It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police operation underway at Munich mall

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA
Almost hesitant to post this...

Breaking News Feed
@pzf
BREAKING NEWS: CNN REPORTS MUNICH GUNMAN SHOUTED ALLAHU AKBAR AND TARGETED CHILDREN.

This could be the most confusing act of terror yet.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

Is there a barrier where the jihadists took over?
They seem to function with such immunity.
Will you faith survive THEM?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

As best I can.

Early reports were of a shooting in a mall, mostly on social media showing people fleeing the shopping center and pops in the background. Those were accompanied by more social media accounts of a large police response to the shopping center.

At some point more video popped up that showed somebody not matching the initial description of the shooter outside a McDonald's near the shopping center, shooting at people. (As a personal note, I believe there's a chance the McDonald's shooter was trying to force people back towards the shopping center, as it appears to me that some of them were already running towards him, then reversed direction when he started shooting).

There was yet another video appearing to show another person with a gun on top of a parking garage, verbally engaging with citizens who were on/in another building, then he begins shooting.

There are multiple confirmed fatalities, anywhere from three to six.

Wounded/injured is unknown.

Police are only confirming one shooting scene right now. Whether that means they're combining everything into one scene or something else entirely remains to be seen.

Police are saying they're looking for "up to" three shooters.

GSG 9 has been deployed to Munich.

Emergency services from all across Bavaria are being pulled to Munich.

The Czechs have clamped down on their border to try and catch anybody coming their way.

Crap is still chaotic as all hell, reports are all over the map right now. Other locations in Munich had shots fired calls that haven't been confirmed. They haven't given a definite answer on the number of shooters. There are reports that the shooter or shooters were yelling about immigrants, and an early ID on social media of a white supremacist being involved. I think somebody posted here something about ISIS taking credit, though I may be confused as to what they were taking credit for.

ETA - a few more things: unconfirmed reports that one shooter killed himself, but no confirmation whatsoever on that; police don't have anybody in custody right now, at least not that's been reported since the "up to three shooters" statement. And I just saw that a spokesman is saying they have no indication it's an Islamic terror attack.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Gin
a reply to: maddy21

If those reports are about this video then, just to clear this up, the guy shouting "#ing foreigners" was someone cussing at the shooter on the roof, who had a distinct Bavarian dialect, while the shooter spoke High German.

The guy on the balcony shouted insults at the guy on the parking deck, in Bavarian German. Calling him a "Scheiß Kanacke". That's like the n-word for foreigners there. The guy on the deck said he was born in Germany. He complained about the fact that he was raised in a poor neighborhood and "how you treat us" - whatever that means. Some more insults. Then we heard some shots, and then the Bavarian guy scorns the poor aim of the shooter.

Anyway, No native German would ever have to clarify that they're a German or born in Germany because someone mistook their appearance for a brown person. So that makes him possibly not a ethnically German shooter. Maybe a tanned German or 2nd gen immigrant but definitely not a 'Hans Müller' type German.

OK, we are now at shades of brown or suntanned ........... really?

link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

Almost hesitant to post this...

Breaking News Feed
@pzf
BREAKING NEWS: CNN REPORTS MUNICH GUNMAN SHOUTED ALLAHU AKBAR AND TARGETED CHILDREN.

Yes, and others say that the attackers screamed "Scheiss Ausländer".
Funny how US CNN spins into the muslim direction, being far away in the overseas...

Or it has nothing to do with the big bad US spinning things and everything to do with chaotic , emergent situations are chaotic and emergent.

link   
Shelter in place!

About as asinine as duck and cover.

link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Way too many contradictory things coming out right now!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DigitalVigilante420

How much money does Soros have left?
THIS is his brainchild.

link   
I read a comment that someone says there are 10 dead. Man.. the guy on TV just spoke about 3rd world war... I am like 80% sure he is reading it off from ATS.

link   

originally posted by: Gin
a reply to: maddy21

If those reports are about this video then, just to clear this up, the guy shouting "#ing foreigners" was someone cussing at the shooter on the roof, who had a distinct Bavarian dialect, while the shooter spoke High German.

The guy on the balcony shouted insults at the guy on the parking deck, in Bavarian German. Calling him a "Scheiß Kanacke". That's like the n-word for foreigners there. The guy on the deck said he was born in Germany. He complained about the fact that he was raised in a poor neighborhood and "how you treat us" - whatever that means. Some more insults. Then we heard some shots, and then the Bavarian guy scorns the poor aim of the shooter.

Anyway, No native German would ever have to clarify that they're a German or born in Germany because someone mistook their appearance for a brown person. So that makes him possibly not a ethnically German shooter. Maybe a tanned German or 2nd gen immigrant but definitely not a 'Hans Müller' type German.

That definitely is very suspicious.

link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Is there a barrier where the jihadists took over?

We don't know if it is jihadists yet , it may be more disturbing than that.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Shelter in place!

It's not a good idea to go walking around the city if there are potentially multiple shooters still at large.

link   
Munich police says that there is no evidence of MUSLIM terrorism.
I rather believe the bavarian police than US news sources that report about events in germany/europe.
And if i say that i believe the police, the bavarian police more, then that is something...

link   

Shelter in place!

I couldn't disagree more but that is not what this thread is for.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Shelter in place!

I couldn't disagree more but that is not what this thread is for.

That's what the tv said German residents were told.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroFurrbone
And he just happened to pass by the kid in the stall and did nothing.

I wondered about that too. Why didn't he kill the nine year old boy? Maybe the boy left the bathroom before he got his gun loaded.

I don't know. I'm still hoping it's false.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Gin

arguing with the shooter,calling him names and scorning his poor aim,That dude is either crazy or he is the bravest man in Germany.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I'm starting to wonder if the guy on the carpark is even related to the McDonalds guy, or if they just both chose to go cray at the same time.

I know the odds of that are pretty slim, but Munich isn't exactly tiny.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How many germans are in this thread and what sources do you use right now? So maybe if there are two people watching to ARD, one could watch ARD, the other ZDF, and so on. So we would cover more news.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I hope you're right.
The guy outside didn't look like he was aiming at children...but hard to tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join