It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bruce Lee Win a Fight against a UFC OR MMA pro?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokedownChevy

Brokedown i know you really like Hogan, but he'd be wetting himself before Bruce even made his 3rd Hit!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Be Water My Friend - Bruce Lee

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Amazing video! You rock!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

I love how Bruce Lee uses Nun chucks to play Ping Pong and wins everytime, even after they added two guys on one team. Wow This Man is a LEGEND!
edit on 7/24/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
uhm..
thats not Bruce Lee.
and you cant play pingpong with nunchucks.

edit on 24-7-2016 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
uhm..
thats not Bruce Lee.
and you cant play pingpong with nunchucks.

uhm..
prove it. It looks like him to me.

can you catch flys with your chopsticks? a piece of rice perhaps?
I didn't think so.

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig
Wait wait wait, the American Top Team (ATT)? Heck yeah! Nunes just won the women's 135lb belt. Much respect (though I think Lawler's losing to Woodley).

But yeah, I think a lot of people are still caught up in the mystique & legend as opposed to looking at the modern reality. The whole unspoken point of "MMA" is to test all of the world's combat styles and create the ultimate hybrid fighting form. Mystique and legends mean nothing; the techniques have to be tested in live combat against other experts from various fields to determine their worth.

Don't get me wrong, I have a certain respect for anyone who dedicates him/herself to any form of athletics, including traditional fighting styles, gymnastics, yoga, and much more. But I've also concluded that many of the modern versions of those fighting styles were meant to protect practitioners against "normal" people. So they typically work in that regard. But their deficiencies become a lot clearer when faced with people who can physically and stylistically exploit their weaknesses (because all styles have weaknesses).

All of that leads to my simple view of Bruce Lee. He was a great entertainer, incredibly charismatic, was incredible compared to the competition of his time period (though he never fought the Gracies or Vale Tudo fighters), and was a great martial arts philosopher for his time. But none of that would matter against today's elite MMA fighters at pretty much any weight class.

Or to be blunt, I'd have to see his feats in the cage or ring against today's well rounded fighters to believe them. Because for now, it's just propaganda and hyperbole. People act like the laws of physics don't apply to him, which is ridiculous. Also, if his styles and philosophies were as unbeatable and unblockable as his fans claim, why hasn't Jeet Kune Do achieved anything significant in the world of competitive fighting? If it's so great, Jeet Kune Do practitioners should be dominating boxing, kickboxing, and MMA. After all, everyone claims Lee's techniques were so much better than all of the other arts. But where's the proof? (And before people say real Jeet Kune Do is too dangerous because it has "illegal" strikes like eye gouges and throat strikes, so do the other martial arts.)

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Uhm...no need to prove it. It's an advertisement.

For AUDI, I believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Ericthedoubter

If true, i will admit i was wrong. However the Bruce will always be as Water.

posted on Jul, 25 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

It was not real.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Thankyou for setting me straight. I was wrong, and i admit it.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Thats a cgi video of bruce lee playing ping pong with nunchuks.

Bruce lee actually didnt like nunchucks.

His best friend danny inosanto had shown bruce nunchuks and introduced him to the weapon.

Bruce thought the weapon was impractical and silly (hes right btw) and didnt seriously practice with it.

However, he did think it would look cool in a movie so he wrote a couple of scenes with them.

In real life bruce had limited nunchuck skills and in no way could ever play ping pong with them.

He was however the hong kong cha cha dance champion before he seriously began learning martial arts.

posted on Jul, 26 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Anybody 'could' potentially beat anybody in a fight.
Bruce could hit the guy with a sweet uppercut and knock him out.
But generally speaking the jujitsu/wrestler will win, Brice would get taken down and choked out
However its possible he could win, just highly unlikely.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I disagree..

Main reason? Bruce studied every move, if he didn't know it he'd learn it. He was Meticulous and Stubborn.
edit on 9/18/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Awareness is correct. Bruce was learning wrestling back in the 70s with gene labelle. Who in his 80s still terrifies mma fighters.

Theres a place in los abgeles called Valley Martial Arts Supply. Genes a local there. When you go in there are signs on the chairs that say you must vacate out of respect your chair and offer it to gene at any time when he visits store.

Bruce woukdnt be fooled by sone jujitsu. Which is an excellent martial art. Nothin is better on the ground except maybe some harimau. But jujitsu folks get Knocked out just like anyone else. A heads a head. And dispite what they say. If you do have a signifigant strength advantage you can literally muscle your way out of a lot of sport jujitsu. Its not intended for combatives. Never has never will.

posted on Sep, 18 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

yes.

Bruce was one of the greatest martial artists of our time. An einstein of the fist.

Freaking warrior poet. Master. Force of nature.

edit on 9 18 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I love Bruce Lee - he was incredible, a philosopher and an incredible specimen without an ounce of fat on him.
But he would get destroyed by a few modern day MMA fighters, that's just a fact.
Maybe not, maybe he's the toughest and most unbeatable man to have ever lived, but I don't think so.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

yes.

Bruce was one of the greatest martial artists of our time. An einstein of the fist.

Freaking warrior poet. Master. Force of nature.

Indeed he was!

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
There's a small debate going on here about whether or not Bruce Lee could hold his own.

I have no doubt that he could do it. Bruce was faster than a 10 Dan Black belt, and an Icon in his own right!

What do you think ATS?
Well, Bruce lee not only practiced mixed martial arts (like ufc) but also was one of the pioneers, right?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Add power to that and I haven't seen anyone that could beat him unless they got REALLY lucky.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join