, including among influential members of the party establishment such as Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.), a top prospect for vice president. More than half the senators surveyed support at least lowering the number of superdelegates, and all but two said the party should take up the matter at next month’s convention in Philadelphia, despite the potential for a high-profile intraparty feud at a critical moment in the campaign.

Link

*ahem* Hillary's VP choice supports Bernie's rule change.

Bernie has also made it clear that he will allow a full traditional roll call. IF the rules do change and no superdelegate votes are counted, then Hillary does NOT have enough votes to win on the first round.

Now, Bernie has said he may stop the voting before the second delegate vote and declare Hillary the winner by Acclamation, but he has also left it open. One thing is for sure, he will allow a full traditional first roll call.

And...if he does allow a second roll call, ALL of the pledged delegates will be released to vote for the candidate of their choosing.

So, is Tim Kaine a wise choice?

I don't think he is, but it really remains to be seen, eh?

edit on 22-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

Did she castrate him first?

Shhhhh.

That's private hipaa medical info.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
One issue doesn't make you a "centrist." Take national security and defense appropriation votes out of the mix and Kaine is a die-hard liberal.

I would agree, I think he will be what ever she tells him to be.

Just like her flops over the years, she will "champion" just about
anything if there is money and power to milk out.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Joelombo

W..T...F does that matter?
I could care less who he sleeps with, it's his choice of political partners that disgusts me.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
After watching Fox for a few minutes.

I think he is gay.

That is going to play well to the LGBT base.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Her pandering to minorities is so transparent i`m surprised She didn`t pick a black person for her VP?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

It matters D.

Clinton does nothing without doing the political calculations first.

It's about the politics not the other.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
after those emails leaked today I refuse to cast a vote for Clinton, who I've despised for years as is.

I'm independent moderate but as a minority i refuse to vote for a party that caters to racist pieces of garbage, so i WILL not vote for Trump.

that being said, if my choices come down to trump vs. clinton even after the DNC has been exposed,I refuse to participate in this farce, and will only cast votes for local state choices on the ballot

At least to the GOP's credit, even though they don't want to endorse Trump, they let their constituents' voice speak. The DNC disenfranchised every person who voted for Sanders.

I refuse. # this system and both of these parties. i'd rather see the world burn then to participate any further

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join