It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Bruce Lee Win a Fight against a UFC OR MMA pro?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Bruce Lee was the epitome of something representative of something else.

and Bruce was something of a great martial artist.

the Bruce Lee equivalent of today would destroy any of today's top fighters in any discipline.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Remember when Royce Gracie got his butt handed to him by Matt Hughes?

There's a reason for that.

If Bruce Lee were alive and in his prime today he could do well. He was one of the first mainstream martial artists who, while remaining faithful to Wing Tsung, still branched out to other arts and techniques to perfect his fighting ability.

Bruce would do well in his weight class, but I don't think he would remain undefeated for very long. MMA has evolved spectacularly and if we took 1960s Bruce Lee and put him in 2016 octagon he'd get his butt kicked.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyJae

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: awareness10

A WWF wrestler wouldn't stand a chance. WWF is fake. Bruce Lee was the real deal.

If anything, a UFC or MMA fighter would stand a better chance....but not much.

I hate to be "that" person, but ....

WWF stands for Word Wildlife Federation. That organization won a lawsuit against Vince many years ago. They are now known as the WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment).

As for Brue Lee....I don't think he would have had any problems winning any sort of match he was entered in, be it UFC, MMA, or yes, WWE

Blessings,
Jasmine

Bruce would Win most definately!

Perfection at it's highest! His muscle tone was top notch, along with Balance, Discipline and Control.

edit on 7/22/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Small debate? It's been a debate since MMA/UFC became a thing!

Two finger push ups.

Nuff' said!

edit on 22-7-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't know about that. Maybe MMA has evolved significantly since Bruce Lee, but remember that Bruce Lee essentially started it all. Its not just his technique that made him great, it was his integration of different fighting styles, his ability to out think his opponent, and his adaptability. I'm sure there are people like him today, but I don't know who they might be.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
He did a movie back in the 60's 'the green hornet' He was literally so fast, they had to slow the movie cameras down 'granted the cameras weren't as fast as they are today' but even the fact that he could do it, was above human. Few people still to this day can move as fast as bruce. I don't know that any Man could match him to this day.

This Video Says it all, faster than a 10th Dan Blackbelt.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Bruce Lee was the father of MMA, but there is also a grandfather of MMA as well. What made Bruce great is that he incorporated fighting styles from everywhere! He studied Ali's footwork relentlessly and helped him develop his own sweet trademark bounce! And too boot, he was a philosopher!

Bruce Lee was the greatest and died too young!
edit on 22-7-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

more like Super Human !
Bruce was The Best!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No. Royce Gracie was the bomb in mma then bigger guys got in.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Against a Gracie, he'd likely lose. In a more MMA style, he could do pretty well.

He's undersized, but the rap on him was that he was quite the fighter in his younger days.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Bruce Lee could probably be a top notch UFC fighter but it's not what he trained for. Send him into the Octagon vs a UFC Champion, without specific training for that sport and his opponent, he would most likely lose.

However, put that same match up in a dark alley somewhere and you might have a completely different result. Fighting for your life is different than fighting for a judges scorecard.

I'm sure if Lee could time travel to the present and train exclusively for the Octagon, he'd be one of the best in the UFC. Lee was a true bad ass but I think some people don't realize how advanced and specialized these pro MMA guys are these days.

Of course, I'm not an expert and these are just my wild guesses. It is a fun subject to ponder and debate tho.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Bone75

Who do you think could've beat Bruce Lee?

Pretty much every MMA fighter since Matt Hughes and George St. Pierre.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite

That's a good point.

How many punches would his opponent be able to take?

How long would it take for Lee to become fatigued (the guy had no fat on him)?

How hard could Lee hit?

How many hits could Lee take?

Those are all important factors. Unless Lee could hit his opponent's weakness with a surgical strike (like McGregor vs Aldo), Lee would probably not last long without endurance training.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I agree. GSP would dry hump him for 5 rounds and win by unanimous decision.

@BelieverPriest- That's exactly what I was wondering. These MMA guys nowadays have cardio for days and iron chins. I just don't know where Lee stood in that department.
edit on 7 22 2016 by Tuomptonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Nope sorry. I bet most of the bigger wrestlers would win due to their size. Its nice to cheer for smaller people against big people, but the sad truth is when it comes to hand to hand a significantly larger man with a taller bone structure and heavier muscle mass is almost always likely to come out on top 1v1 . I am not trying to discredit Bruce Lee, he was certainly one of the fastest sons of guns the world has ever seen. But there is only so much force traveling with those blows that his small frame can put out.

I did mention in my original response that got this thread started that he could probably take anyone 1v1 up to two weight classes above him. But once he gets to the big boys, the heavy giant types, I just think physics wins. I mean I am certain he could kick my ass. But I do believe that he would be unable to actually take down people of the size regularly found in pro wrestling like Batista, The Rock, Triple H, maybe even John Cena.

Is there any real footage of him fighting someone bigger than him?? Like the top sizes in UFC/MMA ?? I firmly believe he could absolutely hold his own and do really well up to two weight classes above him. In fact I bet he would wipe the floor with everyone in his class, and maybe the one above. But after that its going to get harder for him to land the same damage cuz they getting bigger and can take harder blows.

He was 5'7" and weighed 135lbs on average. I don't really care who you are or how fast, it will not end well with someone that size trying to take on a 280lb + 6'2"+ anyone.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
Chuck Norris > Everyone who has ever lived...

Except Bruce Lee...

Pretty good considering they didn't actually hit each other. And there's a disadvantage to a lot of chest hair right there. Bummer.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If an MMA fighter could get his hands on Bruce, it wouldn't be good for him. However, that's a big "if". Lee's speed and quickness are legendary. I'm not sure any MMA fighter today would be able to get ahold of him.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ahh i love debates like this ill put in my thoughts

iv spared with someone who trained for nothing but speed my self and speed>power

so id say for most anyone to deal with someone who dose that much speed training good luck to you

but if u check out japenese mma ull find alot more people who are fast myself i do enjoy watching ufc but the mma in japan seem more skilled to me id love to see the 2 worlds cross but that will never happen

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

David and Goliath

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Wow ... the comments in this thread prove Bruce to be, in fact, Legendary.

I think he could hold his own in his weight class. If he had to take on a heavyweight ... uh uh. He never had enough ass for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join