It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bruce Lee Win a Fight against a UFC OR MMA pro?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'm not angry

Now watch the Video i posted please, it's good!

I re-posted it for you, aren't i nice? smile...
edit on 7/23/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Bruce great fight.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Bruce great fight.

Love this movie, thanks i'm watching it now!

Bruce is Royally kicking that guys ass! Awesome!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Those videos...

Feature men who are faster than me, but no where near as fast as Bruce Lee. Nor are they as precise. We are talking about a man who could deliver three knockouts in the same amount of time that it takes either Pettis or Dodson to strike once.

They are also sloppy. Those looping shots to the gut would be more effective if they had no circular motion to them, if all the force was being delivered directly through the target area. Don't get me wrong, any one of those men could stomp all up and down my face, and the faces of almost anyone they like. But Bruce Lee would knock ten men of their calibre out before you could say "Inhuman phenomenon".

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I love the end kick to his chest, bye bye! He is really smart to pick up glass. Bruce did not like that!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Oh yeah definately!

That was a very fast kick, his accuracy and speed was unmatched. Even while the guy had glass bruce kicked it out of his hand like taking candy from a baby lol.

Were that a real fight that guy would be way past immobile he'd be dead.

I still can't believe anyone would think Bruce couldn't beat someone in UFC Or MMA.

He would beat them all hands down.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Hands down Bruce would win!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Hands down Bruce would win!

I wish i had a private body guard like him, wow that would so rock!

Those Pecks!

lol sorry had to include the pecks! I'm a woman what can i say.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Ya for sure. As long as his opponent was in the same weight class. There's tons of fighters still that only have standup and very little ground game. But if it were me I'd kick em in the balls n watch em frown. I'm gonna kick u hard in the nose!!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

But how do we know that ur a women. Maybe ur actually a man

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
UFC , MMA , WWE - all the same . Men's soap operas. i.e As The World Turns for guys.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

This was a very well laid out assessment and spot on IMO. In Lee's time, very few people around the world were trained or training for these sport, because the industry just was not big. Now it is an international sport drawing the worlds top fighters in every practice known from all countries around the globe.

I personally feel that a time machine bringing him to today, he would need to spend at least a year retraining to compete in today's professional fighting scene.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Well seeing as i know a couple people on here Via the phone, and i have tits that would definately make me a Woman.

Nice Try tho!

I'm putting a podcast out sometime and i sound like a woman too, amazing isnt it, A Woman that sounds like a Woman wow.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

btw i didnt ask, are you even part of the human species i mean you might just resemble an Amoeba or some other freakish thing i'd rather not identify.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
At this point I am going to just believe that the Bruce Lee legend is Chinese propaganda to strike fear into the hearts of foreigners about the capability of Chinese fighters. And although the UFC and MMA have created an industry where all the worlds best fighters can now demonstrate their capabilities to everyone, the Chinese are still trying to perpetuate this mystic Godliness around Bruce Lee as a subliminal propaganda against the minds of foreigners about Chinese might.

Like I said he would still kick my ass, but I don't think he would be nearly as successful in today's fighting sports industry.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

This was a very well laid out assessment and spot on IMO. In Lee's time, very few people around the world were trained or training for these sport, because the industry just was not big. Now it is an international sport drawing the worlds top fighters in every practice known from all countries around the globe.

I personally feel that a time machine bringing him to today, he would need to spend at least a year retraining to compete in today's professional fighting scene.

Exactly! I've mentioned several times that he'd have to train in grappling arts now because there's no way he'd be able to dominate these experts as he was. And the weight class differences only make it more blatant. But I've also concluded that this is actually just a nostalgia thread meant to give infinite praise to the legend, without looking at the abilities realistically or objectively.

It's like people who love swords and old weapons (like myself) arguing that soldiers in modern wars should still use large war hammers as their primary weapon. After all, war hammers could pierce with one side and smash with the other and were far superior to swords in armored melee battles. Of course, anyone who knows modern war tactics would laugh at that suggestion and give a list of reasons why gun a, b, or c would be far superior weapons. But that argument would fall on deaf ears if the nostalgia was strong enough.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Ironically, I agree w/this as well. I've looked pretty deeply into a lot of the different forms of Kung Fu and Wushu and they look more like acrobatics than actual fighting (I acknowledge many of the weapons styles, though). The vast majority of the stuff is being taken far out of context in order to be sold as products to gullible fans (such as simple breathing techniques being exaggerated & marketed as mystical techniques).

In fact, I'm pretty sure most of the real/deadly hand-to-hand Kung Fu styles were eradicated during the Communist purges in and after World War 2. That's why you'll never see an MMA champ that's a master of the Preying Mantis style or Lee's Jeet Kun Do; because they simply don't work against trained fighters, much less against the world's best fighters across all disciplines. And ironically, the most practical and affective Chinese martial art system I see right now is Sanshou, which is a modern creation.
edit on 23-7-2016 by enlightenedservant because: changed "effective" to "affective" in the last sentence. i still get those confused & might have switched to the wrong one. meh.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I would like to see Hillary vs Lee.. and next match Trump vs Lee... Before election day if possible.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

He'd win. He was so fast and so strong, it was unbelievable.

He weightlifted as well. It was part of his training.

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join