It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Deadly Police-Involved Shooting in Houston Released

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I made a thread about this incident when it first occurred.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.yahoo.com...

Video was released today of a deadly police-involved shooting of a black man in Houston.

Mayor Sylvester Turner said he wanted to release the videos to show that the man was armed and to "debunk" social media reports that he was unarmed.

"The videos speak for themselves," Turner said. "The facts are what they are."

Houston police said Alva Braziel, 38, was armed when he was fatally shot by Houston police officers on July 9.

"This was not a case of an unarmed person that was shot down by the police," Turner said today.

Braziel's family has seen some of the videos, Turner said at a news conference this afternoon.

The deadly encounter began when two officers saw Braziel standing in an intersection in moving lanes of traffic, police said. The officers saw Braziel wave his hands in the air and then point a gun "directly at the officers," police said.

The officers took cover behind the open doors of their patrol car and told Braziel to put the gun on the ground, police said.

"Braziel ignored repeated commands and instead raised his arms up, pointed the pistol upward and moved into different aggressive stances, as if getting ready for a fight," the Houston Police Department said in a statement on July 11. "Braziel then lowered his weapon and again pointed it directly" at the officers, police said.

The officers discharged their duty weapons, "fearing for their lives," police said.

Braziel died at the scene, police said.

The officers were identified by police as L. Lopez and E. Macias. The case is being investigated by the HPD Homicide and Internal Affairs Divisions and the Harris County District Attorney's Office, ABC's Houston station KTRK reported.

The officers involved in the shooting are on administrative leave, Joe Gamaldi of the Houston Police Officers Union told ABC News.

"The release of this video shows what we were saying all along," Gamaldi said, noting that the suspect’s finger was on the trigger when police removed gun from his hand.

The video "refutes the false narrative going around that he did not have a gun," Gamaldi said, noting that is also refutes the narrative that "officers stood over him” and shot several more times after he was down.

So here we go... Guy had a gun after all.

edit on 22-7-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2016 by ATSmediaPRO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

My post in your thread before they released the footage...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yay, RT.

Now lets see who mentioned BLM first...

edit on 22-7-2016 by intrptr because: changed

(post by Tardacus removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
snip

Exactly. I mean I will still wait for evidence, but I will assume it was a good shoot until proven wrong. This is all to common from the victims/media.
edit on 7/22/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: quoted removed post

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
That officer certainly qualified at the range, no doubt about that.
Still not sure if I agree with the shoot to kill policy but if it's his life or yours - he was the one who made the choice.
Sad that people are driven to such acts of brazen stupidity.
Suicide by cop must've been what he was looking for.
Perhaps hoping he would be memorialized all over the news like so many others.
Here's where the media may actually bear part of the burden as to "why"?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
That officer certainly qualified at the range, no doubt about that.
Still not sure if I agree with the shoot to kill policy but if it's his life or yours - he was the one who made the choice.
Sad that people are driven to such acts of brazen stupidity.
Suicide by cop must've been what he was looking for.
Perhaps hoping he would be memorialized all over the news like so many others.
Here's where the media may actually bear part of the burden as to "why"?
Just Military industrial complex MSM spin to try to further the divide between us lowely wage slaves.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Sure beats the "use lethal force in a non-lethal manner" policy.

Glad to see they released the video to dovetail with the gas station video.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What did the man expect to happen after standing in a busy highway waving a gun around?Especially with all the recent shootings.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Well that's what you get when you point a gun at cops. Some people...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

snip
"Them"? Really man? At least you're honest about your dislike of "them". I happen to be a "them" and it's good to know where you stand. Damn, ATS sure has changed.
edit on 7/22/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: quoted removed post

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

of course he had a gun, whenever I hear that another innocent, unarmed, good boy,who din`t do nuffin, was killed by the police I just automatically assume that he wasn`t innocent,or good or unarmed, "they" have cried wolf too many times i just don`t believe "them" anymore.
"Them"? Really man? At least you're honest about your dislike of "them". I happen to be a "them" and it's good to know where you stand. Damn, ATS sure has changed.
And for the record, he deserved what he got and I'm not one to make excuses if someone is in the wrong and I care nothing about their skin color.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Can't get upset or feel sorry for an idiot.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It looks like a legit kill to me.

Not surprised to see you co signing a seriously racist post though.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

I read "them" as those who will defend the guy on the receiving end of every police shooting as if there is no possible way the police are justified to open fire provided the person on the receiving end of the sot is a black dude.

"They" come out in droves crying foul every time it happens.

Honestly, if you're going to get offended by people saying "them", you're going to have a rough time in life.
edit on 22-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

It looks like a legit kill to me.

Not surprised to see you co signing a seriously racist post though.

What is racist? A police shooting happened, where people were demonizing the cops saying they murdered him. History shows those to almost always be lies. The actual video comes out, proving the cops to be justified.

Is it racist to make these threads? Well, I find this topic a huge deal in our society because cops are dying over LIES. Which need to be exposed.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Yup, and the lovely part of it all is that you still have people defending Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Alton Sterling, and using them as examples of "innocent kids" and "family men" to perpetuate the cyclical falsehood of this "movement".
edit on 22-7-2016 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

the post you co signed was racist. i won't go any further due to a thread drift.

history does NOT show that police brutality is a lie. you are just blind and naive because you have no empathy for the people who are being abused by police because they don't share the same skin color or ethnicity as YOU.

the person here was killed justly. I'm not shedding tears here. but to say cops are dying over lies is bull.

Philando Castile, Tamir Rice...those are lies? no.

cops are dying because people like you turn deaf ears to the decades of abuse they've inflicted not only upon minorities, but ALL americans. the number of police killings and the brutality is inexcusable. stop condoning killing and abuse on the tax payer's dime!!
edit on 22-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

the post you co signed was racist. i won't go any further due to a thread drift.

history does NOT show that police brutality is a lie. you are just blind and naive because you have no empathy for the people who are being abused by police because they don't share the same skin color or ethnicity as YOU.

the person here was killed justly. I'm not shedding tears here. but to say cops are dying over lies is bull.

Philando Castile, Tamir Rice...those are lies? no.

cops are dying because people like you turn deaf ears to the decades of abuse they've inflicted not only upon minorities, but ALL americans. the number of police killings and the brutality is inexcusable. stop condoning killing and abuse on the tax payer's dime!!

Philando, not quite sure yet but it is looking like a mistake on Castiles end, or that this man could indeed have robbed that store, acording to the tax stamp on a pack of cigarettes they found.

Tamir Rice? Did you not watch the frame by frame video of the police press conference? He lifted his shirt and drew that fake gun, I saw it with my own eye's. While it is a tragic case, the police were absolutely justified. They did not know of the possibility of it being a toy because the dispatcher did not mention it.

And don't try to play how this Rice kid was only 12 because I posted an article yesterday of a 13 year old girl who gunned down 2 elderly people over hair extensions. So "kids" can be just as dangerous.

I do not expect facts to matter to you.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You have ZERO evidence that Castille robbed a store. I watched the same video of Rice and I saw police ride up at point blank range to a kid that supposedly was armed and executed him.

Please take your far right nationalist blog propaganda elsewhere.
edit on 22-7-2016 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join