It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May gets Hollande ultimatum: free trade depends on free movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Theresa May was warned by the French president, François Hollande, at their first meeting in Paris that the UK cannot expect access to the single market if it wants to put immigration controls on EU citizens.

Sources

What is Mad Merkal, Hollande and the other nut cases leaders obsession for free movement?

It already been proven to have bee a giant fail. UK left and leaving a giant finance gap, other country's are likely to join us and the EU is being hit week after week in terrorist attacks! One happen right now.

Other country's in the EU are sick of free movement too but no is listening! the EU is doomed.

This just proves the UK was right to leave! The Eurocrats don't care about comprise of listing to there people They just want force there own vision on the EU even to the detriment of the locals.

May needs to tell Hollende its not happening. The EU will fail anyone and the UK can make trade deals with the individual states that leave that sinking ship.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
If she takes the ultimatum she is a Traitor to our collective decision.

We gave up on free trade to minimise free movement.
To then offer the exact same deal is only a slap in the face of us Great Brits...

But well, if she takes the deal I want her head on a spike.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You Brexit people really make me sick! Business, especially international business is built on give and take. If your not gonna play the game you WILL get nowhere. Do you honestly think that it would be take, take, take. Even with the rest of the world. You all really aught to wake up and smell the roses cos we ain't gonna win by isolating ourselves.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Oh, and stop coming up with the BS "we are independent now and can dictate our own terms" "we have our sovereignty back" "we now control our own borders".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Like accepting disastrous mass immigration from third world countries is a prerequisite for trade. Utter horse#!

In what reality is this actually true? And why would it be true?

This isn't about free trade, this is about creating a problem so our leaders can conveniently hand us some totalitarian solution of theirs.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
You Brexit people really make me sick! Business, especially international business is built on give and take. If your not gonna play the game you WILL get nowhere. Do you honestly think that it would be take, take, take. Even with the rest of the world. You all really aught to wake up and smell the roses cos we ain't gonna win by isolating ourselves.

But why does it have to include free unvetted movement?

Business can function perfectly will with visas.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, the negotiations have not started. This is just posturing. Hollande also wants a quick deal, but the UK don't. The UK is probably already negotiating deals to be activated on BREXIT, so why rush when you can set things up to use other negotiations as a bargaining chip.

Anyway, the French do not represent the EU. In fact, with the UK leaving, those nations who fear a French slanting EU may be more willing to accommodate.

Poor French, because at the moment the initiative is with the Brits.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGodStop coming with this mass immigration crap. Britain has never, ever, ever lost it's control over its borders. The immigrants that have already entered the country is with the complicity of the UK government. NOT, I repeat NOT been forced on us by the EU.
If the rest of the EU wants to say free movement is the cost for free trade then that is their privilege and we HAVE to like it or lump it.
The national lottery motto is exactly right "you have to be in it to win it", but we ain't in it now are we.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
After what's going on in Germany right now ... May might have time to make a considerate decision.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphiBlimmey, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Initiative with us Brits, What initiative? What have we got to offer the EU? What have we got to Barter with? Let me think, err, err, Nothing.
The French own our power stations, The Germans own two thirds of our railway infrastructure. So tell me what great product have we got to offer that they can't get elsewhere?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Why would you ever trust the politicians in charge of the EU? You would have to be ridiculously naive to believe they actually work for the benefit of the people. They are beginning to show their real hand, by ignoring democracy and saying they will do everything in their power to shut out nationalist political parties.

The President of the unelected executive arm of the European Union (EU) has vowed to block all right wing populists from power across the continent, shortly after acquiring the power to exert “far-reaching sanctions” on elected governments.

With the continent-wide democratic surge to the right, the anti-democratic Commission could be in for a challenge in their attempt to exclude each and every elected government they deem to be “far right.”

However, as of 2014, the Commission was handed a batch of new powers that it could plausibly use to do just this – powers already being mobilised against Poland’s elected, conservative leaders.

The Commission can now trigger a “rule of law mechanism” (Article 7 TEU) against nations it perceives as deviating from “the common constitutional traditions of all Member States.” Ultimately, “far-reaching sanctions” can be exerted, and a country can be stripped of all voting rights in the EU and have funding blocked.

The people that voted for brexit exercised their democracy, they're not the ones that should be criticised, the EU should be criticised for making unreasonable demands, working against democracy and shoving policy down the throats of countries whether they want it or not.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Australia has very strict immigrant laws, the world trades with Australia, EVEN THE EU.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

This is not a game. This involves the ability of entire communities to be able to walk around in safety without the danger of being mugged, assaulted or even tortured and killed, as well as being able to settle down, get married and send their children to good schools.

We have enough problems with "travellers" from Ireland. They park their caravans on any bit of public green space used by entire communities and it takes a court order to get them to move on. Everyone across the country has had to barricade the access gates and driveways to fields with rocks and boulders to make sure they don't try and setttle down and start to build homes. They only do this because in their own home country, they would have the vehicles confiscated and crushed.

We have a housing shortage as well. It's come to the point where children in their 40's are living with their parents because they simply can't afford to buy homes because of all the buy-to-letters and transient tenants. We've got Roma gypsies coming across for the day to London in order to do a bit of pick-pocketing, and they will even squat in someone's house and throw out all of their possessions.

Salaries for computer graduates in Scotland have fallen through the floor because international students were willing to *pay* in order to get work experience as interns. I had my PhD thesis dragged out for four years because an international student thought he had the right to demand a copy of all my work before I had published my thesis.

This is no "give and take". It is all take, take, take.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a reply to: paraphiBlimmey, I nearly fell off my chair laughing. Initiative with us Brits, What initiative? What have we got to offer the EU? What have we got to Barter with? Let me think, err, err, Nothing.
The French own our power stations, The Germans own two thirds of our railway infrastructure. So tell me what great product have we got to offer that they can't get elsewhere?

Safe neighborhoods where there aren't mass shootings and cities with good schools that don't have Europeans as a minority in their own country, the highest cost of living in the world (London). That's what Europe wants - access to British job markets. I've seen academic jobs advertised in the UK that are *only* open to non-British European nationals who have been in the country for at least three years. All British nationals are locked out from applying.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

You can have good trade deals without having to open up your borders to everyone. You been fed s%#t so long you think it's the only food out there.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   
***FREE TRADE***
If ever there was a misnomer.....

How can anything be FREE when there are conditions attached to it

No it is not free trading someone has an agenda.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I'd rather we had tariffs if the price of free trade is open borders.

I doubt the businesses in the EU would be happy, but there comes a point at which you just have to shrug and admit that there is no dealing with some people.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

You Brexit people really make me sick! Business, especially international business is built on give and take.

No business is not built on *give* and *take* Its built on *buy* and *sell*

If you have the right product at the right price you are in Business!

Give and take? LOL!!

They are 'giving' us immigrants and expecting that we will 'take' them,

regardless?

If your not gonna play the game you WILL get nowhere. Do you honestly think that it would be take, take, take. Even with the rest of the world.

Its no *game* its *business* .....big business

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I agree Ewok! And i love ewoks their so cute and furry and..

ahem sorry... yes definately .. something needs to be done about this!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   
So then there is no free trade what is the problem?
edit on 23-7-2016 by Dumbass because: (no reason given)

top topics

join