It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Reasons Why Ted Cruz Royally F'ed Himself At The RNC

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
There's so much spin about this issue from the MSM on all sides. After having analyzed the situation and with a brief moment of introspection, I concluded that this will in no way help Ted Cruz in either the Senate or if he decides to run for POTUS in 2020.

Reason #1

He signed a pledge like all of the other candidates where he thereby agreed to endorse the winning candidate of the Republican primaries.

By not honoring the pledge, he not only goes back on a commitment he made to his party but he's also fed into one of Trump's repeated criticisms of Ted, i.e. Lyin' Ted. We all know that one.

Now Trump was hesitant to sign the pledge at first but he did sign it like all of the candidates. And whether you liked them in the primaries or you disagreed with their policies, the candidates who were quick to endorse Donald Trump (Christie & Carson) were wise to do so.

Reason #2

His subtle allusion to 'vote up and down the ticket' will be seen as a backhanded endorsement for Hillary Clinton.

A lot of moronic commentators on MSM networks, particularly CNN, have tried to compare what Ted Cruz did to what Ronald Reagan did when he lost the Republican primaries to Gerald Ford who was the then incumbent running for re-election competing with Jimmy Carter who eventually won the POTUS.

To try and equate what Cruz did two nights ago to what Reagan did in 1976 is a futile effort and a lost cause. Although Reagan didn't officially endorse Ford in his 'concession speech' at the RNC, what he did do was speak about unity and essentially rallied the party and his supporters around the winning candidate Gerald Ford. This not only unified the Republican voting base but Reagan also cemented his position as next in line for the election in 1980.

Ted Cruz did not speak about unity. He did not rally his supporters behind the winning candidate. He did not honor his pledge. Even if he didn't use the words 'I endorse Donald Trump' if he wanted to do good for his party and his political career he would have urged his supports to vote for the winning candidate.

Reason #3

As a candidate who identified himself as one with 'Christian Values' he has now contradicted himself by urging Republicans to vote for Hillary.

Hear me out on this one.

During the campaign trail in the primaries and often throughout his career as a senator Ted Cruz has portrayed himself as a man who embodies 'Christian Values' in his life and his politics. One of his main points and criticisms of Donald Trump was that Trump is an inauthentic Christian, while Ted Cruz is a man who has lived by and displayed 'Christian Values' throughout his entire life. By doing so, Ted Cruz has pandered and appealed to many 'far right' and possibly fundamentalist Christians in the south & midwestern United States.

These people are his voting base and the reason why he earned as many delegates as he did from the primaries. One of the most important issues to these voters is the appointment of a new Supreme Court Justice. How do you think Cruz's Christian constituents are going to feel when they realize that his backhanded endorsement of Hillary Clinton (i.e. vote up and down the ticket) could possibly cost them a Republican majority in the Supreme Court? My guess is, betrayed. And not only that, but hypocritical. If Ted Cruz was truly concerned with upholding constitutional freedom to his Christian constituents, he would have realized that the best thing for he and his party would have been to unify his supporters and rally them around the winning candidate.

----------------------------------------------

Just for the record, even after 13 months of non-stop negative coverage and countless empty predictions, these political pundits on TV have been wrong about everything they've said about Donald trump for the past 13 months. Dead wrong. You think they would have learned their lesson by now, but no. The only person that has been right about what they have set out to do in the past 13 months is Donald Trump.

You would think after over a year now they would have learned their lesson about making empty predictions. Remember, many pundits were absolutely convinced that Obama would not get elected in 2008 and made many empty predictions that were proven to be invalid.

You would think that some of the left in the media would tip their hats to Trump's display of respect for the LGBT republicans, and the positive response he received from the audience. But no, they want to talk about how much of a baller Ted Cruz is for sticking it to 'the man' Donald Trump. Like these democrats are going to vote for Cruz in 2020? Now way, get real.

And having support from democrats isn't going to help your campaign in 2020 either, Ted. You sorry sack of...

edit on 7/22/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
he's betting the next potus will be reviled by both parties in the end

either way he's probably right

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
he took a gamble, like most other republican members who endorsed trump at the last minute.

the only difference is he bet on the dealer, not the player.

he might be on to something ... he bet with the odds, not against them.
edit on 22-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
In '76, Ford was the incumbent president having been appointed by Nixon after Agnew resigned.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: paradoxious

Correct. I worded that incorrectly, it is fixed now.

edit on 7/22/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
As for #1, I've been trying to find proof that Ted actually signed the pledge. In addition, if signing then not honoring the pledge means people are f'ed then Bush, Kasich, Jindal and a few others are f'ed as well.

#2 and #3... no he didn't. I'm not sure how any of this is an endorsement of Hillary Clinton:

"I congratulate Donald Trump on winning the nomination last night.

[Obama and Clinton's party] is the party that thinks ISIS is a “JV team,” that responds to the death of Americans at Benghazi by asking, “What difference does it make?” That thinks it’s possible to make a deal with Iran, which celebrates as holidays “Death to America Day” and “Death to Israel Day.”

My friends, this is madness.

President Obama is a man who does everything backwards – he wants to close Guantanamo Bay and open up our borders, he exports jobs and imports terrorists.

Enough is enough.

There is a better vision for our future: A return to freedom.

On education, your freedom to choose your child’s education, even if you aren’t as rich as Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama.

On healthcare, your freedom to choose your own doctor, without Obamacare.

On taxes, your freedom to provide for your family without the IRS beating down your door.

The Internet? Keep it free from taxes, free from regulation. And don’t give it away to Russia and China.

Freedom means free speech, not politically correct safe spaces.

Freedom means religious freedom, whether you are Christian or Jew, Muslim or atheist. Gay or straight, the Bill of Rights protects the rights of all of us to live according to our conscience.

Freedom means the right to keep and bear arms, and protect your family.

Freedom means Supreme Court Justices who don’t dictate policy, but instead follow the Constitution.

And freedom means recognizing that our Constitution allows states to choose policies that reflect local values. Colorado may decide something different than Texas. New York different than Iowa. Diversity. That’s the way it’s supposed to be. If not, what’s the point of having states to begin with?

Hillary Clinton believes government should make virtually every choice in your life. Education, healthcare, marriage, speech – all dictated out of Washington.

Our party was founded to defeat slavery. Abraham Lincoln, the first Republican president, signed the Emancipation Proclamation.

We passed the Civil Rights Act, and fought to eliminate Jim Crow laws.

Those were fights for freedom, and so is this.

We deserve leaders who stand for principle. Unite us all behind shared values. Cast aside anger for love. That is the standard we should expect, from everybody.

And to those listening, please, don’t stay home in November. Stand, and speak, and vote your conscience, vote for candidates up and down the ticket who you trust to defend our freedom and to be faithful to the Constitution."

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

pardon the empty space...quirky computer.

I honestly don't understand how 'up and down the ticket' is code for vote Hilliary. Would you mind explaining?
BTW...not a Cruz fan.

edit on 22-7-2016 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

edit on 22-7-2016 by Teikiatsu because: double post

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

What is there to explain? The point is he is urging his supporters not to vote for Trump. He even attested to that in interviews after the RNC.

It was all a vendetta because of what Trump said about his wife and father. He knew what he signed up for, it's an election.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Basically the issue for many loyal Republicans is that voting up and down the ticket includes non party members. In this case that would include Hillary Clinton. Many people feel like this a betrayal to party ethics.

So in short Cruz didn't really say vote for Hillary but people feel like that was what he was implying

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cygnatt
Basically the issue for many loyal Republicans is that voting up and down the ticket includes non party members. In this case that would include Hillary Clinton. Many people feel like this a betrayal to party ethics.

So in short Cruz didn't really say vote for Hillary but people feel like that was what he was implying

Which people?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

He didn't urge his voting constituents to support the winning nominee.

As far as the pledge? I'm not sure if there is photo evidence of a signed copy like Trumps but he did raise his hand at one of the debates with all of the other candidates and took the pledge.

Whether you think his comments were an endorsement for Hillary or not, Ted Cruz demonstrated that his personal feelings about things said on the campaign trail are more important than the feelings of the Republican voting base that would elect him 2020.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

that's the ticket!! I agree!! Ted is dead in the political water!! So is Glen Beck !! I'm voting for Trump...his family is tight...I just figure Trump will have the best people around him to move forward ...he does not like to look stupid.....and ..I sure won't vote for Clinton who's scary as all get out!!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
When he was boo'd off stage after asking for party members to vote for the constitution, the constitution died officially. Total disregard in both parties. Welcome to the end. Rather than be a cynic and think it was a political miscalculation, what if he realized that YES this is bigger than him, bigger than trump, bigger than any party? Maybe if that was his plea, he isn't such a fool.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ted just took the Fundamentalist Christians with him away from Trump as they have always supported Cruz.

Ted is anointed by God. That's a might powerful endorsement.

www.politicususa.com...
edit on 22-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

#1. A pledge isn't a contract so it's not binding. While it does mean he broke his promise which is a bad thing character wise, I think anyone who would allow his family to be slandered like that and still support the one doing the slandering would also be viewed as having no principles or backbone anyway. So either way he was stuck. He could let down his political party or he could let down his wife and father. When you look at it like that I think he made the right choice. I mean how much respect could you have for a guy who won't even stand up for his own family???

Not only that but the whole pledge thing is BS. It's basically just coercion in forcing someone vote a certain way. That's totally against a democratic system like ours where the freedom to vote how you want must be in play. Forcing any of them to promise to vote a certain way like that is shameful IMO. The fact that so many Republicans are mad because someone "didn't tow the party line" is just a hypocritical stance to have because most of the time they'll complain about someone being bought off or corrupt for "towing the party line". It's a big double standard.

Everyone needs to be allowed to vote however they choose.

Besides, he'll still vote for Trump and Pence anyway. He just doesn't want to admit that or give his support openly for it.
edit on 22-7-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Ted just took the Fundamentalist Christians with him away from Trump as they have always supported Cruz.

Ted is anointed by God. That's a might powerful endorsement.

www.politicususa.com...

Hey Friend!!! I guess I'll have to click that link and read it...(rather hear music) ...hope it's all crap...because I will move to the PI Islands and have my honey chase me with a butter fly knife ...hahahah...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Not only that but the whole pledge thing is BS. It's basically just coercion in forcing someone vote a certain way. That's totally against a democratic system like ours where the freedom to vote how you want must be in play. Forcing any of them to promise to vote a certain way like that is shameful IMO.

Not that I agree or disagree with your thoughts about the pledge, what makes it different in this circumstance is that there were 17 candidates running for the GOP nomination and there were fears of an independent run from more than one candidate.

These aren't ordinary citizens, these are people running for office. No one was forced to agree to it but it was proposed by chairman Prebius and unilaterally agreed upon. What's great about the pledge is that it forced the establishment into a position where if their chosen candidate (Jeb!) did not get the votes needed to secure the nomination then the nomination would go to a candidate not bound to any establishment.

In other words, the process works. The voters demonstrated that the Republican primaries are not completely rigged, there is still some truth to the process. Unfortunately we cannot say the same for Bernie and the Democrats.

Everyone needs to be allowed to vote however they choose.

I don't think the pledge actually called for the candidates to vote a certain way (although we know it is certainly implied). Rather, it was a pledge to 'support' the winning candidate.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

ok ..I read it (I'm Mensa) ...it's crap!!

Talk to Action reported a few days later that Ted Cruz had actually been anointed as messiah

hahaaha!!

Ted is now a Leprosy..on the hill.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Cruz screwed himself. I hope his constituents kick him to the curb. He was my second choice for POTUS ... distant but still number two. I'm as disappointed in him now, as I was with Scott Walker. Anyway ... I hope Kasich gets trashed just as badly based on his shenanigans. That Cruz and Kasich hung on even after they knew they couldn't win was just dirty-assed politics. I have zero remaining respect for any of them.

In fact, I hope the Tea Party rises from the ashes and displaces all these RINOs and Neo-Con types. When this election is done, I'm withdrawing from the Republican Party and registering as an Independent. And, aside from Trump this time, I'll never vote for anyone with a ( D ) or an ( R ) after their name. I don't care what I think of them. It's principle from here on out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join